Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Barefoot
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: May 27, 2012 11:20AM

How many of you go barefoot?

Typical of a British summer it has gone from freezing cold to boiling hot in the space of a week.(fingers crossed that we get more than a week of sun this summer!!!) Anyway I go barefoot - everywhere - as soon as it is warm enough to do so - but hardly anybody else does at least here where I live.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Barefoot
Posted by: brome ()
Date: May 27, 2012 03:43PM

Check out this thread:

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 27, 2012 08:20PM

Almost never. Not out and about, as it's against sanitation rules generally. As for my own property, what with deer and other wild animals tromping through my yard, not to mention the church caretaker's dog from next door[I have whined about this before, I know winking smiley], I don't know what I'd be stepping in sad smiley If I had a fenced-in yard, I'd be barefootin' it all day once the weather got springy! I am thinking of getting a pair of Vivo Barefoots or Vibram Five Fingers just for running errands . . .

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 27, 2012 09:24PM

I'd like a pair of those shoes too but really, how much of a doofus would you feel like walking down the street in them? LOL, I'd go for bright orange just because they're never going to be less than obvious, ha.

Date: May 28, 2012 02:49PM

coco,

I should think one would feel like a doofus wearing them walking down the street only if one were wearing them incorrectly, like on one's head grinning smiley

Date: May 28, 2012 03:24PM

I saw a fellow in BC with a bright orange pair, certain got my attention!
I put my little dude's flipflops on this morning to walk him to school and they started giving me a blister so I took them off. Kinda gritty though, sidewalks and roads. The grass was nice. Had to keep an eye out for p00p though, dang dogs!

Here are the orange ones, I love them. Men's though.
[www.vibramfivefingers.com]

And these are pretty fantastic too!
[www.vibramfivefingers.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2012 03:33PM by coco.

Date: May 28, 2012 11:20PM

coco,

They are just so awesome! I must get a pair before summer, I simply must!

flipperjan, how are your barefoot shoes holding up?

Date: May 29, 2012 12:43AM

"Before" summer? Whew, 102 today girl. Hurry up!

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: May 29, 2012 02:54PM

No barefoot here.
I need something under my feet,as soon as I get out of bed in the morning.
Got a heel spur and I need cushioning.
The only time I like bare feet is at the beach.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: May 29, 2012 03:11PM

I think this is a repeat from one of my older posts, but another option to running barefoot or vibram five fingers is the huaraches or barefoot running sandals similar to the ones used by the Tarahumara Tribe. [www.invisibleshoe.com] The Tarahumara are noted for their endurance running and eat least before they became Westernized, their health paramaters were awesome. [www.ajcn.org] Interesting, they run/ran in a minimalist sandal for most of what they achieved. Moreover, they were inspirational to Christopher Mc Dougall, author of Born to Run, and a barefoot runner. [www.mindbodygreen.com]

Posted by: brome ()
Date: May 29, 2012 03:25PM

"as soon as it is warm enough to do so "

I went barefoot all winter up in NW California once. For first several weeks my feet were uncomfortably cold, even painful. One morning, running up the beach in the surf, it changed all at once from painful to pleasantly cool and refreshing. And after that my feet were much more comfortable barefoot in even freezing conditions than they had been with shoes on. I walked barefoot 1/2 mile across frosty ground one night with no discomfort. And a friend walked miles barefoot thru snow with no discomfort.

A climbing expedition in the Himalaya had purchased sneakers for all their barefoot porters, who gratefully accepted them and placed them on top of their loads to save them for special occasions.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables