Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

news
Posted by: cy ()
Date: January 10, 2012 10:38PM

The Department of Environmental Conservation has written their draft environmental impact report. If approved, it would open the door to allow the frackers to start drilling. Once the drills start – and once those chemicals get into our ground water – that’s it.

The deadline to submit public comments on the DEC’s study is tomorrow. They have to read each and every comment – and they’ve already received more than 21,000.

There's just one day left to make our voices heard at the DEC. It's easy, and we'll walk you through the process.

This is our best chance to stop hydrofracking from coming to New York State. Please take three minutes to send your comment to the DEC.

The DEC's environmental impact study is full of holes, omissions, contradictions and loopholes. Here are a few:
It prohibits drilling within 500 feet of a primary groundwater sources, but also reassures the gas industry that they would still be allowed to drill under such aquifers.
It admits that it is state policy to prevent water pollution, but still allows a process that the EPA has found can contaminate groundwater in other parts of the country.
The study fails to acknowledge that fracking chemicals can cause health problems -- but it also concedes that the Department of Health "would incur costs from investigating possible public health issues."
Momentum is on our side. Just this week, a group of prominent scientists called for a national fracking moratorium until the health effects have been fully studied. [1] And last month, celebrity chef Mario Batali joined bakers, farmers and vintners from across the state in opposition to fracking, because polluted water would make our food inedible.[2]

The underground natural gas isn’t going anywhere. So why the rush? The giant oil and gas corporations aren’t interested in what’s safe, they’re interested in what makes money.

This is our best chance to stop hydrofracking before it’s too late. But we need your help right now.

Tell the DEC: Public health is more important than profits for the giant energy corporations.
Submit your comments to the DEC today. Help keep fracking out of New York.

[action.workingfamiliesparty.org]

The DEC's public comment period ends tomorrow. Please take three minutes today to submit your comments. We'll walk you through the process and provide sample comments and talking points for you.

Even if you’ve never submitted official public comment before, this is the time to do it.

Thanks for your support,

-Dan Cantor, WFP

Sources:
1. [www.businessweek.com]
2. [www.thirteen.org]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: news
Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: January 11, 2012 10:41AM

I don't know much about it, and that was such a terrible video for those people. Did the company offer to relocate them? But, does it matter if the land is poisoned already by other pollutants? I mean, is there a like "contained" area where the gas stays within?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 11, 2012 04:48PM

Soon, all our aquifers will be poisoned sad smiley

Posted by: cy ()
Date: January 12, 2012 02:26AM

After they destroy the place they go away and all the people stays on a terrible situation with gas water and awful land to live on.
It is a destruction and I've heard that they sell the gas to a foreign country.
You said the right thing Tamukha,poison. All the US and many other counties in the world will be poisoned with this crime.

Posted by: vermontnl ()
Date: January 12, 2012 02:52PM

I heard that the practice is being terminated for now because some earthquakes were caused from fracing. I am not sure where this happened and I do not have the time to research it right now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables