Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: *To your health*
Posted by: Peisinoe ()
Date: April 29, 2007 08:54AM

Hey sachelle, doll!
Thanks for keeping track on me on my journal! I have been very busy lately with work, and dentistry preparations. I had to travel to stockholm last week, so that is why I didn't reply sooner!! Check out my post on the 12 week raw trial! I actually lost about 5 pounds, which is pretty nice since I haven't been losing weight in a while on raw. I am probably going to get clothes again soon, but I am first going to get a haircut. I need to take passport photos and I want to look pretty in them! smiling smiley

I agree- keeping motivated in exercise and rewarding myself with clothes is the best! I feel so great through the whole process smiling smiley

I hope everything is going well with you! Also- try adding taco seasoning to raw tomato sauce on zucchini pasta! It tastes sooooooo yummy! Just like tacos!! grinning smiley

xxpeisi

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 29, 2007 09:18AM

hey there hun....you are such a breath of fresh air..you don't worry about the petty raw things .....and you still do soooo good on raw...i want to be like that..i remember reading that you eat olives and if they aren't raw you dont' feel bad smiling smiley and like i would be freaking out about the taco seasoning haha..but you are right that tiny thing isn't going to hurt me i am doing good things and it is okay....thanks hun you keep me grounded.....realize that i am doing this for health and i don't have to be a fanatic about what is completely raw when it comes to petty things like seasoning...good for you...you rock!!!
yes new clothes is awesome...i am trying to lose some weight of course...but i have a goal of 40 pounds before June 21st...then i am going to get some new clothes...i am starting to eat a littl more fat then i was andi am seeing that mybody is slimming down some so that is a good thing! i am excited whatever works...cuz my body has so many health challenges and difficulty losing weight i am starting to think maybe i just gotta go with the flow let my body heal and i will see results..it won't be as fast as everyone else..but hey i am doing better then before cuz my body is actually allowing itself to lose some weight when before no matter what i ate or didn't eat or exercised like i couldnt' lose an oz...so that is where i am at ...sorry to drop it all on your journal haha...but i just feel close to ya!! and you arel ike my raw sister...and i look up to ya!! thanks for checking in agin...hope you had a good trip.....
YAY YOU for losing 5 pounds that is AWESOME..cuz you already look awesome...so now you are feeling great about you too!!! yay fruit...i will def check out the link to see about how you are doing...anything to support my friend!!!
take care hun and have a great evening and day!! talk to you soon
love always earthangel
xoxoxoxoxox

oh and make sure you post a pic of your new haircut...i can't believe my hair is growing out already i need another hair cut haha...i might go next week....
xoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 29, 2007 11:18AM

Is taco seasoning cooked? I thought it was ground up dried spices?
Hmmm... I am gonna look up some info on this.

xxpeisi

Date: April 29, 2007 11:52AM

hmm i am pretty sure it is cooked..most dried spices are actually cooked someone told me..they dry them at high high temps in order to process them and store them...sometimes adding things to them...i know that taco seasoning i find is pretty processed with lots of added stuff in it....but what kind do you get?? cuz i am relaly interested in trying this haha..i love the idea!!! let me know....
love ya
earthangel
xoxoxoxox
oh btw checked out the 12 week trial..way to go for posting your pics..that is awesome encouragement for you...wish i had afull length mirror to take some pics for myself haha thanks hun for being so awesome!!!

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 29, 2007 11:58AM

I get santa maria from a company in sweden... No strange additives in it. Just dried ground up spices. smiling smiley Anyway, no matter if it is cooked. It is only a spoonful of spice :p

Thanks for the encouragement about the pics! grinning smiley
xxpeisi

Date: April 29, 2007 12:01PM

hey while you are looking since i just looked and can't find anything on it haha...but i remember someone telling me most all spices are dried and bad unless you dry them yourself cuz they add that anti caking agent in most of them...then i was reading my chili powder seasoning ingredients and it has roasted red pepper that is found in some taco seasoning too so i am soo confused...but i don't know if you still use them and you are amazing then it is okay for me haha.....i get so scared and nervous you know cuz i have all this stuff i am dealing with and plus the weight loss i want i don't want to add anything semi questionalbe...but i think that is taking away some of the pleasures others are having on raw you know?? sorry to bother ya haha...but i just get frustrted with myself sometimes for being so crazy about this raw thing....especially cuz at first i was using seasonings and not thinking of it then heard that and stopped using them..then started making this amazing tomato soup with chili seasoning then found out that was bad and was disapointed i couldn't use it haha it seems like everything i know seems to tumble down at some point as to tell me haha you thought you were doing good now look you have to eliminate this too...stop enjoying that...
so i don't know...i guess i jus wish i had more of a carefree approach to some things like you seem to have...and it seems to work for you smiling smiley....
take care hun and sorry to rant all this on your diary haha...just had to let you know where i was comig from and that i wasn't meaninganything by it asking about cooked..i was sincere...
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 29, 2007 12:03PM

hey girl...you are right it is only a spoonful of spice...i love the way you think smiling smiley...hmm i am going to go and try that approach tomorrow..i will get some taco seasoning and add it to my sauce smiling smiley....and will use that chili seasoning in my soup again!!!
thanks hun you rock!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Rian1213 ()
Date: April 29, 2007 09:23PM

Hi ya! read about your spice thing. Well, you are right of course,but just think about the consequences. I dont think it is perfect, but then again, you may not fancy attempting that level. Read F. Patenaud's book Raw secrets. He really is against any processed stuff, even if it hasnt been heated. He recomends no or little spices. However, if you are happy to suffer some Minor consequences, why not? I am not trying at all to put you off, but to make sure you make as informed a choice as poss.

Love,
Rian

Date: April 30, 2007 02:28AM

Hey Peisi....how's it going today gal?? hope all is well with you and you are doing fabulous....hmm i was going to do the mono sunday thing but forgot when my body was craving more greens..think it is my cycle craving it...cuz i am anemic...so that might be it...but maybe next sunday!! have a wonderful day hun..i think it is monday your time...so you are probably working!! take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 30, 2007 03:44AM

Hey Rian,

I guess I don't really believe in "perfect". There are many raw foods out there that can be very dangerous to one's health, for example cacao. Also, I think a spoonful of taco spice one or twice a week isn't going to cause much damage. The human body is an amazing thing, and with all the raw foods I eat, I know I am strong enough to process any toxins in the spices. I think a lot fo these raw doctors and food advocates exaggerate a lot to try to get their point across...

Anyhow, to conclude, I will still eat raw cacao, drink coffee with honey and eat spices because I am healthy, I feel good and if I begin to feel bad, I simply won't do it anymore!

Thanks for the concern though, and my response is of general concern to you as well- please don't get too caught up in the idea of what is "perfect". IT will only swallow you whole!!

much love
xxpeisi

Date: April 30, 2007 04:18AM

yeah peisi well said girl...you inspire me so much...i have my own issues with food and perfection since as far back as i can remember and your awesome down to earth approach is just what the doc ordered for me smiling smiley..thank you so much for being so awesome...i began having some raw cacao in the morning with my shakes...and i am going to include the spices when i want.....and be okay with it....and i think that if i want coffee once in a while i wlil allow myself to have it if i am needing it!! thank you so much for your beautiful spirit and wonderful view on things...your glowing spirit really helps me see i can be healthy and happy on raw and still include the "cheats" now and then and not die of poison or toxins haha..thanks hun you rock!!!!!
love always sach
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: meow ()
Date: May 02, 2007 05:24AM

peisi, i totally agree w/ what you wrote. life just isn't black & white- it's all kinds of gray! and "perfect" does not exist. trying to be perfect will only lead to failure and disappointment- negatives. but trying to do your best will lead to a more positive path, and isn't that what raw is all about? it is easy to take this raw foods lifestyle to the extreme, but that sort of negates the healthiness of it!

anyway you are doing great on your journey. how are you feeling on lower fat? i'm also aiming to do that...i find it's easy during the day, then at night i tend to eat more fat and i want to feel fuller. one day at a time though!

Date: May 02, 2007 06:54AM

hey love just stopping in to say hello!!! i hope all is well!! take care of you and please let us know if you need some support....
take care and know we are here for youa nd love ya!!!
love sach
xoxoxoxxoo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 02, 2007 03:27PM

Hey guys!!

Some of you might have read about the problem I had with my husband flipping out because I don't eat meat... We solved it, thank god. I was pretty surprised. He is a very special boy, my husband. He will all of a sudden get worried about something that isn't really "new". But I can't be mad at him for loving me and worrying.

Also, the low fat thing is going pretty good. I still eat sesame seeds as my only overt fat. I am worried about calcium levels, and I also looooooove sesame seeds grinning smiley Other than that, it is all fruits and veg. I also eat a brazil nut every second day to keep up my selenium. I feel energized and very happy!! I feel also as though I have much more energy than when I ate a handful (or more) of nuts a day!

I am thinking of trying these two enhancements to my diet:

adding 500g of sprouts to my breakfast smoothies in the morning. "A friend of a friend" went to a raw course in stockholm last week and I guess they stressed ther how great sprouts are for energy levels and such, so I want in on that!!

orange fasting- I ate mono-oranges on sunday, and it felt so good that I am thinking of trying it for the whole weekend this weekend. So, friday, saturday and sunday of only oranges. Then, maybe after 3 more weeks, I will try a longer orange fast. We'll see. I don't like to plan too much ahead of time, but the 3 days of oranges this weekend sounds doable.

I hope everyone else is having a wonderful day!!
xxooxoxopeisi

Date: May 02, 2007 07:57PM

hey there.....yay you and fixing things..i was keeping up with that post and was happy to hear you report ont here that you were resolving situations..it is soo hard when it is the one you love so much you know?? but ia m sure he meant nothing by it ..and was only worried...yay for fixing it though!!!

hmm i am soo happy to hear you are doing great and have lots of energy that is awesome..i wish that i could do that too..but my blood sugar doesn't allow for fruit or lots of fruit otherwise it really gets out of control..but i want so bad to be able to eat yummy fruits and when i want....
good luck on your orange fast...that is awesome!!!! good luck hun!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 03, 2007 06:34PM

oooo my raw cacao came today! I made a delicious pudding!!

3 dates
40 raisins
0.1 cup pine nuts
0.1 cup brazil nuts
0.2 cup sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon honey
5 tablespoons cacao
ca 0.4 cup water - to give it a pudding texture

This was so divine, I can't even explain! The consistency is exactly like pudding, and it tastes like the best dark chocolate ever!!! MMMMMMM!!!

The perfect treat to have before a 3 day orange fast!

xxpeisi

Date: May 04, 2007 05:46AM

Hey hun...yumm sounds good...good luck on your 3 day orange fast!! that is sooo awesome i am soooo envious!! oh to be non diabetic and get to eat fruit like that haha..have one for me smiling smiley
enjoy your day!! good luck with the fast....and keep on keeping on!! you are wonderful
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 04, 2007 04:13PM

Ok,
so I am nearing the end of day 1 of my orange fast. While I feel very good in the body, I am beginning to get a bit spacey. I had to time this fast according to my work, and I thought for a 3 day fast, it would be best to have the first day while I am working, so I can relax the two following days... Otherwise I would have starting on a saturday and finished off the orange fast on a monday, our hardest day delivering mail.

Anyhow...
I think I might have worked too hard today and I am glad that all I have to do the rest of the weekend is relax and enjoy the mono oranges. I have to admit that I am thinking about the other tummy foods I could be eating... It doesn't help that my 500g bag of raw cacao just arrived in the mail yesterday. I also want to make both an apple pie, and a blueberry pie. Mmmmm, I should try to stop thinking about it.

Tomorrow I am gonna try to go for a walk and check out an art gallery during the day, and then one of my friends is having a housewarming party. I am going to bring some fresh-pressed orange juice there so I don't look too strange carrying around a bag of oranges, hehe. Then, on Sunday, I might be going to an amusement park if the weather is nice. Although I think I would enjoy staying home and cuddling with my husband and watching movies just as much!!

Ok, well I am gonna go cook the hubby some dinner now. Good thing I am repulsed by meat, it will kill my appetite totally. Honestly, I am not hungry, lik real hunger. I just want the taste of that gorgeous chocolate pudding I made last night!!

xxpeisi

Date: May 04, 2007 06:26PM

Hey hun ....yay you for doing this amazing orange fast!! you are going to feel so amazing after just today..tomorrow you may wake up refreshed or detoxing though so good thing you were very careful and planned it so that you were resting for the weekend and not working!!

How fun a housewarmig party!! have fun....and have fun at that amusement park..i love roller coasters..haha my new found love of thrilling things hah...enjoy your day no matter what you do! cuddling with the hubby or exciting thrills on rides!! take it easy and enjoy the fast!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 07, 2007 07:14PM

Hi love how's your day going???? hope fabulous of course!!!!! how was the rest of that yummy raw chocolate cake??? did the workmates enjoy it ?? of course they did yummy and living and good for you haha how could it get any better!!!
take care hun
love sach
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 12, 2007 04:17PM

Summer is here and it is awesome! I love the sunshine and riding my bike all over town, seeing all the sunkissed girls and boys holding hands and wandering the streets of Gothenburg. I love this city, especially when the weather is nice! So here's to lots of Saturday afternoons in Slottskogen (the park here), our new flat near the center, and all my wonderful friends I will be moving closer to!!

Viktoria came by yesterday, and we made two completely tasty, completely vegan, and completely raw cakes!
As always, sugar, dairy and gluten-free!!

The first one: Raspberry Cream

Base: Soak a cup of hazelnuts overnight, drain, let dry for a few hours and then blend with 2 or 3 dates and 6 or 7 dried prunes, half a cup of fresh coconut meat, a tiny splurt of olive oil and a tablespoon of honey, and form into a crust in a plate.
Filling: Put a layer of flattened raspberries over the base, and then a layer of "cashew whipped cream", made by taking half a cup or so of raw cashews that have been soaked overnight, and enough water to make it creamy but not runny.
Top with raspberries, and if you'd like, ground coconut.

The Second: Chocolate-Coconut Cream
Base: Soak a cups of almonds overnight, grind them up, mix with 8 or 9 dates and form into a crust on a plate
Filling: Use half an avocado, 3-5 tablespoons of raw cacao to taste, half a cup of ground hazelnuts and enough water to make it creamy like a mousse. You can add honey to this to make it sweeter, but we found the dates in the crust to be sweet enough for this cake.
Topping: Blended up fresh coconut meat

Viktoria liked the chocolate cake the best because it tastes like the nicest dark chocolate, extremely satisfying and rich. It really was the perfect blend of ingredients. I liked the raspberry cake the best, probably because I have been eating chocolate "ice cream" everyday the past week now (I make this by chopping and freezing 3 very ripe bananas overnight, then blending them with 1-2 tablespoons of raw cacao, some water and maybe 5 or 6 ground brazil nuts, but the nuts aren't very necessary).
The chocolate cake is definately heavier than the raspberry one, but I loved the berries!! grinning smiley

Here are some pics of our creations! Enjoi!!

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 12, 2007 07:21PM

Hello hello to you----just read through your journal and am anxious to tell you how impressed I am with your attitude and the change you made...I am another who simply LOVES to see transformation pictures and you have astounding ones!

What a beautiful girl is being released by rawfood! Keep up the good work and the continual transformations. Sounds like you have an interesting life and are sure headed forward to more and more good things.

Best of wishes to you. This is a lovely fantastic day here in San Diego. It is so sunny and the flowers look so dreamy and the birds are singing and our wild parrots are really having some major discussions!

I am coming off a 4 day fast, resuming rawfoods after a stupid detour, and am also joining the 7 week all raw challenge. So, on this outstanding saturday I am happy...deliciously happy (soon I am going to have a salad, oh wow!).

"See you"

--Elakti

Date: May 12, 2007 08:23PM

Hey sweets...your cakes look great!! keep up the good work!!! sorry you had a mishap though..you are strong you will overcome it fast!!!!
well sweetie take care and keep on the wonderufl path!! you are doing amazing
love sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 13, 2007 03:25PM

Hi Sweetie Cakes !!!

And, you too, Peisinoe, heehee heehee!!!

Wow, those are some creations! I couldn't but take a couple bites, which I would love to do but they are so far away...I want all those strawberries.

I have a couple strawberry plants which have been generous lately. So good.

Thanks for your support....much appreciated.

Take care----enjoy everything.

Elakti

Date: May 13, 2007 10:43PM

hi hun..just stopping by to say hi and see how your event went haha sorry i get so confused all the time lol with day and night and night and day!!!
take care
love ya hun
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 17, 2007 03:46AM

Hi there again,

stopping by to say HI

I am feeling unusually well...I have detox symptoms that lay me a bit low, off and on (well, that one entire day, somewhat intense), but in between them I feel better and better! Onward with RAW!

Big smiles,
smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

Elakti

Date: May 17, 2007 07:54AM

Hey sweets how are you doing??? i hope all is well!! i was happy to see you had a good day even if it came to the wrong box haha..!! love ya hun take care
love sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 20, 2007 08:42AM

Well guys...
Im having a really bad time right now.
Not with raw foods, but with my schooling.
I had to go to an interview with 500 other potential students to continue my dentistry education, and only 45 people are chosen. I was not one of the 45 this year, so I must wait until next year to apply.

I feel very very bad right now. To make things worse, my husband doesnt seem to understand and we are taking some time apart right now. I am going to stay with friends for the next few days and we are going to decide whether or not it is best to stay together or divorce. All of this hitting me on the same day is a bit hard to deal with.

Feels like I am going in to emotional shock. I just want to be alone, I pull back from people who want to hug me or talk to me. I feel like I have failed my dream, my relationship, and I dont really want to be around my friends either. I am telling myself that it will all sort itself out and be fine in the end like it always is, but.. I havent ever had this much go wrong for me all in the same day before.

Dont really know what to do to get back on track.

xxpeisi

Date: May 20, 2007 11:06PM

Hey sweetie....wow what a lot on your plate right now.....it's a shame all this stuff is hitting you at one time..so sorry to hear that!! but you know i am here for you if you need it..day or night..i got ya girl!!! you can always come stay with me haha all the way in california smiling smiley...i could use a cycling buddy!!!!
well sweetie i am sending good vibes and good energy your way!! i truly hope that healing begins and you find the happiness and peacefulness you seek!!
take care
love always
sach
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 01, 2007 05:33AM

hey suga....how is life?? i just wanted to stop in and say hello and see how things were going in your end of the woods smiling smiley
take care and know i am always here for ya
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables