Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How fast can it cure acne?- Newbie here!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 11, 2008 10:31PM

Hi there!

I'm a newbie to the world of raw foodist-ness with a few questions. Mainly: how long it may take to clear mild to severe acne?

I was on accutane, but my doc took me off it because I wasn't responding. (after 4 months). I've dealt with this for a long time now, its getting so frusterating to the point where I cry.
Unfortunatley the doc put me other an antibiotic that I had been on before for 4 years. Although it did clear my face (at the time) as soon as I was taken off it my face broke out like crazy. it wasnt this bad before but it pissed me off because although the meds worked it was merely a suppressant.
Although I'm still on the meds (deoxycyline to be precsise) I told my dermatologist I was thinking about going raw because I heard it was good for acne*. He said it was a good idea too.

I'm trying/ doing my best, but I'm not exactly 100% i.e: I still drink Silk Soy Milk, (store bought) natural peanut butter (only nuts and salt in the ingredients), and the occasional wheat free razberry fig bars I got at the health food store that are made of all natural ingreidients. Pretty much all fruit. there SO good XD
-Thats good right? Will i still see response?

I'm so afraid of getting deep scarring from my acne. :-/ Does being raw help with markings left behind?

If you had problems with acne, how long was it before you cleared up?

Just out of curiosity is Sushi allowed? If it doesn't have rice, like the sushi salad wraps? (Tapioca wrap, cucumber, salmon, crab, avocado, carrots)

I'm also slightly confused on oatmeal. I thought if you soak it its fine, but I read some recipes where peole said "I made this to replace oatmeal, when I was craving it". -- Why?
And pearled barley soakage- is that ok?

-*side note: the more I read into the raw diet the more excited I got. it seems to have so many benificial qualities! And I don't have to worry as much about counting calories. But I still do-- hard habbit to break/ still nuerotic! heh

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How fast can it cure acne?- Newbie here!
Posted by: sweetlime ()
Date: May 12, 2008 01:46AM

When I turned vegan I started eating a lot of soy products and ignored the information on how bad soy is. Well I also ended up with acne for the first time in my life. I`d really substitute soy milk with almond or something more nutritious. Have you tried green smoothies? They are supposed to be fab for evertything including acne. smiling smiley

Posted by: uma ()
Date: May 12, 2008 03:06AM

Try searching the archives for threads about acne. I've posted some personal experiences of mine and others have too.

You can definitely heal your acne, without drugs which just decrease your overall health anyways. You are on the right track. Not just the food though, acne is related to emotions too.

I played with raw for years before I finally did it in a way that allowed my acne to heal. Hopefully by coming to this board and asking these questions you will get to skip some of those long fruitless trials! smiling smiley

Love,
Uma

Posted by: RawBetty ()
Date: May 12, 2008 04:14AM

Check out the book "The Clear Skin Diet" by Logan & Treloar. Very informative!

I have eliminated all dairy from my diet, including raw cheeses, and my skin is much, much clearer and less oily.

Best of luck to you!! I have struggled with the same problem for years and have determined that I do not digest dairy very well and hence I have always had skin problems. No one ever had clued me into this connection.

Peace.

Posted by: Context ()
Date: May 12, 2008 04:21AM

go on a raw mucousless diet and your acne will go away... that means no animal products in your body

aswell your scars will heal if it has the resources to do so, after healing what is most vital

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 12, 2008 05:33AM

Keep in mind that it may take time to reverse long-standing trends. Due to the throwing off of toxins and excess material or 'detox', skin....energy levels...etc., CAN be worse initially. This is a reality of changing one's diet that is often hyped down. Set YOUR raw goals (with timetables) and keep them! Power to you.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables