Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Earthquake in japan...
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: March 11, 2011 02:04PM

So much destruction! sad smiley
Ive been so worried for everyone there, I have friends in some of the more severely effected areas I have not heard back from yet either... 1 who lives near the nuclear reactor thats failed to shut down...hopefully he has evacuated already... and in northern california, multiple friends on the coast where its confirmed a wave is gonna hit in about roughly an hour and a half, and ive only been able to get ahold of one of them and warn them (been calling my friends who live right on the beach in areas where even a small tsunami would be dangerous to them...) sad smiley I heard NZ might be getting hit by a wave as well, to the 2 people im aware of in here who are from NZ, I hope you both are ok...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Earthquake in japan...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 11, 2011 03:23PM

Vancouver Island and BC along the coast, Hawaii, friends in LA and SF... I am praying for them all.

Date: March 11, 2011 03:33PM

dang, I will be praying for all of your friends too, everyone effected by this...*huggles*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 11, 2011 03:44PM

So I just went to CNN.com and so far, so good about CA. Man, did you guys see the footage of the tsunami in that Japanese city?! My jaw literally dropped. It's weird because from the aerial view the water just looks like it's seeping from the ocean, as in minor flooding where you can wade in it but it's probably a big wall of water when viewed from the ground...

Date: March 11, 2011 04:28PM

Scary to watch.

The news for the coast, NZ, Hawaii, it's all good. Big waves and strong currents, no catastrophic events. No need to worry about anyone on this side of the planet folks, we're in luck this time.

Praying for those in Japan.

Date: March 11, 2011 05:08PM

Pretty compelling video from Youtube:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: March 11, 2011 05:11PM

my hometown of Crescent city is getting it bad, compared to the rest of california, the harbor is getting torn apart, nothing compared to japan though... the biggest wave hasnt even hit in CC yet though, some of my friends I got ahold of are out on their boats! 4 miles out, watching it destroy everything in the harbor...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 11, 2011 05:17PM

Are they crazy? And are you saying that there will be bigger waves ahead? How warm is it where you are?

Date: March 11, 2011 05:22PM

The first wave can be small compared to what follows. Curator, your friends have a death wish. If not for themselves then for their parents back on land worrying themselves into heart attacks. That is some serious foolishness.

While the coast is not going to be hit all that hard people are being warned away from and off the actually water.

Date: March 11, 2011 05:27PM

uhm coco that is incorrect, the safest place other than the mountains, is 3+ miles out to see, these are seasoned fishing families... they know what they are doing, they cant even feel the wave going under them that far out, their parents and them are out on the boats, as their grandparents where in the 64 wave...which was far far far worse... all boats in harbors go far out to sea when a tsunami is on the way, if they have enough warning.

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 11, 2011 05:46PM

Curator, then how come a boat in Japan is missing w/100 passengers? If the waves are so high, how can it possibly be safe to be out at sea, even three miles away!

Date: March 11, 2011 06:19PM

cause they where near shore, and where out there during an earthquake... im sorry, but you two are completely wrong on this... its been done forever, and there has never been a boat lost in my town thats gone out to sea be4 the tsunami, its only the boats left behind that get trashed or sent adrift... we had a 10 footer few years or so back, bigger than the biggest estimates to come in now, all the boats out at sea, never even felt it, the ones left in the harbor cause the owners where out of town, all trashed... results speak for themselves...

Also, considering the coast guard was telling everyone to take their boats at least 3 miles out to sea over their radios, I think they are behind the method too...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 11, 2011 06:24PM

You kind of set us up for that Curator. If you already knew this why wouldn't you just post it when you said they were out on the water instead of letting us be worried because, hello, they are out on the water!

Anyhow, glad they are some place safe.

Date: March 11, 2011 06:34PM

I didnt know that you didnt know that was normal! I grew up with that being normal! sorry! I had no idea you werent aware of that being a good thing! thats why I specified how far out they told me they where... its just one of those things, if you grow up with everybody knowing it, you dont always realize others might not... sorry for worrying yousad smiley

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 11, 2011 06:48PM

Seriously, I'm in the middle of the continent here. I had no idea! I'm glad they are safe.
My sister checked in from LA. Not that I was too worried, she is far from the action. Glad to hear from her though, anyone that far away your thoughts go straight to, you know?

Date: March 11, 2011 07:04PM

yeah, definitely, I heard back from one more friend in japan, his place is gone...everything he owns... but at least he is alive, ya know?

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 11, 2011 07:07PM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Seriously, I'm in the middle of the continent
> here. I had no idea! I'm glad they are safe.
> My sister checked in from LA. Not that I was too
> worried, she is far from the action. Glad to hear
> from her though, anyone that far away your
> thoughts go straight to, you know?

Watch out, Coco!

[www.weatheroffice.gc.ca]

Date: March 11, 2011 07:17PM

Weird! Even the coast is not under watch anymore. That is a funky map.

Date: March 11, 2011 07:21PM

LOL- I know...Is it a joke? I don't think so but why so far from the coast, as well as north?

Date: March 11, 2011 07:26PM

OK... so the biggest wave so far was 8.1 feet. not sure the speed but it knocked out the crescent city harbor, all but 1 dock, 35 boats are gone. the harbor is considered a disaster. 101 has water on the road the cultural center was hit by water. 4 fire truck were hit by water but i think they are ok...

facebook message sent by friend, she also said there are multiple people just that she knows currently missing...last seen deciding to take a walk on the beach...:'(

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 11, 2011 07:37PM

Really?!sad smiley Wow! I wonder why there are no live reports on CNN or anything?
I'm gonna look for local Northern CA news stations...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2011 07:37PM by banana who.

Date: March 11, 2011 07:39PM

check the triplicate, they often have updates on this stuff, im about to check there myself to see what they are saying

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 11, 2011 07:44PM

Nevermind, the triplicate site is down... heres an article with apic, and another pic by itself of a couple trashed boats in the harbor, that a friend posted, I was kind of hoping for a more wide view of the whole harbor:/...

[robotceleb.com]

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 11, 2011 07:56PM

oh God... 4 people got washed out of the harbor, one of them was my friends dad she thinks, he got down there to late trying to get his boat, and she hasnt been able to find him, so she thinks he is one of the 4 that got taken by the waves cause his boat is still in the harbor... but its not entirely sure yet if he was one of the 4 seen in the harbor shortly be4 the waves started hitting...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 11, 2011 08:02PM

~~~prayers~~~
Candles and incense burning.
(((hugs)))

Date: March 11, 2011 08:04PM

*hugs* my dad hasnt been answering his phone still...I hope he is just still out of town, having been evacuated... but he is foolish enough to have been one of the ones that went down to the beach, but I cant even check the triplicate cause its down cause the Goddamn media made a big deal telling everybody about crescent city and everybody has been flooding the website, and now us people with family in the area cant even tell whats going on cause they crashed it... I cant get ahold of most of the people I know there... its so frustrating not knowing for sure whats going on...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 11, 2011 08:08PM

he actually was going to go down to the beach the last time this happened, and I stopped him...I wasnt there to stop him this time...I hope he learned from that and the people that died that time...I hope he has gained some wisdom since then...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 11, 2011 08:13PM

a friend is saying there is over 100 boats down between crescent city and our close oregon neighbor, brookings...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 11, 2011 08:17PM

its back up! there doesnt seem to be alot of details but its sometime more!!!

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 11, 2011 08:26PM

[www.triplicate.com]
heres the latest on my home town, still no word from my dad and nobody ive been able to get into contact with has seen or heard from him. if he went down to the beach, and the waves didnt get him, I will... >sad smiley

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables