Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Vita Mix vs. a juicer
Posted by: Leesah ()
Date: May 12, 2008 08:54PM

What are the main differences between juicing and mixing in a Vita Mix? I know that juicing leaves less fiber in the end product. Are there other differences?

My fiancee will not use a juicer b/c he says its important to get the fiber. To me, the juice tastes much better without the "foamy" fiber texture.

Your insights would be appreciated!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vita Mix vs. a juicer
Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: May 12, 2008 09:02PM

Juicers separate the juice from the fiber, you are left with the juice
Vita-mix(blenders) keep it all together. The high power of a vitamix turns almost anything into a liquid, although not quite the same as a juicer in consistency.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2008 09:03PM by tanawana.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: May 12, 2008 09:25PM

A Vita-Mix makes what is called Total Juice. It includes all the produce in an easily assimilable form. Juicing has it's place, but Blending is much better....WY

Posted by: sweetlime ()
Date: May 12, 2008 09:50PM

Love the Vitamix-get all the fiber, plus it`s so easy to make and clean up!

Posted by: Context ()
Date: May 12, 2008 10:15PM

i think it depends what your going for. I mean, alot of people dont eat in the morning. And from the texts I have read, eating all the food for the day in a 1-6 hour time frame is really healthy. So if you gotta have something outside of that time frame then juicing would be good, but if your gonna have something inside of it, then blending is the way to go. Juicing is also great for fasting.

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: May 12, 2008 10:47PM

We use teh vitamix daily but the juicer only once a week or even longer... Smoothoes made with vtamix are like a whole meal. So anytime, vita-mix is better than juicer IMO.

take care
A Iyer

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: May 13, 2008 12:27AM

The two are very different. I enjoy both but not usually in the same day. There are days when I crave juice and other days when I crave something like salsa made in my K-Tec. Think of the difference between sauce and juice. The sauce is more akin to the blended soups and the juice is liquid only.

Juices are greatly for a high dose of nutrients very quickly. The blended stuff is more like chew-work. In the beginning, b/c of TMJ, I couldn't eat enough salads/soups to keep me nutritionally satisfied. That's where the juices came in. For example, imagine eating 1.5-2 lbs of carrots in one meal. You can do that if you juice the carrots. I couldn't imagine chewing that much all day let alone in one meal.

Good luck. Therese

Posted by: Keepitsimple3344 ()
Date: May 13, 2008 01:40AM

I am looking into the same thing so your not alone. I do have a Champion and use it every day for carrot juice a tomatoe and an apple.

I would like to invest in a vita mix but I am unsure which to buy. I dont know what my future holds with eating a very,very high percentage of raw but I do know I will always use my juicer and I am just about positive it would be the same thing with a good blender.There is a part of me that has always eaten healthy and now I am slowly evolving.

They r pricey and I hear so much data.
Good Luck and let me know if you buy a vita mix and if so which one.

Posted by: Leesah ()
Date: May 13, 2008 03:54PM

Thanks for the info everyone!

I think I will just stick with the Vitamix and thicker, fibrous smoothies!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables