Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Angels
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: December 27, 2013 01:16PM

I'm into Angels for a while now. My friend gave me a book and now I'm reading the third one by the author - Lorna Byrne. The first book is "Angels in My Hair". Lorna Byrne grew up in Dublin, Ireland in the 60's, 70's. She saw and communicated with angels since she was born and so she tells us her life story, her experiences, and explains what she knows and believes about angels operating in our lives. The books are mostly a narrative of her life thus far and anecdotes of her angel experiences. You might think the writing is mundane, but the description of the angels and information about them that can be gleaned and how this will raise our own awareness of them in our own lives makes them worth reading.

I've had some spiritual/metaphysical experiences in my life that I've chalked up to 'intuition', the super-conscious, etc., but now I'm open to believing that some of it is actually angels communicating with me, particularly my Guardian Angel.

Learning all about our Guardian Angel is the best and most encouraging part, I think, but also reading about our Soul and then other specific types of angels - like healing angels and teaching angels - has been wonderfully encouraging and uplifting for me personally. Also, her advice on how to communicate with our angels is wonderful. There are also Prayers which she said she got from her Angels.

Here's the first book -

[www.amazon.com]

I see she has a website and there are YouTube videos that I want to watch -

[www.youtube.com]

[www.lornabyrne.com]

[www.facebook.com]

I see she has a section on her website - "Angel Wisdom" - where you can learn more about them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Angels
Date: December 27, 2013 02:04PM

Just checking out Lorna Byrne on Google, I see she writes for HuffPost smiling smiley

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2013 02:05PM by KidRaw.

Date: January 01, 2014 03:23AM

Date: January 01, 2014 03:30AM

Posted by: vermontnl ()
Date: January 01, 2014 04:12PM

I have actually seen angels. Will elaborate tomorrow. Peace.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: January 01, 2014 04:50PM

KidRaw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [i658.photobucket.com]
> x/Keefers_AnimatedAngels_Nataly12.gif

Beautiful image!

Date: January 01, 2014 05:12PM

I see that George Noory will be having a guest tomorrow night regarding angels:

[www.coasttocoastam.com]

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: January 01, 2014 05:16PM

I remember the story told by Edgar Cayce that we was visited by an Angel when we was a kid and the Angel asked him what we wanted and he said - to help people.

One of my favorite quotes is by Edgar Cayce…

“Destiny or karma, depends upon what the soul has done about what it has become aware of.”

I often think about this when I wonder why everyone else is not as passionate as I am about what they have become aware of in relationship to Raw Food and Fasting!

Peace and Love..........John

Date: January 01, 2014 05:46PM

There's a male angel, too, but I like female angels.

Date: January 01, 2014 06:04PM

John, I'm passionate about the raw food diet, also. I'm always telling everybody when I go out shopping or socializing, whatever, and whenever there's eating going on. Especially if someone is sick or has a health issue, I tell them, "You should eat 100% Raw Food Diet and Juice." And when I say my prayers or count my blessings, it's - thank you that I'm a raw foodist, or thank you that I'm 100% raw, or thank you that I discovered the raw food diet.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: January 01, 2014 06:24PM

Whoops - wrong choice of words - I meant to say "so many people" and not "everyone" - I know that I'm not the only one who is passionate and once again, wrong choice of words. Thanks for catching that so I could correct it.

Peace and Love..........John

Date: January 01, 2014 06:48PM

I think all the biblical angels are male.

Date: January 01, 2014 07:24PM

The male angel looks like he's a stripper...LOL

Date: January 01, 2014 10:05PM

He probably works out at the gym up in heaven smiling smiley

Thanks for the heads up on Coast To Coast, banana who.

If you wake up early enough, you can listen to it here until 9:00 am ET.

[player.radioloyalty.com]

I'm kind of discriminating when it comes to angel information. I sort of only want to hear about real experiences with them rather than conjecture. That's why I like these books.

Date: January 03, 2014 12:45PM

I'm listening to it now. People are calling in telling about their miraculous experiences where angels intervened in an incident that would otherwise have been devastating.

Someone is talking about "The Tired Pilot Effect" where something else takes over when a pilot is too exhausted to keep flying the plane.

So in the book, Lorna Byrna says to ask your angels to help you with anything and everything; it doesn't matter how small.

We were driving back from NJ to VA after the holidays and the traffic was crawling and my daughter's GPS said it was going to be on average 9 mph for about 35 miles, so I asked my guardian angel to clear the road and a few minutes later, the traffic did empty out to where the road was almost totally empty the rest of the way home. We were amazed at the suddenness of it and how we had the road to ourselves all the way home.

Other incidents, I'm now attributing to the angels. When we were traveling, I couldn't find my camera, and looked through all my stuff a couple times and was really frustrated, so then I asked for help from - I forget if it was my guardian angel or maybe the angel of lost stuff - and a couple minutes later, it popped into my head to look in another pocketbook I have and there it was.

Date: January 03, 2014 01:41PM

A girl on the radio said that in college she saw an angel. She was sleeping on the couch at about 4:00 or 5:00 in the morning, she looked over and saw an angel about 10 feet tall who was bent over and wearing white flowing robes. It was dark but she could see it clearly. When it was bent over, its wings were crossed; when it stood up, she heard the sound of wind rushing through it's wings. About 4 or 5 hours later, her mother called - she was traveling to work at 5:30 in the morning and she was involved in a 25-car pileup. Her car was completely demolished and she said that somebody pulled her from the car and she was unable to find out who it was - the only thing wrong with her was that she had a sprained arm. The mother's car was completely smashed and it was miraculous that she was OK.

Posted by: HH ()
Date: January 03, 2014 04:18PM

When I was a kid one of my brothers died. My mom said that right after he died she saw him rise out of his body. The medical staff called it the most beautiful death that they had ever seen. One of the nurses also saw what my mom saw. She's now convinced that he serves as our guardian angel, and she's an otherwise highly skeptical person. I believe her.

Personally, I can't wait to die. I know that there's more beyond this body and see death as a great adventure. I understand that I have some learning left to do here and am totally cool with that, but yeah, I'm more and more okay with my impending "death."

Date: January 04, 2014 02:14AM

Your mother may take comfort in reading the first book because Lorna Byrne tells of her little brother dying and how she could see and play with his spirit and how his spirit stayed with their mother as long as they lived in the house where he was born and died. And she also tells about how she sees spirits of other departed loved ones and that they are able to visit us and hang around with us at times.

I'm worried that I'm going to know in advance when I'm going to die. I'm afraid of being sick and in pain for a period of time before dying - that's one reason I eat healthy because I really hate being sick. I don't want to die because I still feel like I need to take care of my kids even though they've pretty much left home now, I have to be here for them to help them as much as possible.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: January 04, 2014 03:30AM

read byrne's book of a message of hope from the angels
caught my eye at the supermarket
the one story that stood out was the surgeon
who was at the end of his rope
and when he had to perform surgery
he felt "other" hands moving his hands so that he could perform the surgery successfully

why does she say that she always sees TWO angels flanking each person
why two?

the other thing that made me think was when she said that

"angels have no souls"

i remember that line clearly

why do they not have souls?

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: January 04, 2014 03:35AM

forget my last question

i don't even know what a soul is exactly

anyhow

just a word, i suppose

Date: January 04, 2014 05:11AM

Agree that there's still work to do here, whether it's learning or taking care of people. I'll tell her about the book and will look into it myself.

KidRaw Wrote:
> Your mother may take comfort in reading the first
> book because Lorna Byrne tells of her little
> brother dying and how she could see and play with
> his spirit and how his spirit stayed with their
> mother as long as they lived in the house where he
> was born and died. And she also tells about how
> she sees spirits of other departed loved ones and
> that they are able to visit us and hang around
> with us at times.
>
> I'm worried that I'm going to know in advance when
> I'm going to die. I'm afraid of being sick and in
> pain for a period of time before dying - that's
> one reason I eat healthy because I really hate
> being sick. I don't want to die because I still
> feel like I need to take care of my kids even
> though they've pretty much left home now, I have
> to be here for them to help them as much as
> possible.

Date: January 04, 2014 03:31PM

la_veronique Wrote:

> why does she say that she always sees TWO angels
> flanking each person
> why two?
>
> the other thing that made me think was when she
> said that
>
> "angels have no souls"
>
> i remember that line clearly
>
> why do they not have souls?

I don't remember reading that each person has two angels, only that each person always has a guardian angel. I gave the first book back to my friend who lent it to me so I can't look it up.

Angels don't have souls because angels are not people. Supposedly we are born with a guardian angel who is in charge of our souls and who guides our souls back to heaven when we die.

In the third book I'm reading now - Stairways to Heaven - she says about souls -

"I feel very privileged. The soul, which is located in the body filing the shape of the entire body, moves forward. Most souls stay within the physical body during sleep but very occasionally they may move slightly outside the body. The soul as it is shown to me has a resemblance to the person. It's not identical though, it doesn't have all the same features and it's as if the person is physically perfect. When I was shown a soul, it means something spiritual is happening, but the person may not be aware of it. When I am shown it doing so, I am filled with an enormous joy and peace and a certainty that God is taking care of everything."

She then says about spirits -

"I also see spirits every day, the spirits of people who have died and gone to Heaven. People sometimes think that the presence of a spirit means something is wrong. This is not generally the case. Often a spirit comes back to give a loved one support. Sometimes they come back just for the job of being in this world again for a little while. When I was a young child, I used to play with the spirit of my brother Christopher, who died before I was born. Christopher helped me to learn the difference between spirits and angels."

Posted by: luvmangos ()
Date: January 05, 2014 03:42PM

When I was doing Reiki on myself a few days ago, I saw two of my angels putting a cloak around me and one of them then had his arm around me. It was amazing.

Date: January 05, 2014 04:08PM

Thanks for sharing that experience, luvmangos! Lucky you. She tells about angels putting cloaks around people and of Healing Angels. She gives a prayer for such -

[www.lornabyrne.com]

Posted by: vermontnl ()
Date: January 05, 2014 08:53PM

I was working on someone in the hospital, on their feet. I get to do a lot of work in hospitals by doing reflexology or feeling through the connect tissue in one's feet to where there may be restriction in the body and help to release it.

Anyway, I was working on someone who was in a coma (the cause was not known). I was having a non-verbal communication with the individual (who I knew) and he told me all kinds of information about the situation, I was treating them, there was some change in the condition, then I concluded and went to leave when again through non-verbal communication the 'patient' said "don't go", so I said, "what do you need?" and he said he had concerns for his wife and young children, so I said, "what do you need?" and then (I don't know if he turned his head) I saw him look down at two angels, golden ones. Then I could go. He died that night (I believe in peace).

That was my only experience with angels and I drew one on paper and watercolored it later. I am greatful.

Date: January 05, 2014 10:27PM

Great stories in this thread.

Date: January 06, 2014 12:49AM

HH Wrote:

> I'll tell her about the book and will look into it myself.

Remember that I said it may not be the best writing, because it's a narrative of her life, so many mundane events, but the angel experiences are included, so that's what makes it interesting and inspirational. That and her knowledge of how angels operate and how to communicate with them.

Date: January 06, 2014 02:05AM

I already ordered a copy and am greatly looking forward to it. Thanks again for the recommendation. smiling smiley

KidRaw Wrote:
> HH Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > I'll tell her about the book and will look into
> it myself.
>
> Remember that I said it may not be the best
> writing, because it's a narrative of her life, so
> many mundane events, but the angel experiences are
> included, so that's what makes it interesting and
> inspirational. That and her knowledge of how
> angels operate and how to communicate with them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2014 02:06AM by HH.

Posted by: luvmangos ()
Date: January 07, 2014 02:13PM

These are great stories. Thank you for sharing. What an amazing gift the angels are to our lives. We just have to ask for their help and believe.

Date: January 08, 2014 03:21AM

The experience I had that's the closest I came to seeing angels -

For years now, after I shut my eyes to go to sleep at night, I see a sparkle, and I always thought it was my guardian angel sort of coming back into my body or my mind at night. But the first night after I started reading the Angel Book, when I closed my eyes to go to sleep, I saw lots of sparkles, like ten or so. It was wonderful.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables