Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Insidious drones - unattached killing machines
Posted by: veganjuice ()
Date: July 30, 2012 10:16AM

[tinyurl.com]

I find this quote particularly disturbing -

“I feel no emotional attachment to the enemy,” he said. “I have a duty, and I execute the duty.”

...Now he steps out of a dark room of video screens, his adrenaline still surging after squeezing the trigger, and commutes home past fast-food restaurants and convenience stores to help with homework — but always alone with what he has done.

“It’s a strange feeling,” he said. “No one in my immediate environment is aware of anything that occurred.” ....

KILL - KILL - KILL

It will never end. Industrialized war machine making millions through death & destruction.

No wonder that violent video games are top sellers - prep for the real thing.

A sad commentary on "this American life..."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Insidious drones - unattached killing machines
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: July 30, 2012 05:01PM

Here we go again.
Gloom and doom.
Doesnt raw eating want to make anyone focus on GOOD stuff for Christ sake????

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: July 30, 2012 05:34PM

That's because good stuff is boring and it's not controversial. Someone posts some good news - then everyone says, "Wow" "That's great", "Good", "How wonderful", "Yeah", etc., and it's done.

Tying in with my comment on the other thread about abortion - it also amazes me how hypocritical 'the other side' is in that they think killing babies in the womb is an atrocity, but think it's fine to kill innocent citizens of other countries.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: July 30, 2012 06:58PM

eaglefly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here we go again.
> Gloom and doom.
> Doesnt raw eating want to make anyone focus on
> GOOD stuff for Christ sake????

Why click on the story? The title indicated the topic. And if you have some way of turning it into something positive, then go ahead. But it's not mandatory that you click on every thread and I would appreciate being able to read them without having someone agitating about it all the time.

Posted by: veganjuice ()
Date: July 30, 2012 07:41PM

eaglefly,

Believe it or not, I feel much the same way you do. (I've read some of your other posts). I usually ignore most news and don't read any newspapers, but I kinow it's not healthy to stick my head in the sand all the time.

At some point, people need to wake up and shake this country up & try to fix things.

I should have linked to this article -

[www.usatoday.com]

"The prospect that thousands of drones could be patrolling U.S. skies by the end of this decade is raising the specter of a Big Brother government that peers into backyards and bedrooms."

Now THAT'S something to be concerned about. We're already halfway there - have you ever used google eath/google maps?

Also, there are cams all over the net in public places where people can be watched on streets, at cafe's, at the beach, etc.

BTW, I need to correct the part about not reading all newspapers. We have a local publication that is written for the farming community & it features all kinds of neat stories about the happenin's down at the general store, events going on around town, etc.

No talk of world politics or doom & gloom to be found in that paper. It is refreshing. smiling smiley

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 30, 2012 07:44PM

Our country runs on war; we depend on it. So, the more sanitized it is made to be the less abhorrent it becomes, and consequently the easier it is to prosecute. It's kind of like food production, come to think: the further removed people are from how crops and animals becomes food, the less moral an issue food production is, and consequently the less attention it gets.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: July 31, 2012 12:23AM

I think I will just sit,fingers in an O, and humm......Ohmmmmmm......
All is well.
All I know is that on my quiet street there is an abundance of peace.
I never watch the news,because its all fear based.
Stuff to get the adrenalin going.
Spectacle.
Anyway,I will leave these kinds of threads alone.

Vinny

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: July 31, 2012 11:38PM

“If war becomes unreal to the citizens of modern democracies, will they care enough to restrain and control the violence exercised in their name? Will they do so, if they and their sons and daughters are spared the hazards of combat?”

“do not think yourself better because you burn up friends and enemies with long-range missiles without ever seeing what you have done.”

the institution of war as we know it is obsolete, What we have today is collective suicide -from vets for peace.

Someday Lapaz if you want it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2012 11:42PM by riverhousebill.

Posted by: back2eden ()
Date: August 01, 2012 03:49AM

eaglefly wimpers
Here we go again.
Gloom and doom.
Doesnt raw eating make everyone want to stop facing stark reality????

Like I said to you in another post - if you can't face reality then leave us alone who can. Just make those drones fall out of the air by not thinking about them.

Bannana proclaims
Why click on the story? The title indicated the topic. And if you have some way of turning it into something positive, then go ahead. But it's not mandatory that you click on every thread and I would appreciate being able to read them without having someone agitating about it all the time.
I agree.

Eaglefly wimpers again

I never watch the news,because its all fear based.

Fear is always a choice. I have no fear of anything and one can make me fear anything. Fear is never a reaction.

If your house was on fire would it be negative or fear to try to put it out? Would trying to put the fire out give energy to it and make it worse? Would you just imagine your house not being on fire?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2012 03:58AM by back2eden.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: August 01, 2012 04:01AM

The prospect that thousands of drones could be patrolling U.S. skies by the end of this decade is raising the specter of a Big Brother government that peers into backyards and bedrooms."

For two years in a row now the DEA has been flying drones in northern Ca.
on large grow operations. Of course we all know its a drug war and its been called on American People. Remember the first drones buzz bombs nazi Germenay?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables