Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Making your own mineral makeup.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 13, 2011 08:32PM

I rarely wear makeup but it's always nice to have a "natural" alternative and I love DIY projects.
If you read it, read it all. There's info on both pages about research done on the ingredients.

[www.craftster.org]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Making your own mineral makeup.
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 13, 2011 11:24PM

This was fascinating. I lack to the industriousness to do it just now, but I shall bookmark this for later. Thanks!

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: October 14, 2011 12:07PM

Why not show your Natural beauty, and not wear any makeup??
There's nothing more beautiful to me. However, I do realize makeup can be a Security Blanket for many women......WY

Date: October 14, 2011 12:38PM

When you have an event to go to that requires fancy clothes and shoes it goes along with the "look" to fix up your hair and wear a little makeup. I refuse to put weird paint on my nails but a bit of natural mascara and some colour on the face are fine. Dress up is fun and I like it, lots of girls do, I just don't have time for it very often.

Date: October 14, 2011 01:05PM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> .......Dress up is fun and I like it,
> lots of girls do, I just don't have time for it
> very often.
I know exactly what you mean. When I dress up, I like
to oil (coconut oil) my face and hair. It adds to the glow......WY

Date: October 14, 2011 01:50PM

I have sparkles for that, lol!
Sometimes I let the kids paint me with their water colours. Not on the face though!

Date: October 14, 2011 08:57PM

coconuts, you really need to have a blog. For the photos you take if for no other reason!

Date: October 14, 2011 09:44PM

Well, thanks... I don't really understand blogs though Tam, to me it seems like showing the entire planet what you've written in your journal, lol. Here I just feel like I'm talking to friends, you know? Ok, and pestering y'all for answers to my tough health related questions too grinning smiley.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2011 09:45PM by coco.

Date: October 15, 2011 01:42AM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sometimes I let the kids paint me with their water
> colours.
That's a nice shade of Green Grass to serve as a background
for your Body Art.
Both of your girls Paint?......WY

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: October 15, 2011 03:00AM

So, there isn't an actual home-spun formula that someone has already worked out? They're just suggesting that you look at the back of your favorite makeup and try to hunt down the listed ingredients and guess at the quantities and whatever unlisted ingredients might be included?

Date: October 15, 2011 03:14AM

I thought that was a pretty detailed break down but maybe I'm just used to making stuff myself?

WY boy is 10 girl is 4 both are artsy fartsy like mama smiling smiley.

Date: October 15, 2011 03:19AM

The post went into great detail about pricing and suppliers, but I didn't see a recipe. Did I miss it? I don't have a favorite make-up to copy, and I can't imagine that everything listed is needed to get a nice blend.

Date: October 15, 2011 03:47AM

I'd just play around but if you look up her other topics she's got some recipes.

Here's one
[www.craftster.org]

and another
[www.craftster.org]

Date: October 15, 2011 03:52AM

Thank you!

Date: October 15, 2011 02:05PM

veghunter,

I am thinking, initially, you'll look like Elizabeth the First, with spectrally glowing ash white skin and red rimmed eyes and dark stained lips. But eventually, you'll figure out the right proportions to not look like you're spackled with lead-based paint, and you'll walk the streets with confidence!

A note about the talc in the ingredients: We all know that regular talc is toxic, so unless you wish to poison yourself like Queen Liz, I advise searching for a natural products one. When I get into gear about making this makeup, I'd use Burt's Bees baby powder, because it already has several of the ingredients the blogger recommends: cornstarch, baking soda, kaolin, bentonite. It also a slightly peachy color because of some of the herbs in it. A warmer undertone in powder makeup really helps keep the complexion looking lead-free smiling smiley

Date: October 15, 2011 07:53PM

Yes, looking at the list of the ingredients, I thought that this was probably best for those with porcelain skin. I'm rather tan, and figured it would take some time to get the color right. But, I have trouble getting the color right with commercial make up, too.

I liked the suggestion of adding some coconut oil to make a cream foundation. I used to love the pancake style creams, but they've gone out of fashion.

The recipe links that Coco provided are a big help getting started.

Date: October 15, 2011 08:03PM

She talks about adding tint in the second link (where she makes a bronzer). How do they make the commercial versions look like not-mime-face I wonder? I have 2 types, one loose and one pressed, both are perfect light coverage in a natural looking shade.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables