Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Wish me luck
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: March 19, 2011 09:49PM

I just purchased a super lotto ticket this evening. I did it after making a joke about a Robin that looked directly at me. I thought I would start a new superstition that if and when a Robin stops and looks you straight in the eyes it means you will have good luck at something. Well, I guess its not so easy to make up superstitions! Does it sound plausible to you?

Well, I have my ticket, and it seems like a historic draw. I envisioned what my life would be like with that money. It would be radically different. Its supposed to help you think creatively...what would you do with a million dollars. But my response was closer to the movie where Ralph envisioned doing nothing. Well, not exactly nothing. But I envisioned a lot of sleeping, eating, and in general indulgence. Something I feel like I haven't had enough of in life. It could be a curse I suppose. I would probably get as large as a house.

Well, after I have had my fill of sleeping and eating, I think I would start taking classes of interest in a college, or no other purpose than my interest. I might also spend a lot of time reading about philosophy, art, and going around the world to investigate things of interest. Wish me luck!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wish me luck
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 19, 2011 10:13PM

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU! That would be a marvelous occurrence. The start of something grand...

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: March 19, 2011 10:29PM

Good luck. I hope it comes true as we have a ton of Robins around here!

Date: March 19, 2011 10:35PM

I saw our first of the season today too, a big FAT one, so happy-making.

Posted by: klandestine ()
Date: March 19, 2011 11:09PM

Best of luck Mislu!

No robins here - just a heavy snowfall warning - its spring tomorrow, yes?

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: March 19, 2011 11:31PM

Good luck, Mislu! Remember us when you hit it big. smiling smiley

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: March 20, 2011 11:15AM

good lucksmiling smileyid buy my dream property and invest the rest in starting a business ive been thinking about for a long time...

Date: March 20, 2011 02:20PM

Curator,
What type of business. You can pm me if you feel more comfortable with that. If not thats ok. I am just curious.

Date: March 20, 2011 02:21PM

Thats so cute with the robin thing. I discovered that its SO difficult to start a superstition, or to make one up. But it did sound good. The little robin looked so cute. It was skinny however. I much prefer a nice fat robin. It was also a bit on the orange side. Maybe it wasn't robin?

Date: March 20, 2011 04:33PM

Hmm, wonder. Robins are all so fat in my experience. Unless they are very young, maybe it was a babe.

I don't hold with any superstitions at all but if something strikes me as lucky or unlucky in the moment I go with my instincts. That way I am not owned by the idea, if you know what I mean. Like not every crack in the sidewalk has special meaning, only the ones that present themselves to me in a moment as being meaningful. I know there are people who believe that they have to buy a lotto ticket for each draw or they are ruining their luck but I buy them only when I am struck with the thought (very rarely). It's just a sort of fun thing to do.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 20, 2011 05:18PM

Yesterday i went into my local store and bought 2 scratch cards(i never buy scratch cards) and won £25, went home and had the eurika thought with the euromillions(90 million prize on last night) that id go and put 12 tickets on.

I lostsad smiley lol, good luck.

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Date: March 20, 2011 05:21PM

Hi Coco,
thats true,there are times when I feel lucky. I did some special mediations to increase luck, especially things like lotto. Surprisingly I actually did get some winning tickets after that. They were $3 and a $5 winning ticket. I was impressed. A certain new age webpage confirmed that what I did would have an influence on winning, but that the problem was that it wasn't the best use of energies, and rather a drain overall. And to get a big win that way would require almost constant meditation/spell work for years possibly to get the big jack pot.

The whole thing about it is that is just soooo untestable! Was it just a chance win? Did the spell actually work?

I have set a certain dollar amount for jackpots before i play. Not that increases or decreases chance but to limit the amount of times I play.

Date: March 21, 2011 12:21PM

Mislu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Curator,
> What type of business. You can pm me if you feel
> more comfortable with that. If not thats ok. I am
> just curious.

its cool, I just didnt want to clog up your thread, but since ya asked, I can post about it in here, in fact, id be perfectly happy if everyone stole my idea and ran with it, hahahaha...

If I won a super lotto kind of thing, I would use that money to start manufacturing various products that are used every day in american life (mostly simple stuff) at vastly higher quality than anyone else in the industry does, and sell them for minimal profit, enough to keep the business going, but cheap enough for them to be affordable for most... Imagine, something that you use every day, or most days, and it doesnt break in a few months, AND its cheap?! crazy huh?! lol... oh, and everything would be made in the U.S.

I think given time, and enough financial backing and good choices on what products to offer, I think it could really do well, more than well enough to take care of me, and who know3s, maybe eventually all this disposable crap(that doesnt even NEED to be disposable) will stop being made, and we can work on providing good quality products for the world...

Date: March 21, 2011 08:46PM

Curator,
yes, that would be a great idea. When I worked at a vaccum repair shop, I repaired some vacuums that were 30-50 years old! My favorite was this model from the early 70's it was just sooo simple to repair, yet it really didn't need repair that often. It also really, really worked well. The other cool thing was that it floated on the air going out, so it didn't have wheels.

I often wondered why they ever stopped making that model it had so many advantages. Maybe its exactly because it was so durable, dependable and effective is probably why. At the very least the easy repair part should have been retained. Newer models were so much more of a pain to open up and replace parts. Also more tiny little parts which break easy are in newer models. Annoying. Well, I think they were counting on people buying a new vacuum every 6 mos to a year or something.

Well, there probably is a chart you can make between decreasing cost, a sense of value, and durability. If people spend a lot on a product, chances are they will take care of it better than if they didn't spend so much. I for one don't want to spend more on something just for that principle, however. Only if I can see a clear advantage in materials and value etc... I will and do that if I see something that looks better. For instance I spent I think 7 or 8 dollars for a can opener because it had a nice easy grip handle and sturdier looking parts. I let the $3 version remain on the shelf because it was more difficult to use, and looked like it would bust in no time. i think this is the type of thing you are talking about?

What I really like are products which are essential and do multiple tasks, especially in the kitchen, and don't take up a lot of space. I often see very specific products which are most of the time good for only one thing, and they take up a lot of space. Like a salad spinner. Actually I have been thinking of getting one of those but have been hesitating because it pretty much just spins lettuce, nothing else, and its quite large.

So its a good thing your idea. I would love to see inovation and creativity come back to the U.S. There may be a number of problems to overcome, the regulations that other places may not have, higher labor costs come to mind immediately. I also don't know how many people here would be willing to work in production anymore also. Chances are one would need a highly mechanized production, mostly robotic. Most of the labor would go into developement. The product would have to be perceived as being very high quality, and might be a problem for getting into the lower end market of things.

You can clogg this thread all you want, that is what its here for!

Date: March 22, 2011 12:44PM

yeah, kind of like with your can opener thing, but imagine, if for $10 you could get a can opener that would probably last you the rest of your life? or even $15, thats still less than the high end models out there, and the material cost is a fraction of that, I had an ice shaver once, the body made out of plastic, it broke in a lil over a year, found another at a garage sale, it broke in about a year (better than last one if ya think about it, since it was used...) and these are pampered chef ones! fairly high end... I took the blade assembly from that, and me and my friend welded together a metal version using extruded sheet metal, and some steel bars... cost us under $10 to make...and I could throw it across the room every day be4 using it, and that thing would still last me forever... if being manufactured it would cost pennies on the dollar to make...

the thing is, there are tons of old patents for things like that vacuum you spoke of just laying around, they usually arent patented anymore, imagine reproducing that same vacuum, maybe a few more modern materials to make it even stronger, sell it for $500, STILL less than many high end vacuums, and it will last forever! of course if it turns out to be really cheap to produce, id sell it for even less, id want to balance things where I made enough profit to keep producing new items, but keep the profit margin low enough to give people the best bang for their buck! almost a corporate robin hood...lol

unfortunately because of the massive cost of setting something like this up, the inability to get venture capitalists to kick in cause the whole business model involves NOT getting a huge return on investment, would be dismal, so a plan like this more or less relies on winning a giant jackpot or something,LOL.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 23, 2011 01:00PM

I wish you luck on the lottery, Mislu! And if it's too late, I wish you luck in everything else, anyhow! smiling smiley

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: March 23, 2011 04:11PM

luck to you from me ! smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 23, 2011 05:50PM

I wish you well, but I am not sure about "luck." It sounds too random and I am not convinced that the Universe is that way at all...But I do believe in gracesmiling smiley, I also believe that we can be creative on the level of manifestionsmiling smiley So all in all, it's ALL goodsmiling smiley

P.S. Kind thought for me, as well! I just bought a couple of tickets myselfwinking smiley My boyfriend had a dream last night about me winning the lottery and wanted me to play a certain number. I have also been thinking about this particular time to play because I normally never do...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2011 05:51PM by banana who.

Date: March 23, 2011 07:18PM

I bought one too! Seeing that little ticket in my wallet always makes me smile at the possibilities. Good luck all around!

Date: March 23, 2011 09:23PM

Tamukha,
Thank you for the good thoughts. And maybe especially in everything else.
Jgunn,
Thank you
Coco,
Thank you
banana who
Thank you also, Luck has come to mean something random. but I think the original word means something like 'karma'. So, in effect it could be a return on something from something in previous lives.

Well, I should actually wish you all the best in everything, luck, karma, skill etc.... Well, i guess its not to be this time. Not a single number matched. What did I expect? Obviously rigged against me. The house wins as always. Someone out there will win, but the house is ahead!

Date: March 25, 2011 01:23PM

well I have a second chance, not that it means much. but my partner surprised me with a set of numbers on a lotto ticket. it could happen this time. I can always dream. i was so surprised

Date: March 26, 2011 07:10AM

^_^ would be coolsmiling smiley

Date: March 26, 2011 01:48PM

Curator,
No, it didn't happen this time either. What did I expect. I know the odds are always extremely stacked against me, but I always have this hope, this time...this time. But I am thinking now I don't need it really...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables