Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Thoughts become actions, actions become habits.
Posted by: Miss Joan ()
Date: June 05, 2007 09:56PM

Thinkingraw: I sounds as though you had an eye opening experience when you visited your Dad. That's a GOOD thing. It makes you that much stronger and focused to do what you really know is right. Good for you!!! I worry that when I go home for my Mom's B'day next month I'll face the same thing. Time will tell. Throwing up tells you that your raw/living way of eating is right for your body. Keep up the positive attitude. As Khale said, PERSEVERE! Take care of you!

Joan

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: June 06, 2007 06:46AM

hey hun....hope you had a wonderful day!!!
just wanted to say hi and wish you the best smiling smiley
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: thinkingraw ()
Date: June 07, 2007 06:53PM

thank you guys!!!! it's so good to be back!

noff, i worked up a sweat!!! haha yay! my thighs are sore. too bad one workout doesn't get me back into great shape! but working out is addictive...if i push myself to be active the next week or so, it'll just become habit and then it won't be as much of a push. that's what i'm telling myself anyway. thanks for the warm welcome back! <3

earthangel, shew, it was a close one. when i was at my dad's, i thought about just quitting and letting go of being raw. but i feel so much better about myself when i'm raw...i definitely do not want to quit. so i'm back smiling smiley i gained back the weight i'd lost, but oh well. raw worked once, it can work again.

miss joan, it really was an eye opening experience. it made me realize that no matter how far i've come, there's only a thin line (a conscious choice) between being in control and being out of control. plus, it helped me see that all i need to do is make the decision....

yesterday was a total roller coaster. my dad called me...and he was like, what are we going to do? and i had no idea what he was talking about so i was like, about what? and he was like, about the purging.

my dad never knew that i struggled with bulimia through high school, so at first i thought that maybe he did know about it back then and that he had just found out or something. but then i realized that he thought it was a now problem. so that was a huge mess. because on one hand, i DID throw up once while i was down there, but it was only once. so i was trying to convince him that it wasn't a problem... he made me promise to talk to my mom about it.

so i talked to her and said basically what i just wrote (she knew that i'd struggled in hs) ...and instead of freaking out, she was really calm and understanding. she was really supportive and just said that she could tell that eating raw food was helping me to get over my food issues, and that she would get me whatever i needed to keep that up. that was a huge relief!

so now i'm frustrated because my dad is trying to be "supportive" about this thing that he sees as a problem. this frustrates me because the bulimia is already over. sure, his support would have been great two years ago when i was really struggling. but now, the only thing i would want support with is being raw...and he doesn't think that it's a healthy decision. he doesn't even like that i'm a vegetarian...he just keeps saying that there's nothing wrong with meat.

sigh. so i'm just sort of...frustrated that i have to deal with this now. rawr.

but today has been a good raw day so far. i've had 2 bananas, a handful of grapes, and about a head of romaine lettuce so far...

i'm also planning on working out in a couple hours smiling smiley so yay.

anyway, love love = \

Posted by: Miss Joan ()
Date: June 07, 2007 08:37PM

Thinkingraw: Yeh!!!!! for talking with your Mom and she is supportive. Aren't Mom's wonderful? She sounds wise in that she didn't freak out. That would have just pushed you away. Would your Dad be receptive to reading up on your healthy lifestyle? There are so many good articles and websites. If he understood what raw/living food is maybe he would be more supportive. If all else fails you can agree to disagree. He sounds as though he genuinely wants you to be happy and healthy so I have lots of faith that that will happen. No matter what, you just hang tight to what you're doing because it's the right thing. Good luck on your healthy journey. "Persevere" as Khale says and you'll make it!!

Joan

Date: June 08, 2007 06:05AM

hey sunshine...don't stress you are doing great...i am soo happy you are taking control of your life!!!!! i know it is hard..your dad didnt know and now he does so he is worried..that is good he is trying to be supportive..just talk to him and tell him that raw is what is helping you right now and that you don't expect him to do it or try it ...but just support you through your journey cuz this is what you NEEd to do to be happy and healthy...and yay for your mom doing a great thing by understanding and helping you with what you need that is great!!!
keep up the good work and have fun working out!!
take care
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: thinkingraw ()
Date: June 13, 2007 04:17AM

hey y'all

gah, i only have dial up at home and it's absolutely making me crazy. it seems like it takes forever to do annnnything.

Date: June 13, 2007 04:55AM

hey there hun..sorry you are having a bit of trouble with your dial up...is that computer stuff??? internet right lol..i am brainless when it comes to computers!!! i hope everything is going well with you though!!!
take care and keep it up
love sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables