Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: read a book and went raw from a cooked meat diet in a day, Help!
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 03, 2007 11:10PM

You just really have to keep trying, and find motivation from where-ever you can. I love to read raw food books, health books, and various detoxing books. They can really be inspirational.

I also like visiting websites that have pictures of people's before and afters like shazzies website. They show you what going raw can do for a person. Truely amazing.

Try getting rid of junk foods in your house, just dump them out. The kids can start eating healthier foods too. If you want to eat a cooked meal during the day, then add that in for now. It will help from binging on junk foods.

Fat is satisfying, and I think when we first start out, it's hard to cut back so drastically on fat. Fitday.com helps a lot in finding out how much fat you are eating per day, then start cutting out the biggest fat offenders if they are other foods besides avocado, nuts and seeeds, nut and seed butters.

Try making popcorn (air pop or use coconut oil) with celtic sea salt sprinkled on it. It helps satisfy chewing, and you can eat a lot of it and get full. Great evening time snack.

Try to stay in the moment..or the day you are in. Don't think ahead longer than today. You gotta be here tomorrow, (that's the thought anyway) and that will give you another opportunity to eat anything you think you are missing out on..those pesky junk foods. Then when you get to tomorrow..you can then be in the moment again, or thinking of just eating right for today again.

You can do it. We all can do it.

Love,
Prism

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: June 04, 2007 12:40AM

Hi Rian, I was reading about your struggles with the cooked food and junk food, the social eating....it IS hard. I am like Prism, I love to read books about rawfoodism, and it helps me tremendously to get motivated and determined. Without the firm motivation and determination, it is impossible. Especially in a situation like yours, sounds like family cooking and socializing. I don't know how I would fare in such a situation of temptations.

So, I would do more reading and get really jazzed and gung ho, like "nothing is going to stop me" frame of mind. And PREPARE for the social situations and the restaurants. Most restaurants have salads, or the chef can prepare some kind of raw plate for you. Take something with you to add to their plate, like avocado or something. Take some of your own food over to people's houses. Eat before you go places, even, so you are not so hungry and have a fighting chance. There is the social, emotional aspect (which may be the hardest), but if you at least have food with you all the time, you have more chance.

I always feel like I am going to camp every time I leave the house! I carry such food with me!

I have a couple books that really serve to remind me why I am doing this. Rereading them bolsters me up and renews my strength of determination.

I would even forgo some events, if possible, to just not be in that situation. That is probably too impossible for you with a family. I have done it though, just feeling that was the best way for me at the moment to protect my desire.

Anyway, excuse long post...
Best wishes on your journey! It takes so much committment. But it is the right way to eat, I am sure of that.

Elakti

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: June 04, 2007 07:03AM

hey hun!! yay you for getting back on here and asking for support when you feel down!! that is an awesome step and i am very happy and proud of yoU!! keep it up ...the more support and energy you get the better off....now first you have to let go of the past..no matter what you can't change the other days behind us..so we shouldn't stress about them or worry...they are the past....the more you worry and stress though the worse off with your body you are..it is bad and causes worse damage to worry and stress then the actual foods you might of ate smiling smiley
so let it go and get rid of those feelings!!
i am happy to have you back and i know you can succeed...just keep smiling and asking for support! i am here for you hun and i truly believe you can do anything you put your mind too!!!
reread those raw books i sent you..the password to the one you have is raw food or raw diet..we figured it out haha!! so read those
i am sending lots of good energy and vibes your way!! take care
love always
earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Rian1213 ()
Date: June 04, 2007 01:28PM

Thank you so much Prism, Thank you so much Elakti, Thank you so much Earthangel!
Your wordsd and your support are precious to me, even if it is still hard. All of what you say is true, however, I'm not sure how to apply it to my life. Reading books... as a single working mum who tries to do her prayers, study, do her sawing and housework, etc... as well as seeing to my boyfriend, friends etc, not sure how much time I have left to read raw books. I do it, only not that often... The restaurant thing... I already order salads and stuff, actually that is not so much the problem, but being with my man... he knows and he is kinda supportive about my new life style, but I cannot push the boat and sometimes I have to "appear" a little normal or he freaks out. My problem is that once I lapse it all seems to be lost...

Anyway, trying just fruit for today, see if I can manage that.

Rian.xxx

Date: June 05, 2007 12:59AM

hey sweetie..well i know you can do it and i know it is hard!! keep on fighting you will do just fine..we are here for you!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Miss Joan ()
Date: June 05, 2007 03:14PM

Good advice, Prism. Re: popcorn, it's one of my comfort foods although I rarely make it. I need to get some coconut oil. One of my fondest childhood memories is every Sunday nite my Dad would pop corn (it always came out so fluffysmiling smiley the way he popped it). Then he would make a bowl of sliced apples. If you've never tried popcorn and apples together please try it. It's SO yummy. Of course my Dad put lots of butter on the popcorn! LOL Enjoy your day.

Rian: I love what Prism said about staying in the moment or day you are in and not focus or worry about tomorrow. It's easier to talk yourself thru a bad moment than get overwhelmed by the whole change in eating. I'm finding that I can pass by former places that used to be enticing for a junk "fix" without being the least bit tempted. I think the important thing (at least for me) is to always have something healthy with you to snack on if you get hungry or tempted. Have a great day.

Joan

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: June 05, 2007 03:32PM

Yes, always have food with you! smiling smiley
I love popcorn. I was going to 'use' it in transition, but then the 7 wk challenge started, and I decided to do it and chuck the popcorn...oh well. I'm glad the challenge came when it did, it was perfect timing for me, and I have so far been all raw everyday, since the 7th or 8th of May. It feels real good!

I think you're doing great. Yes, day by day. Enjoy your process, it really is such a process and transformative journey. Lots of different challenges and punches, so it is v. necessary to have support. And with the punches there is so much improvement of health, and victories, and positive rewards. It's an interplay of peaks and valleys, like any other journey, unless you're in Kansas...but even then, you might be swept off your feet! smiling smiley

Elakti

Posted by: Miss Joan ()
Date: June 05, 2007 06:25PM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I just typed a post and it vanished! I must have hit a wrong key or somethingsad smiley Oh well. Everyone have a nice rawsome daysmiling smiley

Joan

Date: June 05, 2007 06:28PM

hey Rian..just stopped in to say hello and see how life was going for you!! i hope all is well and things are looking up!! take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables