Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Explicit Materials Cleared for Schools
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: March 11, 2011 01:17AM

my experience as a teenager was quite different, no overt interest in sex at all,lol... But I mimicked it so I would not be singled out and ridiculed by others, which I was be4 I figured out that pretending made them leave me alone...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: March 11, 2011 03:44AM

I have lived in three third-world cultures where it was perfectly normal for the father or uncle or even an older brother to have sex with the daughters when they were at a very young age of 9 or 10. Young girls growing up saw it happen to their older sisters and when it happened to them it was normal. Female Peace Corps volunteers assigned to those countries were routinely raped in the rural villages because it was considered normal for males to have sex with any female that he wanted. It was such a problem that in one country the female PC volunteers were not allowed to live in rural villages. THAT is sex education for a vast percentage of this world's population.

So I have no problem standing on my soap box and standing up for the rights of our children to remain sweet, innocent little children as long as possible. A little girl can know that a boy has a penis and a little boy can know that a girl as a vagina but it is inappropriate for little boys and little girls to know that the penis is inserted inside the vagina. They can learn that at an older age. When the littles play Doctor they can look, touch, giggle all they want but I don't want them rubbing and inserting things. And I certainly don't want them tying balloons to their hands and feet while they do it! LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2011 03:45AM by RocketShip.

Date: March 11, 2011 03:59AM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was having sex by the
> age of 14 and so were most of my friends...
> I also moved out on my own
> 2 years later

Please don't take this wrong but my heart aches for you, Coco. Sexually active at 14, living on your own at 16 is not a 'typical' childhood for my generation. (I am the same age as you.) Pretty normal for my grandmother's generation, though -- well, not living on her own but married and pumping out kids at the age of 14 was normal.

I want to {{hug}} little girl Coco.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2011 04:05AM by RocketShip.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 11, 2011 04:12AM

That is very sweet of you but utterly unnecessary. I had a pretty great childhood, amazing teenage years, OMG the best best best time ever, and good early 20's. I dated an arse after that for many years so not so wonderful but really great learning experience.

That story you posted is horrific, really really awful. However, if those girls were told how NOT normal that was and given recourse to resist it they just might.
[www.youtube.com]
As terrible as that is I just can't equate that to sex ed in our culture. My kids are no less innocent for knowing that genitals are used for procreation. Any kid who has ever been around domestic animals knows how their babies are conceived (has probably seen it first hand) and how they are born (also may have seen it first hand), that doesn't take away their innocence either. It's not a fair comparison, it's not the same.

Date: March 11, 2011 04:33AM

[www.sharenator.com]
See what happens when kids are sexualized too early with very little information?
Ok, it's sort of funny but in a sad way. I would cry if my son drew this. Objectification of women, doing something "gross" because it's cool. Poor kid.

Date: March 11, 2011 04:53AM

coco Wrote:
> My kids are no less
> innocent for knowing that genitals are used for
> procreation.

I suppose it depends on one's definition of 'innocent'. Is a child less innocent because they are taught that a penis goes inside a vagina and they want to try it next time they play doctor? When the idea would never have occurred to them on their own. *shrug* IMO, that would change the definition of innocent.

Date: March 11, 2011 05:39AM

coco Wrote:
> > That story you posted is horrific, really really
> awful. However, if those girls were told how NOT
> normal that was and given recourse to resist it
> they just might.
>

I think you may have misunderstood the reason I told the story. It isn't a matter of them thinking it is normal as in thinking it is okay, it is a matter of them experiencing it as normal as in a part of life. By no means do the young girls willingly let themselves be raped by their older male counterparts.

Most cultures do not protect their children from the reality of procreation or sex. In a vast portion of the world's population (third-world countries) children are sexualized at a very young age. Young girls are raped/molested as part of the culture. Even young boys.

The arguement that protecting children from sexually explicit materials in school in advanced countries is somehow going to harm their development is just a silly, silly arguement. The majority of the world does not do it and as we know... it is a crazy, crazy world.

Date: March 11, 2011 12:45PM

Kids in those cultures are not taught about it in the context of good touching and bad touching and what is ok and what is not though, our kids Are, well hopefully they are. This info is provided to them not as a how-to manual (my kids have ZERO interest in trying it out even though they know how it works, believe me they think kissing is grody), the intention is to give them tools to distinguish between appropriate sexuality and inappropriate. This does work to protect them from adults and even other kids who would want to venture into that territory. Those kids that are raped at a young age can't resist because there isn't a social structure in place to support them, because their parents weren't educated about what is ok and what isn't either. The way to stop what's happening there is education, plain and simple. How things work, why, good and bad touching, saying NO and protection. No mother wants that to happen to her little ones but if it happened to them and happens to everyone else and no one helps them stop it nothing will change.

Listen, maybe my kids have lost some of their innocence when I've told them about the need to be careful near road ways because a car could come along and hit them but that's neccessary, I don't want them to be innocent of that no more than I want them to be ignorant of the fact that they can't completely trust each and every adult or even every police officer, doctor, teacher, priest... A loss of some innocence in that regard is neccessary. Little man walks the 3 short blocks to school and back on his own now, he knows about stranger danger. Wouldn't it be lovely to "protect" him from that information? That just isn't reasonable though, keeping him "innocent" puts him in danger.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 11, 2011 03:51PM

Coco, I am older than you, girlfriend! If you are nearing 40, you can still get pregnant, LOL and lemme tell you something: that's when you get a second puberty!winking smiley I totally remember the horniness of adolescence, but by the time I was in my mid-to-late 30s, I felt like I had lost a lot of that desire but from what I read, it comes back because it's your last gasp at procreation. So be prepared!

Date: March 11, 2011 04:23PM

I'm WAY too tired, I'm pretty sure I don't the energy for a second puberty!
I'm getting my tubes tied anyhow, 2 kids is enough for me. Seriously, more than enough at times!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables