Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: In Response to banana who's post on the Main Forum
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: August 28, 2013 03:13PM

Kid Raw, I thought you said people take things too seriously on here? Who cares. If you don't believe me, think I am full of @#$%&, then fine. Once again there are sides.

I will only admit to whining to Prana that I felt I was censored in the past and yet others are allowed free reign.

It seems that the sticking point here is that you believe that I then wanted your posts or other posts to disappear. Not true.

Even with that welfare thread gone, there are others that I would take offense to. So what? Whether they still exist or not isn't the issue. I want to find out why you feel the way you do.

One example is your thread about "Dirt bag or hero?" That was when I first started to wonder about your views. Your premise was that Charles Ramsey had been a wife beater and thus was a dirt bag. You also said that he probably didn't really save those girls and gave evidence to suggest that.

My question for you is why, of all the topics to choose, you wanted to bring up the fact that he had a criminal past. And when questioned about whether people can change, you seemed to suggest that they are permanently "dirt bags" because of what they have done prior.

Name-calling reduces human beings to mere caricatures and is dehumanzing. Using someone's past to indict them gives the impression that we cannot evolve, cannot transcend our mistakes.

There are no "sides." At least I don't view the world in that way. I hope that you can let this go and see where I am coming from.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: August 28, 2013 04:08PM

Well, I'd love to discuss the Dirtbag post. That's probably a good example of my stating my strong views

Already you can tell by the Subject: "Dirtbag or Hero?" with the question mark that I was asking for opinions and I thought it would be a good debate, and that some people would give him a pass that he beat his wife and was a liar and other stuff that I can't remember, but I was judging him by his past actions and didn't like the 'content of his character'. I guess you or some thought it didn't matter that he had beaten his wife and was lying that he was the one who rescued Amanda Berry. I just don't like people who lie and beat their wife and I said so - I don't know how I said it because I didn't go back and look it up - but I probably said he was a dirtbag and a wife-beater and a liar and so a tiger couldn't change his stripes or something like that. Yes, I felt like if a person will beat their wife, there's no hope for them, they have a character flaw, but the fact was that his lying that he was the person who rescued Amanda Berry and his whole story was lies, meant/means that he is still a Liar, and I don't like Liars. Sorry.

So what was your point?

Oh, you just said "That was when I first started to wonder about your views." Yes, I guess you got the impression that I was judging someone based on their past, but it would depend on what that past was. For example, if someone had stolen in the past, I would think they could change, involved in drugs - they can change, etc., but I think any man who would hit a woman - well, that crosses some kind of line with me, and if a man has that in him, he has a character flaw that can't be changed, that he was born with, in my opinion, and I don't like that. And like I said, he was Lying at the moment, and I just don't like Liars. I used the word "dirtbag" because I read it somewhere and it fit and sometimes one word is worth a thousand words.

So you're judging my character based on how I judge other's behaviors, OK. I don't mind - I like talking about myself. Any other examples? I'll tell you my opinion of other people's actions, just ask.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2013 04:16PM by KidRaw.

Date: August 28, 2013 04:23PM

It's not about judging you because you can change. It's just what you are saying in that moment. It's not really YOU.

I am not sure what this man did but I believe that if he was hyped as the hero then it was done by other people and he went along for the ride and no, I do not condemn him for doing that.

As for wife-beating, I am sure there are men who did it while drunk and after getting sober never did it again. Yes, I have an open heart for other people's redemption. If I want to be forgiven, then I cannot close my heart.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 28, 2013 04:38PM

I'm friends, close friends, with an ex who was violent with me. I know what happened and why, I know his family history, his substance abuse issues, the circumstances that led to those events. It's not a character flaw he was born with and couldn't transcend, that is such a removed view of an entire being. It was a deeply painful and transformative experience for him also and he has all my sympathy and empathy. Really, my own experience within myself is separate from his experience within himself, the two are connected but not the same thing.
What does it serve to peg him forever as a certain sort of being? I don't believe he can be simplified like that, he is as complex and many facetted a human being as anyone else. I would find it impossible to throw a whole person away because of one thing like that.
I have learned in my life that I can find myself doing things I would NEVER have thought I could or would ever do. Things I may have judged in others. It's taught me that I don't understand the inner workings or another's mind, their motivations or emotions behind their actions. I am not going to diminish an entire human being by trying to sum up who or what they are based on something they've said or done. I can distance myself, surely, but that's not the same thing.

As for lying, we all have our perception of the "truth". Yours may not align with another's but that doesn't mean one of you is more right than the other. If you say the grass is green and I call it blue it can be just as blue to my eyes as it's green to yours.
My G-d is not the same as yours but that doesn't mean either of us is wrong, we are only right for our own lives. I am not wrong and you are not wrong, I can accept that whether you can or not.

Date: August 28, 2013 04:49PM

I guess that's why liberals are always making excuses for the perpetrator in various court cases, and want to give them a free pass because of their abusive childhood, as if they're the victim, and so criminals do not need to take 'personal responsibility' and should not be punished for wrongdoing or held to any kind of standard.

It must feel wonderful to think of oneself as so non-judgmental.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2013 04:52PM by KidRaw.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 28, 2013 04:57PM

We are all victims, perpetrators, criminals, judge and jury. You can try to paint me with any brush you choose but that doesn't diminish me as a multi-facetted imperfect human being walking this earth just like the rest of us. This attempting to put an entire being into a small box with a concise label to satisfy an idea of who and what they are is such an unrealistic and limited view of something that is too vast to comprehend. We are, each of us, all things at all times and all one. Wanting to help a person who has done "wrong" is not making excuses, giving a free pass, or not holding them to any kind of standard. What it is is trying to fix a problem from the inside out, to understand HOW and WHY things happen and change them from a root level rather than slapping a bandaid on it and a blindfold on ourselves so we don't have to see the subsequent damage resulting from such short sighted ignorant oblivious behavior. There is a bigger picture here, let's all take off our blinders and take a good hard look around and figure out a solution that doesn't involve throwing human beings in the garbage but instead focuses on salvaging and uplifting what is worth saving and nuturing in each being.

See, I don't like to waste anything. I think it can all be made into something better with a little ingenuity and some elbow grease. Get your thinking caps on and work on solutions instead of throwing in the towel. Humanity is NOT a lost cause! For our children's sakes, a better world is worth the effort. Clean stuff up, no more sweeping it under the carpet!

Posted by: HH ()
Date: August 28, 2013 05:19PM

LOL. I can't believe the tattle-tale. Yeah, you're so forgiving!

Date: September 02, 2013 03:42AM

I wonder if the Syria thread got deleted because Bryan didn't like it or because coco or banana who complained to him about it.

Date: September 02, 2013 11:52AM

Oh, yeah - it was probably Kwan sad smiley

Or else whoever complained was jealous of my using the little fire guy

hot smiley

Date: September 02, 2013 05:15PM

KidRaw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder if the Syria thread got deleted because
> Bryan didn't like it or because coco or banana who
> complained to him about it.

I started the Syria thread so I highly doubt I complained about myself...eye rolling smiley

When are you gonna let it go, Cupcake?

Date: September 02, 2013 06:12PM

Yes, the damage has been done, but I will not be silenced into not even mentioning when a post has been deleted.

The spontaneity is gone from the board now and I have to be constantly monitoring myself and looking over my shoulder to see if one of the three stooges (as in stool pigeons) doesn't like the way a thread is going.

We are now reaping the consequences of the actions of the statists who would brook no criticism of those in power.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: September 02, 2013 07:20PM

Remember, political threads are not allowed here. I delete the ones I am aware of, and don't get to all of them. It's pointless to complain when a political thread is deleted, as they are not permitted in the first place.

Date: September 02, 2013 07:57PM

Prana Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Remember, political threads are not allowed here.
> I delete the ones I am aware of, and don't get to
> all of them. It's pointless to complain when a
> political thread is deleted, as they are not
> permitted in the first place.

True, but previously it was apparent that they were deleted because you didn't like them, but now it's a mystery because we have agents among us. Plus, I didn't complain - I expressed puzzlement as to the source of the deletion.

The fun is gone sad smiley

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables