Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 2 of 21
Re: needing a fresh start
Posted by: leafdrinker ()
Date: June 26, 2007 06:45PM

I think you may find that adding that green drink will help with the transition away from smoking too. After I read Victoria Boutenko's books, I immediately started consuming the equivalent of an entire large bunch of kale every day, and my coffee addiction just vanished with no symptoms other than feeling that coffee would not taste good. Boutenko's theory is that amino acid deficiency is a cause of cravings.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 26, 2007 06:59PM

Have you tried the organic raw apple cider vinegar at all? I makes my body feel so much lighter, maybe because of what it does for the muscles..I don't know but I think it's cool.

It also helps to keep my energy up, but I feel like I've been detoxing so that makes one want to rest or sleep anyway.

Quitting smoking is no small feat, but you will really enjoy the benefits of not smoking once you get there.

What's nice to think is we aren't a slave to those that would profit at our expense of our good health and even our lives.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: June 27, 2007 07:43AM

hey there just dropping by to say hello and see how all is going for you..i hope all is well..take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: June 27, 2007 03:39PM

You guys are so encourageing. Thanks for the support. Well I still am eating raw foods and learning each day. I feel good too. Sometimes I feel week though so I think I need to readjust my eating. I will need to get some more reading material. Yesterday I felt week in the morning so I juiced some greens and a beet that picked me up real good. I am thrilled with loosing weight also, That excites me. I sleap deeper and have been having vivid dreams. I am feeling a fantastic change happening in my mind, body, and spirit.
I just wonder what will happen when I quit smoking. Perhaps that is why I feel week.
You know I think I am at my 7th day at this also.
Have a great day all.....................

Date: June 28, 2007 07:21AM

hey there..yay for you feeling better and doing so well!! keep up the awesome work hun!!!
take care and good luck on quiting smoking
love earthangel
xoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 28, 2007 08:50PM

When is the first day of quitting smoking for you? You'll do fine with it because you are ready to quit.

I'm glad you are doing so well on raw food journey. It really is a journey, with lots of learning along the way.

Love,
Prism

Date: June 28, 2007 10:08PM

Thankyou prisim, You have a way about you in moveing a person, I think you have a gift. I hope you know it was your post that kicked me off the fence and encouraged me to just do it.
I am so amazed at how just eating raw foods has changed my outlook on life itself. I seem to be able to coap with situations with a bit more innerr control. Something is happening and it is not just with eating........ I feel so much more calmer and seem to have a happy feeling that comes easily. I actually find myself smileing from the inside.
Today I had a shot of wheatgrass and later a salad of spinach avacado tomatoe red pepper. I squeezed some lime on it and put a spoon full of tahini on it {I hope tahini is raw} I think it is ground up seasame seeds. Anyway it tasted good and I am stuffed. I also started some sprouting again, I hope this time to be more diligant with them and not let them rot. I weighed myself yesterday and I lost 20 pounds. Is that possible? Regardless of how much I weigh I feel so much more energetic. my feet don't hurt any more and my skin is becomeing so soft. I find this way of eating is not at all that hard and so far I have no regrets or feel deprived. I can live with this type of eating and be happy.

Date: June 29, 2007 06:36PM

Hey t here hun...congrats on doing so well!! and quiting smoking...such a difficult feat but you are doing amazing with it!!!!
20 pounds that is awesome...how long ago did you weigh yourself before??? isn't it awesome to just weigh yourself and have lost that?? i weigh myself all the time so i never get to see that haha...
well take care hun....oh and tahini is raw if it says raw on the jar..if it doesn't then it is the cooked roasted kind....
good luck
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 30, 2007 06:03AM

Well the thing is I really am very overweight. I am twice the size I should be and then some. I still don't believe I could have lost 20 pounds. ...........
I start my day usually with a shot of wheat grass. Not right as I wake I usually wait till I feel hungry. I have a hand crank juicer and have to juice it on the front porch because I don't have any wheere else to secure the juicer. Last night I took a bath with about two cups of wheat grass juice. I felt great. This is the second day I have been feeling very full after eating a salad. I just chpo up some vegies and spinach and drizzle very little tahini over it with a squeze of lime. I eat fruit during the day. I really miss the rejuvelac and cant wait until I get that going again. I think that is a great aid for digestion.
Yesterday I ate a handfull of unsoaked almonds and about six dries aprocots. I think that has effected me greatly and have this kind of bloaty feeling. I think I need to ease off the nuts for a bit and the dried fruit. The fruit is so plentyiful this summer.
since I have been eating raw foods I am experianceing many good things. I usually have cracked and rough feet. I noticed the roughness is going away. I have a spot of exema on my right hand that grows and cracks. That seems to be heeling. I have more endurance. I seem to be a lot more calmer and able to coap with stressfull situations much better. My skin is softer. I sleap better. I did not think it would be possible due to this change in eating that i would experiance these things so soon. I am happy to be a raw food eater. My family are getting use to it. My 13 yr old asked me today what I was going to eat on thanks giving and christmass. My older girls are proud of me for sticking with this. I feel good that I can be an example for my children in better eating habits.

Date: July 03, 2007 12:17AM

I made some rejuvelac that finally tasts good. It does not have that foul oder or foul after tast. I found an web site that had pictures and easy step by step instructions. I steralized the jars with boiling water and used filtered water. I have three trays of wheatgrass growing and one tray of sunflower sprouts. I also have some alfalfa sprouts. All these new things to do, its hard to get in a good system of growing and sprouting but I am learning. I attempted to make a bread however I used my oven to attempt to dehydrate them and the temp was way to high. It wasnot that hard to do but my I don't have a way to dehydrate wet items in my dehydrator. I am still eating raw foods however there are some times that I feel week and tired. I think that is due to the smoking. Yes, I am still smoking. It seems that when I think of quiting I start smoking more. I tried to just stop, than I tried to just cut down, than I thought as I evolve in eating more higher enjyme greens I will not feel the need to smoke. I have been looking on line and found several sites that are so helpful. Yesterday my family had a barbeque and I only ate a cold uncooked corn on the cob. I was satisfied with that. I am encouraged with the changes I am going through and the weight loss that is happening to me. One thing is I went to the store to get some avacados. The organic avacados cost two dollers each and the non organic ones were two for three dollers. I opted to buy the non organic ones then I found out the avacados go through iradiation and a wash of pesticides that take out 80% of the enzymes. I am frusterated with the cost of some vital produce.

Date: July 03, 2007 04:30PM

hey there...don't be stressed..if anything in your kitchen is non organic everyone reccommends avo's to be it..because they don't really lose too much and they have found the chemicals don't seep in through the shell..so don't worry...you are fine smiling smiley.....they are like the last veggie and fruit on the list of what to buy organic and what doesn't have to be haha...
you are doing great...keep up the good work
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: July 04, 2007 07:29AM

Thanks ea for the tip. This is all so new for me and some of this stuff can get expensive.
Today I ate more food than I ever have on this diet....
I drank some rejuvelac and ate a apple later I had a boul of vegis sprouts tomatoe avacado than for dinner I had a huge salad and sprinkled some seeds I was soaking on it Now I am stuffed. I had a sweet tooth this evening and had two dates. I am surprised at how satisfied I am when eating this raw food. When I was eating the other way I always was unsatisfied with food and always craved something to eat. I also ate some flax seeds. I just sprinkled them over my boul of vegis and avacado to eat. Not real sure about them though or how they get around my digestive system but I will see. I have lost 25 pounds so far and am surprised at ohow rapid the loss has been, It seems I am loseing about one pound a day.
Unfortunately I am still smoking. I was reading in a book by ann wigmore about not fighting the habit but to use action to fight the action so I thought of perhaps trying to exersize when I desire to smoke. That will take some discipline but its worth a try.

Date: July 05, 2007 10:42PM

on the morning of the fourth I was still feeling full from what I ate the other day so I just ate one cantaloup throughout the day with some water. I also had some rejuvelac in the morning. I was satasfied and in the evening I began to feel hungry.
I checked on my wheat grass and sunflower sprouts and it seemed they needed to be uncovered and draw sunshing I was afraid my one rooster would eat the seeds so I had to bring them inside. I tossed a couple of sprout seeds for him though and he ate them up like candy so they must be good for me.
Today I went out with the family and ate at a pancake house. They had a fruit platter I was so pleased to have a meal with the family. I got home and tasted my seed cheese I made the night before and was surprised, it really tasted kind of cheesy but rather strong. My 13 yr old daughter tasted it and spewed it out in the sink. I thought it was good though. My tasts seem to have changed.
I am not sure what went wrong with what I ate on the 3rd but I read that combining tomatoes and greens were not a great thing. I think my digestive system needs more healing also so I will need to eat more easily digested foods.
I have been eating raw for fourteen days now and have been losing between 1 to 2 pounds a day. I think my total loss is thirty pounds.
I did not start this way of eating for just the weight loss but for my health. I feel so much younger and more energetic. As for the smoking I still smoke yet am working on quitting. I am finding the cigs are not as grattifying as they have been and smoke less and sometimes put it out half way through. I am anxious to be free from the smoke.

Date: July 06, 2007 03:08PM

Good morning all.......I could not sleap last night I seemed to have a back ach and just could'nt get comfortable. I took a hot bath with epsin salts to relax me back and then was able to fall asleap. I really think it has to do with my smoking though. I am becoming frusterated with smoking and what it is doing to my body. I want to become healthier but I stil would sit and lite up a cig. This morning I am going to try again to quit. Each time I want a cig I breath in some breaths to remind me that I really want air not that pollution. Yesterday I experianced a desire to pick up some non cooked foods to eat. I was surprised but I still remain 100% raw I think,though I needto eat more foods as there are times I am real hungry.

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: July 06, 2007 03:47PM

pampam,

I wanted to point out this video by Dr. Mercola [www.youtube.com]. He doesn't eat 100% raw, but no grains, sugar, processed foods, etc. But anyway, I thought his video was a different take on the smoking issue. He seems to think one should correct their diet first before they stop smoking. But sounds you have already done that, so you may be ready.

Just food for thought.

Date: July 07, 2007 12:36AM

Thank you karennd for the support, I would like to light one up right now. I have decided to just stop today. Each time I desire to light one up I take a deep breath of air. It seems as the time goes on I am able to breath deaper and deaper. My lungs are becoming free from the tobacco habit. I have been eating well today I ate one avacado and a green salad with some seed cheese and tahini on it. This afternoon I have been nibbleing on some watermellon and cantaloup. I had a wonderfull concersation with a guy who runs a local co-op helthfood store. It was so helpful for me to talk with another person regarding this type of eating. He seemed to know a lot on it to. Anyhow I hope the co-op will help me in purchasing the items I need to continue this new diet. I am doing real well today even though I am quiting smoking cigeretts. I am just taking it easy and not pushing myself much. I am also eating a bit more food I just am anxious to be a non smoker.

Posted by: crystalbat ()
Date: July 07, 2007 01:55AM

hi! just browsing around and thought i'd say it sounds like you're doing amazingly well!
getting started and learning the BASICS is fascinating is it not? (i am still new to this myself)

i just wanted to say keep it up, and don't put yourself under too much pressure with the smoking thing. it sounds like your thought patterns are already changing towards the habit, which is going to help you big time. also remember to not focus on "giving up smoking" "no cigarettes" or "quitting nicotene"

just think about the positives (retrain your brain to do it hehe) like being clean, breathing gorgeous deep satisfying breaths, regaining healthy lungs, healing, new hobbies, more money for the avocadoes. yeah!
good luck and have so much fun
smiling smiley

Date: July 07, 2007 11:42AM

hey, that gave me a chuckle, More money for avacados. Thanks crystalbat your words of encouragement are in line with what I am feeling and thinking. To not fight the habit but focus on the positive. To be positive for me is like entering a forign land but it seems tat eating this raw foods and all it is not so difficult to think more positively. Amazing how that goes, the secret to success was right on my plate. I made it through one day without taking a puff. I woke up early at 3:30 am and tried to go back to bed but then got up at 4yawning smileyo. Lets see how this day will go

Date: July 08, 2007 12:54AM

Congrats on the quitting smoking! You are doing it, and you can keep doing it!

I'm going to start on the low fat raw food diet, the 80/10/10 along with others on the main forum. Join us there if you like.

I just bought the book at amazon.com but I've been on it before, I just never read the book, so I'm really looking forward to finally reading it.

Love,
Prism

Date: July 08, 2007 08:02AM

Thanks prisim.
I still did not smoke today. I had a strong earge to eat everything in the house though. Especially bread and crackers and pop corn. I did not eat those though. Today was somewhat difficult for me. I was hungry when I got up. I got up at 3:30am in the morning and could not go back to sleap. I munched on a celery stick with some seed cheese on it, that seed cheese does tase cheesy and the celery combined tasts good. I had a whole avacado and some sprouts and red pepper. Later in the evening I had an apple and watermellon. I still was so hungry so I ate some unsoaked sunflower seeds and a couple of dried aprocots. I can't seem to get to sleap either. I am tired enough but just lay there wide awake. Not sure what is going on.

Date: July 08, 2007 11:03PM

Still a non smoker. I can breath deeper now and I feel better. I still crave a cig and practice breathing deeper. I am getting more energetic since quitting the cigs.
I have ate a two oz. shot of wheat grass juice and later a salad with tahini on it and a small bit of avacado and tomatoes. I just got some more celery to go with the seed cheese. That tast real good to me.
Today I was able to fit into a pair of jeans. I couldnt fit into them last year, Now I can wear them. That makes me happy. I don t seem to be loseing so much weight but it seems my body is shrinking. Thats a great thing.
I seem to be more emotional and am feeling different emotions lately. I hope to have a betterr system for sprouting seeds though and have not been working on that lately. tonight I am going to start more seeds for sprouting and also try to make some vegi krout. Wish me luck.

Date: July 09, 2007 02:08AM

You are doing terrific! I did really well today also, started the 80/10/10 raw foods program. It's 7 pm, and if I get hungry I'll have my last couple cups of watermelon. I'm really full from my salad right now.

There's just not enough time in a day is there? I am tired today..did a lot of stuff also. Yesterday was slow..just relaxed, felt lazy.

If there were more hours in a day..we'd just be doing more work..forget that!

Love,
Prism

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: July 09, 2007 03:39PM

You are doing it, that is great! Raw foods and fresh air, there is nothing better! :-)

Date: July 09, 2007 10:02PM

I still have not smoked this is my fourth day. I still want to smoke every once and a while But as time ticks by my resistance gets greater. I joined a local weight loss club, since I am so over weight I felt I needed support with that. I am so over weight that I am afraid I will look all saggy skined when I loose it. I have been eating raw for 19 days now and have lost about 30 pounds. I think that is pretty fast but I am not complaining. I don't feel like I am overweight and have so much more energy and positive thoughts. That is not usual for me I am usually a depressed person. Today I ate a large salad with sliced zuccini tomatoes half avacado chopped onion {They taste so sweet} sunflower sprouts and letuce, I squeezed some live over it and muxed seed cheese and tahini It was sinfully delicious. I am so full from it. I can't wait to learn how to make bread I am craving bread and crackers so I presume I need more carbs. I don't have anymore rejuvelac and I think when I don't drink that I find I have cravings for things. I also think since I have quit smoking I have a void of sorts I will need to fill. I am trying to keep busy but in a way I am feeling overwhelmed with energy and have not adjusted mentally to this great change in my self. We are having some sunshine days and today it is very hot. I am use to cloudy and rainy days but I do love the clear blue sky this week what a beautiful day.

Posted by: bellamausi ()
Date: July 10, 2007 02:14AM

I am really impressed! You are doing amazing! I know I have a very hard time, when junk food is in the house. So my hat is off to you!

And quitting to smoke, yay!!! What an achievment so far! Keep it going!

I actually had read your journal yesterday, before I started mine. So I knew right away who you were when you posted in mine today. winking smiley Small world, lol!

Date: July 11, 2007 01:48AM

Its ssooooooooooohot outside. We are having a heat wave and I am melting. I got up at 6 am this morning and worked around the house. I had a 4 oz shot of wheat grass juice at around 11 am. I have a hand crank juicer and it takes some elbo greese to crank it out. oh for an electric one. Any how the exersize is good for me. I also cranked out some for my friend and my dog. But the dog wasnt around to get his good stuff so the prego cat laped it up, then the rooster came to the dish and ate some of the food soaked in wheat grass. Finally the dog got around to notice he had some food and lapped it down. I washed my eyes out in wheat grass, I read in one of anns books about using the grass juice for other ailments and washing eyes. My eyes have been burning and red lately and also crusty. we will see if the grass fixes it. I munched some watermellon and attempted to make one of anns energy soups. I used an apple some avacado and sunflower greens, I put a pinch of dulse in it and blended it. I don't think I like dulse much and not to thrilled with the combo so I fed some to my grandson He loved it. Later I had a banana and now I am eating this fabulous salad with lettuce tomatoes onion sugar peas and zucini. I mis the rejuvelac and the sprouts. Can't wait for them to grow. I love this way of eating I feel free from all that my old way of eating had. I do have cravings for some cooked foods some of the cravings are vivid as if I can taste them right then, I usually shake my head to get it out of my thoughts and remind myself how I feel eating this way.

Date: July 11, 2007 05:02PM

Wow, you are really inspiring! Glad I came in to peek on how you are doing! It seems you are doing well!

I have never really cared for Dr. Ann's energy soups either, but we have gotten into green smoothies (reading the Boutenko's Green for Life), which I think is close to her energy soups, except I believe (if I remember correctly), hers don't have as many fruits in it.

But we put a ton of greens in our smoothies, and it still tastes sweet enough to be a delicious smoothie.

I think you are feeling the same heatwave as we are (Oregon), and we were off to the beach yesterday, but it was still pretty unbearable when we got home at around 7pm.

I was going to write more, but I think I will put it in my diary, lol, and not clog yours up. smiling smiley

Date: July 11, 2007 08:04PM

bella we are neighbors te he...... I can't wait to get some other books on eating raw. My sprouts are sprouting, can't wait for them to grow. With this heat I am keeping a close eye on them as they seem to get a bit warm and need to be rinsed more. I am planning to take a trip to my dads and doctor him for a weekend. He has not been taking care of him self and has been having a real hard time eating. If I can get him up and active maybe he could grow some grass and get enough energy to take care of him self. He was the one who went to boston and met with ann wigmore in 1990 concerning my moms cancer. He is in such poor health I am worried for him.
Its a hot one today and I still have a high energy level. I ate a peach so far this morning ant got busy cleaning the house so I did" have to This afternoon. One thing I will need to do is start walking. It seems I am having difficulty with the B.M. thing. It surprises me because I eat so much fruit and salad. I gues my body needs to get use to the no cooked foods. I also need to look into proper combineing of foods. Right now I am keeping things real simple. I munch my grain sprouts and try to eat more green stuff rather than fruit. I think I should keep beter documentation of what I eat and when but that makes me feel like I am on a diet and I hate diets. I havent weighed myself lately but I am sure I have lose something. It feels so great to finally have some control on my weight problem. I have hope now on being a fit and thin person. My greatest concern is having loose skin after I lose all this weight. I don't want to look like a deflated person. I have seen that happen to some people and I wonder if that happens to all overweight people. Any how no matter what at this time I don't feel overweight I feel light and as if I am already at my correct weight. I am shocked when I see my reflection.

Date: July 12, 2007 01:30AM

If you are trying to get more greens in, how about doing smoothies? Fruit and greens combine well, and you can stuff quite a bit of greens into a smoothie and it will still taste sweet. winking smiley

I'm surprised about your BMs, but maybe it's a detox thing for you. My husband has always had problems with his BMs to the point of almost having to go to see a doctor, but has not had any difficulty since going raw.

I wonder if you could have a sensitivity to grains? You mentioned grain sprouts, and that is one thing I don't use at all, since I happen to not like the taste of grain sprouts, except for buckwheat, and I'm trying some barley salad today.

Date: July 12, 2007 06:08AM

Thanks bell, At one time a doctor said I had I.B.S. I have had a hard time for years with the evacuation thing. I am just surprised the fresh green food and fruit don't loosen me up.
Well this day I ate a large salad with a avacado and seed cheese in it I put some vineger on it also. I will need to get some different vineger though. I had a sweet tooth and ate two dates. and later had a huge slice of watermellon. I read in anns book that one should not eat to much avacado and I have been eating one a day. She writes to eat no more than a half no more than three days in a week. I do need to branch out and eat other things, but the avacado tasts so good and it seems to meet my needs. But I also need to lose weight and so I will have to ease up on the avacado.
My sprouts are doing real good. I started some rejuvelac and it will be ready to drink tomorrow. I hopr to have some for my father when I go to visit him. I have some alfalfa but I don't see any sprouting and the little radish sprouts. I sprouted a lot of wheat for growing grass yum yum, my favorite wheat grass juice. I also sproouted some barley and I really don't know what to do with it. I think I might grow it like the grass? It has a husk on the seed but it is sprouting. I really need to figure out a beter method to sprout my seeds. I need the live foods but gees it takes all this time to get them going and just one slip up and they mold or something else they are touchy things and I really don't have a green thumb for growing.
WEll one more thing I ate was a nastersium flower. I noticed my plant had a bloom so I ate it. It tasted like it smelled and a lot peppery How odd to eat a flower but it was yummy.
I have so much more energy and most ache and pains are going away. My knees are not crackleing so much and I can get up and down stairs much better. My posture is better, even without effort my back is straighter. The rough calluses on my feet are going away. My fingernails are growing, I never was able to grow my nails they would always break off, now I have to file them. My disposition is much more controlled. I have been getting emotional lately though as if I am becoming tuned to how I truely feel about something rather than oblivious of my emotions. All of this and more because I am eating raw live vegetables and fruits. All those years of suffering Its just amazing

Current Page: 2 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables