Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 7 of 21
Re: needing a fresh start
Posted by: pampam ()
Date: September 13, 2007 01:56AM

Thank-you karen. The bee pollen was a very scarey thing.

Well I am still eating raw but eating way to much nuts. The nuts are about 400 calories per 1/2 cup. That is a lot of calories. I have to eat more green vegetables and hope to start up some more rejuvelac. I am not feeling very energetic and I think the green food will help with that. I have started reading ann wigmore again. She deals with more than just what we eat but with our spiritual well being also. I am finding an awakeing within me that needs feeding also. I also am getting very emotional and am fighting depression. Ann Wigmore has a lot of thought provoking things to say concerning belief in God. I am being chalanged with my standard christian thinking I am feeling streatched. This is all good and perhaps timely in my life, due to the changing circumstances in my life.

I must have been eating way to many calories because of the nuts I only lost 1/2 a pound last week. Thats better than nothing but I have so much to lose that 1/2 of a pound it to small of a drop in the bucket. I will have to cut down on the nuts but they seem so addicting. I am not sure why I have been craving them so much I think the only way to tackel this is to fill my body with more diverse nutrients hopefully the nuts will balance out. This morning I told myself no more nuts and the next thing I am doing is eating nuts. I have to go shopping because the fridge is getting empty of greens.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: karennd ()
Date: September 13, 2007 05:57PM

I was doing the same thing, in terms of the nuts. I brought some raw pistachios to work and I was eating them way too much. Now that they are gone, I am not going to replace them.

This was in a recent Daily Raw Inspiration from Jinjee that I thought was applicable "According to Victoria Boutenko, - since one can not resist temptation, avoid it and do not let it come near! - So, I try to keep busy and not think about unhealthy food and do what I can to stay away from it. I also try to have some nice treats, or food, already prepared so when I get the munchies I have no excuse to go looking. Last thing, and I don't share this with people who regularly eat that stuff, because it is a bit harsh; but, I ask myself, if that, whatever is looking so good, was actually dog @#$%&, would I eat it and inflict it on my body??? The answer is: of course not. So, I just remind myself that it really is toxic waste and filled with chemicals, but just a credit to science that it is made appetizing and actual deception that it is offered to us all as food!!!"
- Sheila

I still have some pumpkin seeds at work but they aren't nearly as tempting. But I must admit, that after the colonic the other day I am not craving nuts nearly as much. I have some walnuts and pecans at home and I looked at them last night and I wasn't interested in them.

A long time ago I did order some of the raw cookies on Matt's website (www.therawfoodworld.com) and they have nuts in them. So, most nights I eat one after dinner and that is all I want. They are so filling and I find they spice up my raw diet.

But even if you are eating too many nuts right now, at least it is better than what you used to eat, right? So, we are still doing good!

Date: September 13, 2007 10:58PM

Thanks karen. I dont know what to say about the nuts. Its almonds and I have been eating a lot of them. I am not sure if it is the calories or if I need that right now. I want to eat more greens though and hope to get some of that saurkrout that has so much flavor. I hope to get some arugula that is so yummey. I want to try some green smootheys for a change. Any how I still am eating raw. I did a cheat today though and bought a chocolate bar. It was a very tasty one from the health section of the suparmarket. It had some coco nubs in it and it was a dark chocolate. I know there probable is something cooked about it but I was taking my daughter to the fair and I just plainly indulged myself with the chocolate bar and nubbled throughout the day on it. I still have some left. The fair food smelled good and all but I love being raw so I did not eat any fair food.
I have been real emotional but at this time I feel a bit less depressed. Its just the seperation thing I have to get some sort of balance back with that. I also have a lot of negetive things that have happened to me in the past and sometimes those ghosts of the past pop up. REading Anns book is helping me sort out some things. I am feeling chalanged with dealing with my negetive ways and thinking. It is so uncomfortable to be positive and try to change my negetive thinking with positive. I almost feel sick to my stomach just to think of being positive. I have indulged myself long enough with negetive thinking and I think now is the time to tackle that beast.
Whatever is happening with me since eating raw foods is a good positive experiance. I find myself happier most of the time but lately I have been feeling like crying a lot. Life is good though and I am happy to have a hope in my future even though it will be without the one I loved for so long.
laugh live and love my friends. Eat raw and live longer. Life is better raw.

Date: September 14, 2007 08:05PM

You know I went on an almost binge on almonds before. They are almost a replacement for that creamy taste that I miss from, you know, cream. ;-)

Sounds like that chocolate bar was a good idea to keep the fair food at bay (which I used to love!!).

I'm sorry you are feeling down right now and missing your lost love but I'm glad Ann's book is helping.

Life IS better raw!

Date: September 15, 2007 05:59AM

karen, Thank-you so much. You are a very resourcefull and wonderful person. You know the chocolate bar was not raw but it really was a treat. It still was a healthy thing and I don't feel guilty for eating it.
I drove up to the health store and got some saurkraut. I am going to have to learn how to make that stuff. It tasts so good. I also got some salad dressing that looked good and ate some with fresh cauliflower. It was so good. I think that is going to be my next thing is to make different salad dressings.
Ann wigmore is my hero. I wish she were still alive. It makes me sad that she died. She writes so much more than how to eat raw foods but covers our spiritual needs as well.
I do agree, karen, Life is better raw. I feel there is a new world to discover as I turn 50. Ha Ha.

Date: September 17, 2007 05:10PM

Yes, I am discovering a new world with raw food in my 50s also!

Yes, I hear Ann Wigmore was "youthing" instead of aging so it is sad that she died in a fire. Just like it is sad that Paul Braggs drowned while surfing (I think he was in his 80s).

A variety of salad dressings is a good way to help keep the raw diet interesting.

Date: September 26, 2007 03:35AM

Well the tooth pain is back. I am going to start making green smoothies and stay away from chewing for a while. I don't have the money to go to a dentist so I pray for a miricle. Life has its twists and turns. I have been searching for a job this week.

I love being raw. I feel more confidant in life. Even my posture is better. Even though I am still very over weight I feel very thin and energetic. I have been praying throughout the day. Very interesting and makes me have a more positive attitude. I go through times of personal resistance and just not wanting to be positive yet while I pray I find less and less resistance. I am now desireing to find more spiritual food. Unfortunately I don't particularly like churches I have had some very bad experiences in the past.

I have been able to breath better lately. I have been doing some deep breething exersizes but not often enough. I have been expelling some phlem from my lungs lately.

I am still working on clearing up the clutter in my house. There are some things I am having a hard time parting with so for those things I think I will box up and store them for a time to see how I feel without them. I want to lighten the load of the materialistic things around me. I don't want a plain house but I am tired of the clutter and messes around me.

Date: September 26, 2007 09:26PM

I'm sorry your tooth pain has returned. Are you going to try the oil pulling again? Am I remembering right, you tried that last time, right, and it helped?

Date: September 26, 2007 11:43PM

I got some more oil but it was'nt cold pressed oil. Last night I was woken up with the pain so I rinsed with table salt and then did the oil pull and took some advil. The rest of the day was not to bad with tooth pain. I am avoiding chewing though. I ate a banana and gently chewed some srawberries. I made a green smoothey with a mango and some spinachand dandilion greens I put a banana in it also. It was'nt to bad. I think I will be able to drink my salad. Maybe I will be able to get more greens in that way. I found vicktoria Bouchenkos web page and read a story she wrote about the green smoothie. Ann wigmore mad what she called energy soup. They seem the same to me. I hope for more energy this way. Wish me luck.

Date: September 27, 2007 04:56AM

Good luck and I'm sending positive energy your way! I hope your tooth heals soon!

Date: September 27, 2007 03:44PM

Thanks karen I need that good energy.
Yesterday I had that green smoothie and than I tried to eat a salad but I couldnt chew because of the tooth. I will have to give it a rest for a while. This morning I had some flax with pear. It tast real sweet. I got some local apples and pears but the apples had worms in it. I had to toss them. I think I found a job I am praying that it will be the right choice. It doesnt pay that well but it is three 12 hour shifts on friday sat and sun. I may get another job during the week. It sucks to not have that much work experiance to land a good paying job. Thats what I get for staying home to raise the children. I hope to get my teeth fixed though and then search for some schooling to get a better job. Hope it works.

Date: September 28, 2007 03:27AM

today I had green smoothies yum.
the first one I juiced a grapefruit and then took a bunch of parsley and a bunch of dandilion greens and also several big leaves of some kale. I shopped up the greens and shoved it in the blender with the juice and some water gave it a wirl and shared it with my little grandson. It was real green but it actually tast good. later I tried to eat a pear but the pear was not soft enough and it hurt my teeth to chew. So I chopped it up and had about five strawberries and put some spinach in the blender with a bit of water and gave it a whirl. Now that one was real tasty. I think strawberry and spinach is a good combo. I am feeling reall energetic also. I had a good day today.

Date: September 29, 2007 01:51AM

day two of the green smothies
morning smothie spinach and strawberries with kiwi. I don't suggest the kiwi it tasted bad in it.
I ate a couple of bananas and later another smoothie
curly kale with romaine lettuce banana and avacado with the juice of a lemon. I won't put the lemmon in it next time I did'nt like that.
My energy level is up
my teeth still hurt
I have been doing the oil pulling but I am not sure if that is helping
I have been searching for employment. Not much luck I have been out of the work force for so long raising kids.

Date: September 30, 2007 03:46AM

today I had a kale and rasberry smoothie. It seemd to be missing something so I blended a banana in it for more body. It tasted o.k. but the rasberry had lots of seeds'

I ate some bananas they were soft to chew

I had lunch with a group of friends from my weight loss group. I made a salad and gently chewed it. My tooth hurt afterwards though

I have been feeling cold lately. the weather has been changing.

I ground some flax and some cashews and added a squirt of flax oil and a ground apple and a little bit of honey. It tasted real yummey reminding me of a pudding or oatmeal. It was a good treat.

I tried to chew some cauli flower I was able to chew it without to much problem.

Thats about all I had today.

Date: September 30, 2007 06:59AM

You are doing great, despite your hurting tooth! I admire you. I am sending you more positive energy - for your tooth, getting a great job, and just for you in general.

Date: September 30, 2007 01:35PM

Thanks karen I too send you with positive energy and smiles. I have been praying a lot lately but it is more like just saying gods name. Kind of like wishing to fill my being with gods spirit or something like that. I am becoming more positive and am becoming more aware of my negative talk. I am still searching for a job. I got to get some sort of insurance and money to get my teeth fixed. I don't want a dentist to just pull them I want something so I can chew and eat my raw foods. This has forced me to eat raw smoothies and that is a good thing. The raw green smoothie is so good for us my energy level is up. Ann Wigmore called it energy soup now I see why.

Date: October 01, 2007 05:14AM

morning I had another ground cashew, flas, apple with cinnamon and a little honey. It really tastes good

I made a green smoothie with kale and romaine lettuse banana blueberries and a mango. Not a great combo though.

went to visit and had a salad with some brags dressing.
My teeth still hurt but I can gently chew
I also had an apple and a couple of bananas
Thats about all I ate today
I am getting use to the smoothies and kind of look forward to them. I feel like I am getting enough greens. Tomorrow I am going to find one of Ann Wigmores energy soup recepies and give it a try.

Date: October 02, 2007 05:47AM

I have been eating bananas a lot lately. They are soft and I can chew them. today I made a flax cashew apple dish for breakfast. I just ate some fruit today. mostly bananas I lost count I also had this really pretty red pear. I saw it at the store and even though it was expensive I had to try it. It was so sweet and full of flavor yum.

I had a bite of an organic pepermint patty. and some chocolate tonight. I know it isnt raw but I just wanted to endulge myself today. I am getting tired of tooth pain. It is just uncomfortable and constant I know I need to get them worked on but I fear they will just pull them out and I will have to get dentures. I really dont know what to do. I am looking for a job to get insurance and get money to start the work. I have been praying and working on employment.

I have been cold lately. The weather has changed and the rains have started in good ol Washington state. The ground is getting soggy and muddy. leavs are falling and sticking to the ground turning into a glob of mush. I guess I am feeling a bit under the weather. I always am fighting depression. I would wish to be able to move and finalize my relationship but I still have my daughters any how I am trying to keep positive and sometimes things seem to be overwhelming.

Date: October 02, 2007 09:00PM

Oh, I can feel your pain, pampam. I sure wish you could go to the dentist, that must be real uncomfortable. And I'm sure the pain doesn't help when it comes to the depression.

I pray something works out for you real soon on employment. Hang in there and keep eating that raw, yummy food.

Date: October 02, 2007 09:34PM

thanks karen, The tooth pain is wearing on me but you know I am trying to rise above it and learn some things besids proper oral hygine. Today I am very negative and right now fighting it. a hour ago the negativity was winning but right now I am feeling a turning point starting and I hope to get a grip soon. I had a real green drink this morning and that was good. It was mostly greens and just one pear. I kind of enjoyed it better green than sweet.

Date: October 03, 2007 04:24AM

I'm glad you are feeling a turning point coming. Yeah, I can relate - I am starting to like my green smoothies less sweet too.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: October 03, 2007 05:13AM

Hi Pam I didn't read all of you entries but I just want to say that if you don't feel you're making progress on the Wigmore diet, you might want to try not using fermented foods and salt, and cut way back on nuts.
I tried the Wigmore diet for well over a year and felt terrible on it - depressed, etc. I realized that I need a very simple diet and after going raw again last December, I realized after a few months that I was eating too many nuts and oils. They made me crave more and more of them and the more I indulged the cravings, the more difficult they became.
I eat non-sweet fruits and greens and very few nuts and seeds and dates (I can't eat sweet fruits yet)
Anyway, good luck with it.
-Jill

Date: October 04, 2007 03:37PM

aquadecaco, I have not done soley the ann wigmore diet. I am really just eating raw now. At first I tried making the rejuvelac and using anns suggestions as guidlines yet I dont like the seaweed she uses and I did'nt like the taste of her reciepe for energy soup. I do find a lot of spiritual information from her books and enjoy the fact that she has a whole approach to eating raw. I am biased with her because she helped my parents way back in the 90's. She had a huge giveing heart. Lately I have been trying the green smoothies and I find myself very satisfied with them. It seems the greener they are the better. Today me teeth are not hurting as badly which is a good thing.

I don't know what is going on lately though I have been feeling dissatisfied with eating raw foods. I think it is just a phase I am going through however the feeling is strong. I think the thing is with my teeth hurting so badly it is making my food choices so small. I choose soft foods or blended foods. The weather has changed and I have been feeling cold. I have been raw for about three monthes now I started in the latter part of june.

Date: October 04, 2007 05:53PM

Maybe some warm water with lemon or some other warm drink would help?

Congrats on the 3 months raw - me too! Maybe this is just another turning point for you.

That was interesting about your parents and Ann, can you share more about that?

Date: October 05, 2007 02:45AM

Concerning my parents and Ann Wigmore..........

My mother discovered she had a large fast growing lump on her breast. The insurance that my parents had was a group insurance and it was not careing for my mother in what we considered a proper way. They were very slow and were not very supportive. My father began to research cancer and alternative means for dealing with it. My father discovered a story of a woman who appairantly healed herself by eating foods that were not cooked. My parrents went to Boston and had a couple of visits with Dr Ann. She was a very careing and wise woman. She also called my father a couple of times when they got home. My father eventually found a place in California called the Livingston Institute. That would have been most helpfull for my mothers condition however the cancer grew so fast. The cancer weakend my mother and she eventually passed away. My father grew wheat grass and juiced. He also had a whole lot of vitamons he gave her in attempt to help her imune system to fight off the cancer growth. All that he did helped her She did'nt have to take the morfine the doctors gave her because she did not have that much pain.

One thing my father said about Ann Wigmore was she had so much energy. She was a very small woman but could run up three flights of stairs and back down without being winded and she was very careing. I remember she said over the phone how concerned she was for my father and his health. She admonished my father concering his health and was encourageing him to take care of himself.

Karen, I think I will try the lemon. I have been thinking of trying warm miso soup. I almost feel like cheating when I think of eating something warmed but If it is warm and you can touch it it will not kill the enzymes and that is what we are striveing for, right? So If I just heat some water and put some miso in it I think that would still be liveing foods. Right?

I bought three squash a couple of days ago and I am not sure just what to do with them. I grated a little of one and had it with a salad. It was o.k. Funney because it looked like grated cheddar cheese. I have a spagetti squash I havent opened yet. I was just at the local vegatable store and found some water cress and arugula. I love arugula so much. I am going to have to grow a bunch of that stuff. I want to work with vegatables

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 05, 2007 03:09PM

pampam im so sorry to read that about your mother .. my mom is aging very quickly now and i dont suspect she will be around much longer as she is pretty much in that giving up tired of being stage .. i will truly miss her ... everytime my dad phones me i get that leapy dreading feeling like im about to get the worst phone call of my life heh

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: October 05, 2007 03:20PM

Wow, thanks for sharing, pam. Sounds like Ann was a warm and caring person.

I agree with you. Just warming up some water and then putting something in it shouldn't kill any enzymes. As long as it is under 118 degrees it won't kill enzymes they say.

I think some people use those spirulizers (sp?) and make pasta out of some types of squash and put raw sauce or oil on it. Not sure if it is the same type of squash that you have. I have put them in smoothies before.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: October 05, 2007 04:32PM

Ann Wigmore is like a hero to me,, but I the diet (I think) made me quite sick.
I never throw out the baby with the bath water.

Date: October 05, 2007 04:48PM

Just a little tangent here, sorry.

I always think it is interesting where sayings come from.

That saying about never throwing out the baby with the bath water comes from when, like in pioneer days, they would fill one tub (or whatever bathing container they used) with water and the oldest would bathe first, then the next oldest, and on down - in the same water. The baby got bathed last and so the water was very dirty by then...

My dad told me that and I never forgot it. I'm weird, I know. :-8

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 05, 2007 04:49PM

good greif .. poor babies ! lol well i guess what they didnt know didnt hurt them ... too badly lol tongue sticking out smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Current Page: 7 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables