Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Tropicana Orange Juice
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 18, 2008 10:00AM

I just wanted to share my recent experience with everyone just in case someone gets into a situation and is wondering the possibilities. I haven't had juice in like a month(of any type). The last was Cranberry, but last night I was leaving a party and the closest thing to where I was had to be a poison store. Everything was cooked and/or processed, so I just picked up an orange juice. The label scared me from the start... Juice was from concentrate then it said Natural Flavorings*, and *Flavors not found in regular orange juice. But I hadn't taken in any liquid for a couple of hours. Overall I drunk the juice, and both of my legs went into crazy cramp sessions, and I won't be drinking juice from concentrate ever again, if I even drink juice. Oh and my legs still hurt.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tropicana Orange Juice
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 18, 2008 11:14AM

Wow. Yes. Don't EVER expect processed foods to have what YOU need. Don't leave your health in the hands of a manufacturer! LOL. I'm glad you're ok!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: May 18, 2008 09:17PM

I know it's not raw, but in the UK, the standard cartons of tropicana orange juice (not the weird special editions, which do have flavourings, pectin etc) aren't from concentrate and are 100% juice (albeit pasteurised).

I have been duped by 'natural flavourings' before! Makes my allergies flare up.

Posted by: mrdc ()
Date: May 20, 2008 05:01AM

i've had not from concentrate tropicana many times.
no adverse affects

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: May 22, 2008 12:02PM

I never drank the Tropicana concentrate but I drank the carton stuff and never had any problems. I wonder what those extra flavoring ingredients were.

Posted by: lemoned ()
Date: May 22, 2008 06:27PM

eek, that stuff gives me sour stomach

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: May 24, 2008 11:18AM

What is sour stomach?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables