Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 4 of 21
Re: needing a fresh start
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: July 24, 2007 08:16PM

Sometimes I feel like that, especially agiated. I think it's when I'd like to get some other type of activity instead of just the constant moving around for childcare. I keep thinking of the pool and jacuzzi..I should go.

Love,
Prism

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pampam ()
Date: July 24, 2007 10:23PM

well, I have been eating a bunch of nuts. I have been eating then throughout the day, like a addict. I did not eat them because I needed them I just ate them I did'nt even soak them. Based on how I have been feeling lately I think I need to stay away from the nuts. I don't think they agree with me. I think I need a shake down, so to speak and start eating the ground flax seeds and incorporate flax more in my daily eating.

In most diets one is told to eat breakfast. When I wake up I am not hungry. I dont usually get hungry until about 11 to 12. I don't think it is necessary to eat unless I am hungry. But it is said to eat a breakfast because it will give you energy throughout the day. I think eating raw foods is a totally different aproach to nutrition intake, in comparison to eating the cooked foods. I think it is interesting that eating the raw foods I find myself not really hungry all the time like I felt when eating the cooked foods.

I think it is time for me to exersize. I hope to start walking and some sort of isolated exersizing. I don't want to have saggy skin and the workouts will help tighten up those muscles.

today I stayed away from the nuts. I had a banana in the morning and about 11:30 I pureed two apples and mixed it with the ground flax. It was o.k. to eat but way to much flax mixed with the apple. This afternoon I made a simple salad with home grown sprouts and lettuce a couple of raddishes and tahini mixed with some soy sauce. I did'nt like the dressing I made to much I also cut up a tomatoe. I am trying to dring more water throughout the day also.

Well my dad wants to purchase a wheat grass juicer but he wants an electric one. They are so expensive and I don't know much about the different brands available. I havent been able to get over there to get them started in growing the grass I have to plan it out they live a distance away from me.

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: July 25, 2007 03:14PM

I bet cutting out the nuts will help you feel better. I still eat a few nuts each day, but when I eat too many I don't feel good afterwards. Some people can handle the seeds - like pumpkin and sunflower seeds - when they can't handle the nuts.

Well, I was taught (when earning my Naturopathic Certificate) that it was best to not eat breakfast. It allows your body more time to continue detoxing, like it did while you were sleeping. But, it you were truly hungry, then yes eat breakfast but he recommended something easily digestible like fruit. The reason so many studies show that people do better when they eat breakfast is that the people in the studies were eating the S.A.D. and they needed breakfast like a stimulant to get them going in the morning.

Even my endocrinologist doesn't mind that I skip breakfast with my Type 1 Diabetes. In fact, it helps me to figure out if my 24 hour insulin dosage needs adjusting.

You are doing great - exercising and paying attention to how you are feeling and then adjusting what you are doing based on that. That's what I am trying to do too.

Date: July 25, 2007 05:33PM

Thanks karen, This is all so new to me, I never was a morning eater. I use to go for a half a day before I ate. Yesterday I really craved the nuts. I think it is the crunch they offer. I found a couple of grapefruits in the house and juiced them yesterday, they tasted so good. I can't wait until the farmers market this sat. I am making a list of my needs. I saw a recepe for a raw corn salad that looked tastey. Last night I read some web site about human worms (yuck) I think I will get some of the herbs to rid myself from those. I started reading one of my old books by norman walker on colon health. Part of my frusteration is to be so constipated all the time. I have been drinking lots of water but today I will boil my water to get rid of any chlorene that might be in it. We will see what happens with that.

So far today I have not eaten anything.

Date: July 26, 2007 02:24AM

I love fresh grapefruit juice! I woke up today, and wasn't hungry at all. I kind of made myself eat a banana at 11 am. Then later I had watermelon when I really felt like wanting something.

I've had a large smoothie, and now I'm still not really hungry (haven't felt hungry the whole day) but I did shop and got some nectarines and plums. Maybe for a snack later I'll try a couple.

If the weather would stay like this (except for an occassional rain) and the fresh produce was this plentiful and delish all year long..I'd be in Heaven and it would be an all raw Heaven!

Love,
Prism

Date: July 26, 2007 07:18PM

They say if we all ate only when we were really hungry, that would be the one thing that would improve everyone's health so much. I don't always do that though, I sometimes eat raw foods to squelch the cravings for a cooked food - not because I am hungry. Oh well, it is a phase we will get through.

Norman Walker - one of my favorite health gurus and Matt Monarch said one of Walker's books was what inspired him to switch to eating raw food. So, has his book given you any ideas to help with the constipation?

Also, keep us posted if you decide to do a parasite cleanse with herbs. I would be interested in learning more about that!

Date: July 26, 2007 11:18PM

Yesterday I ate three apples and I had two tablespoons of ground flax with a spoon of psylium seeds. Later in the evening I had the munchies and saw a bag of pumpkin seeds and ate a couple of handfulls of them. I know I should soak them but sometimes I feel I need a crunchey thing to eat.

I fgoogled "tongue diagnosis" and came across a light that explained a way of reading sighns on ones tongue. I have these deep cracks on my tongue and it bothers me. I realized that our tongue simply tells us what "may" be happening inside our bodeys. I also realized that the cracks are'nt something that is of great concern. I sighed a sigh of relief.

Went to the grocery store and got some clementines and some other fruits and some vegies. Yesterday I cooked a roast for the family with potatoes and all. The scent of cooked roast filled the house making me hungry. While cutting up the roast I almost ate a small piece, It was just a reflex of my past. I laughed at myself. I seem to have a solid comittment with eating raw foods. I have cravings yet I desire to find a raw sollutions rather than feel deprived from eating cooked foods. I also remind myself how hard it was to lose weight with cooked foods. No matter what I would do I was hungry or gaining weight with the cooked foods. One thing is, though, I did'nt start this raw eating because of the need to lose weight, I started because I have had a age old desire to eat raw foods.

I think it is important when changing habits to fill ones self with good new habits and not think of the habit you are trying to rid yourself of.

Today I ate a couple of little oranges and I got this avacado that was huge with smooth skin, it tasted real watery and not as good as the hass avacados. I was roaming the grocery store hungry so after filling the cart with the needs of my family I hit the vegey section I picked up some tomatoes and a huge bag of juice carrots some cantaloupe and avacado. I am hohping to find a farmers market this sat. The family is going camping so I have to get packing.

Oh I almost forgot, I had two cups of pepermint tea this morning. I don't know if that is considered non raw but I saw no problem and really enjoyed the taste. Right now we have overcast clouds sso I could not make it sun tea I booiled the water. I have found that boiling the water takes out some harmful elements in the water. I also pour the water in a brita filter to further cleanse the water. Sometimes I soak wheat grass in a gal of water, That is supose to rid the water of some harmful elements. The water ends up tasting a bit better. I have a well yet it is a shared well and has to have state inspections and tests and the additives in it. It is a very deep well though which helps with quality.
Karen, not sure about the parasite cleanse yet but I found a site called humaworms and there cleansing herbs cost 29.95. A much more resonable price than some other places. I do love the old farts who seemed to start the raw way of eating like norman walker and anne wigmore. They are some amazing people are'nt they?
Prisim, don't you live in cal? It seems there are some great produce in california. I live real close to some great farm places and I hope to hit the farmers markets every weekend. My mouth waters for the fresh fruit and green stuff. Last weekend I got some necterines that must have been tree ripened because they were so sweet and good. One of these days I want to go to cal just to get a fresh avacado. I wonder what that tastes like.
Happy eating all.

Date: July 26, 2007 11:42PM

I lived in a house that had an old avocado grove..oh my gosh..what I'd do to have that now! I didn't eat them back then..but we did send about 10 of them to my mom who still talked about those avocados 30 years later!

I fact..right now I HAD to make a salad with my avo and salsa..so I'm eating the now..HAD to have the avocado!! Hmmmmmm..fatttt...tastes sooo good!

I sound like Homer Simpsonsmiling smiley

Love,
Prism

Date: July 27, 2007 06:03AM

prisim, was that a bit of drool dripping down your chin? lollol

It must be the fat in the avacado. What else has fat? That we can eat? I think we can eat some oils but I havet tried any yet. I bought some cold pressed oil but I havent even touched it.

Well I tried to make some cookie dough. I ground the sunflower seeds and wirled some dates and threw the last three dried aprocots in with the dates then I got a bit crazy and thought some ground flax would go good with it I droped some honey in for good measure. I mushed it up and it is a texture of cookie dough. It has a tast of cookie dough I am trying not to eat to much. Yum.........

Date: July 27, 2007 05:04PM

Oh..yeah...droooolll...hahahaha..

I took some of my cookie dough and stuffed a couple Medjool dates (ok, 3 dates) with it. I had that along with some fresh strawberries and a banana for my eve. snack. Sooo good..

I've lost 5 lbs. already! 55 more to gosmiling smiley

Love,
Prism

Date: July 27, 2007 05:25PM

Yes, norman walker and ann wigmore were some amazing people. Walker died at a ripe old age, but too bad wigmore died in a house fire or she would probably still be with us.

You two are making me hungry! ;-)

Date: July 30, 2007 11:28PM

I grieve that anne died in a fire.

Well the camp out was great....... We had time to converse with nature I did a lot of hiking around and I found that I had so much energy. It was a great feeling to not have to stop every time to catch my breath. I feel a litle muscle pain today but not to much I want to start walking more so this evening I will go for a small walk.

I weigh in at my tops meeting on mondays so I lost another 4 pounds. I can't believe it. But I would be surprised to not lose weight with what I eat.
Prisim, You are so lucky to only have 55 pounds to lose, I have over 150 pounds to lose. But with the extra pounds I do have on me I still feel energetic and I want to exersize now.

While camping I ate lots of fruit and crunchy vegies. I had one avacado and some tomatoes and salad greens. I discovered these laraw bars that were a nice treat. That was nice to have because the kids were munching on chips and popcorn and somores and b-b-q. I did not feel deprived. I am so happy to finally feel I have control in my eating and will lose this horid weight.

I have been enjoying pepermint tea sometimes with a spoon of honey. some people seem to feel to drink boiled water is a cheat but I let it cool down and I don't see it interfereing with my eating raw foods. I do have to watch out with the herbal teas because the herbs seem to effect me differently.

I have been contemplating going on a juice fast. I am not sure how or when but it seems like a right thing to do.

ta ta for now
pam

Date: July 31, 2007 06:21PM

Camping out sounds fun! I used to camp out a lot as a kid but I have never taken my kids camping. I was thinking about buying us a tent for Christmas and start camping next summer. I saw a book online last week that said kids now have nature-deficit disorder. I think I agree with that.

You are doing great! Eating raw helps to give us the energy to exercise, doesn't it? Congrats on losing another 4 pounds and even more congrats on sticking to raw foods on your camp out and having more energy!

Date: July 31, 2007 06:35PM

Thanks karen.

Today I have a tooth ache. I have tryed to calm it by useing some ambesil and now I took a tylonol. I wish I had some wheat grass I use the pulp and just let it draw the infection out of my tooth. I have real bad teeth. Dentists are expensive.

I started the day with a couple of cups of pepermint tea. I find that refreshing and tasty I nibbled on some cantaloup but that made my tooth hurt. I might juice some carrots later.

I feel bad to take pain relievers but I feel a need to get the nerve under control. I hate tooth aches

Today is sunney and I have a bunch of work to do, I don't have time for tooth aches.

I might have to do a juice fast if this tooth keeps bothering me.

Date: July 31, 2007 07:18PM

I hope your toothache gets better. I can understand taking the tylenol - I would do it if I had a horrible headache for instance. I mean we do have to be able to function, don't we?

I hope you are able to go to a dentist eventually too. I worry that your tooth infection could go to your gums. Keep us posted on that, please.

Date: August 01, 2007 02:52AM

Well its been a watermellon day today.
I munched on a cantalaup in the morning and then a watermellon.
My tooth really hurts so I have been taking it easy today. I also am in a slump due to personal problems so I had a great urge to endulge in the casserole I made for the kids. I resisted but it sure looked good to me. I really want to succeed in this new way of eating. My skin feels real soft and I have so much energy. Tomorrow I will be raw for six weeks. I have so much weight to lose I have lost almost 50 pounds. I cant believe it.

Life is so full of turns and twists.....

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: August 01, 2007 03:17AM

wow...50 lbs in 6 weeks. That's amazing. Congratulations on your success! You are certainly an inspiration to all of us. Keep up the great work!

Date: August 02, 2007 02:57PM

Congrats on the 50 lb loss. Whoo-hoo! That is great!

Also, congrats on 6 weeks raw! Now all your blood cells have been replaced with raw nutrition, since we replace all our blood cells every 6 weeks.

Date: August 02, 2007 09:26PM

That sounds promising, all my blood cells are different. I wish my teeth would regenerate though. lol I just want to pull them out and get rid of the pain. I can hardly chew. I'm still going strong even though I have this tooth pain. I juiced some lemons and grapefruit this morning. I had some red bell pepper, tomato broccoli and cucumbers I made something like a dip out of cashews and garlic but it really was to much garlic. not much else to say

Date: August 03, 2007 12:17AM

Oh...I hate teeth! They are just so darn painful when infected. Who invented those anyway?!

I hope you get to a dentist soon, and have it taken care of. I really believe that it only gets worse most of the time if not cared for. At least for the painful tooth, if not the rest of your teeth.

I am very glad I did mine, but I still owe some money and still need to finish treatment. The bulk is done, and it cost so much, but I had it so I did it. I was very, very lucky. Teeth..like I said..I hate them!

Well..as you know I can empathize about stress and just wanting to eat cooked..but you are doing so wonderful and you are an inspiration to me. If you can do it while cooking for you family, I should be able to do it while cooking for my childcare kids.

I can do it. I only need to lose 60 lbs. and gee whiz..you've lost 50 in 6 weeks!

Keep going!

Love,
Prism

Date: August 03, 2007 12:56AM

Do you know anything about oil pulling? If not, you can google it. It's supposed to be really good for bad teeth and gums. My husband has been doing it for about one month for varicose veins and they are GONE! I couldn't believe it.

He uses organic sesame oil (make sure it isn't roasted).
It would be worth a try.

Date: August 03, 2007 02:55AM

Islandgirl, Thankyou for the suggestion, I googled oil pulling and I have some of the coldpressed sunflower oil. I have been swishing the oil in my mouth but not for 20 min. I will try it again and see if it works. If anything it may help with my eye problems. Tonight my teeth feel o.k. I am going to have to blend my foods and juice more. I don't have the money for a dentist.

I can't believe that I have lost 50 pounds. I notice such a difference though. My scale is not so accurate but it is close.

prisim, You can do it. I have all sorts of food around me and have to cook for the family. Its tempting but I don't even taste it I just cook it and have them taste it for me. I think the hardest is the breads and crackers. I tell myself that maybe someday I will have a pizza or something else that is tempting but I also remind myself that those kinds of food got me this fat and unhealthy. No matter what I would do I could not lose this weight. I am reading a book called consious eating by cousins and he says to change over slowly. But I just can't see eating chicken and beef after what he wrote about the food. I am starting to have a hard time looking at the flesh as a proper food soarse for my family. My whole Idea of healthy eating is changing so much.

Date: August 03, 2007 01:07PM

Prism...I also have to cook for my family. I either make sure I eat something satisfying and filling BEFORE I have to cook so I'm not so hungry and tempted or I have something on the counter like grapes that I nibble on while I'm cooking.

Date: August 03, 2007 05:05PM

This morning I took a spoon full of sunflower oil and swooshed it in my mouth for about 20 min. I think it eased the pain in my tooth a bit. I still feel the tooth ach. I hope this will pull out the infection we shall see. Maybe it will even help with my eye problems.

Date: August 03, 2007 09:52PM

I think it is certainly worth the effort. It's painless and inexpensive so it can't hurt! Keep us posted...

Date: August 04, 2007 03:00PM

Well what I ate yesterday.......
In the morning I had a almond banana milk
later I had half of an avacado and a vine ripened tomatoe that tasted real good
I bought it fresh from someones garden.
later I ate a boul of cherries. The cherry season is winding down now
In the evening I ate the other half of avacado
Later I munched some nuts. I know I shouldnt but they are so crunchy and seem to satisfy me in the evening.

I had to take some advill for the tooth pain.

This morning I swooshed some oil for 29 min. I have real white teeth from oil swooshing and it pulls out chunks of food that were hiding in my teeth. I am not to sure about it yet but I will keep it up for a time. I think it relieves some pain however the tooth is so rotten.

I hope to go to the sat market and get some fresh vegies. yum I have been having some cravings for cucumbers. I am going to make a list.

Went out last night to watch my daughter sing at a local coffee house. The music was so enjoyable. There was so much talent there. I drank a peppermint tea.

Date: August 04, 2007 04:13PM

Pampam, it doesn't seem like you're eating very much when you read it. Did you feel full and satisfied? I am so amazed at how filling whole foods can be, compared to what I used to eat. Even with that little bit of nuts and the avocado, I think you are doing great. As long as you feel good and are steadily losing the weight you want, I wouldn't worry about it. Sorry your tooth huts. I would like to try the oil pulling to get my teeth whiter...I just need to get it into my schedule. My husband is still doing it. He had really BAD varicose veins on his legs which are all gone except for one little spot the size of a pin head. That has amazed me. I sure hope it helps with your tooth pain!

Date: August 04, 2007 04:56PM

So you have a water pik? You could get a cheap one and add in some hydrogen peroxide in the water and use it. It will get into the pockets, and small fisures and clean out infection.

I use my water pik every night and it helped to keep the pain away before I got my teeth fixed. I had 2 broken teeth, a couple bad fillings, and a couple infected teeth. I had broken teeth for about 5 years before I could fix them.

Did I say how much I hate teeth?!

Good luck with the oil pulling, it sounds interesting..and how white did your teeth get? My sons teeth are very stained now, and I'll get him to try it maybe.

Love,
Prism

Date: August 04, 2007 10:14PM

About the amount of food I eat..... I don't eat much compared to when I ate cooked foods but with the teeth in pain I am eating less because it hurts to chew. I am just going with the flow right now with eating. This week I am going to be drinking juices because of the teeth problem. My teeth are so bad. I don't know much about dentures but I think that is what I will need. I have gone for years with some real rotten ones and all my molers are practally gone. Its just a series of unfortunate events and lack of dental insurance and money.

Well I went to a couple of yard sales and got two gallon jars. Those are very hard to find but I like useing them with sprouting. I also got a couple of strainers, they are also good in sprouting.

I went to the sat farmers market and got a whole bunch of vegies for the week. The farmers market is so big and there is so much organic produce available. I feel like a kid in a candy shop. I stoped by one of the honey booth's and got a couple oz's of bee pollon. The lady there said she was starting to eat raw foods also. I was so thrilled to meet someone who eats raw foods. We are a rare bunch. Its not to hard to notice a raw eater though because of the radiant skin. Anyway I discovered how they get the bee pollon from the bees and all. Real interesting.
Today I did the oil pulling and I think it is helping with the tooth pain. At least it is cleaning out the infected area. I think the water pick will be a great thing, Thanks prisim, I too hate tooth problems. Oh the pain....... Later I ate a really good tasting necterine. I munched on these really fresh carrots and they tasted so good I did'nt care if it made that tooth hurt. The carrots were so tinder and sweet. Now isnt that interesting how many vegetables are sweet? Maybe thats why we gravitate towards sugar when we ate the other way.

I got some stuff to make salsa and corn salad. I cant wait to hit the kitchen to get it made.

Anybody have any Ideas on what to eat with salsa?

I am hungry right now and need to get off this puter and get some food.

Happy eating all.................

Date: August 05, 2007 05:46AM

Well, the salsa really tasts good. I took some corn off its cob and I had some sundried tomato's I groung them in the coffee mill and mixed the corn with the tomato powder. I blended it all and wanted it crunchy so I put it in my dehydrator. My dehydrator has a fan and blows the hot air all around it I don't have any teflon sheets but I found some parshement paper that I hope will be the same. I had to cut a hole in the center to let the hot air flow better. I also sliced some potatoes and wanted to dry them for some potatoe chips. Any way my salsa wad done and the corn was'nt I checked it and it was thick kind of like corn pudding. so I scooped some off the parchement sheet and added some salsa with it. It was soooooooo tasty. I have been eating things as they are without spices and other fancy things. It is such a flavor buzz to eat something like this.
I later munched on some cherries and a couple of dried bananas.

Todays food intake
am. swooshed oil for 20 minutes
a large necterine
about four small carrots (real tasty ones)
dried bananas and a couple apples (I had to clean out the dehydrator)
Had to take two advil for tooth pain
After making salsa I had about a cup of it just plain
I had some more salsa with the corn pudding stuff it was real good
had a boul of cherries.

I think that is about all I ate today. I am stuffed

It is surprising that I don't need so much food now. I was with my oldest daaughter this morning and she was moaning about being so hungry and that she did'nt eat in the morning and just had to get something in her stomach. I use to feel that way. I would get so week and dizzy if I went to long without food. Now I can go for all morning and into the afternoon without eating food and not feel adverse reactions from it. I do get real hungry at times but it is not like when I was eating cooked foods. I don't get those low blood sugar drops and the feelings of grouchyness because of being hungry. I feel free in a way and in a more control of my hunger desires. What a wonderful way to live.

Current Page: 4 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables