Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
SpectraCell/Blood Update
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 27, 2008 01:37PM

For those keeping tabs here's an update on the latest blood analysis:

-Got the test results back on the nutritional blood analysis (SpectraCell)....with only minor deficiencies in Vitamin A (not enough canteloupe I guess), Vitamin D (too much time under the flourescent lights!) and something called Spectrox Total AntiOxidant Function (even though all the antioxidants listed were present in normal amounts). All other items were well within normal range.

-Items of note include normal B-12 readings, as well as normal blood glucose levels.

-I hope this information is helpful and informative....as perhaps the readings of a long term raw food vegan/fruit eater might be of interest to some.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SpectraCell/Blood Update
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 27, 2008 02:00PM

Thanks David.

For these items listed ,could you provide your values vs what they consider normal range? I suspect not much difference.

I also suspect that there may be a problem with thei total Aox function calculation. Another poster here also had an off reading.

Could you also provide your normal results with values? Thanks. Inquiring minds want to know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2008 02:00PM by arugula.

Posted by: Soraya ()
Date: May 27, 2008 02:02PM

Thanks for posting this; I knew that they would be good, but it's good to to see - especially the normal B-12 readings (for the naysayers,etc) out there. What kind of feedback have you gotten from Dr. Clement about the results?

Very helpful info; thanks for being willing to step up to the challenge and be put under a microscope, so to speak!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2008 02:04PM by Soraya.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: May 27, 2008 02:03PM

Thanks David.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: May 27, 2008 02:06PM

I was hoping this diet would turn my blood to guacamole. tongue sticking out smiley

Thanks! That's awesome about the B12. You said it was about (trying to recall) seven years since you've supplemented?

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: May 27, 2008 02:48PM

So, if I understood the purpose of this in the first place was partly or mainly due to Brian Clements challenge to high fruit eaters - Does he have a response to this at all??

Date: May 27, 2008 02:54PM

Yes Phantom....about 7-8 years...at least...since I supplemented (and that was only a vegan chewable...heh..heh.)

-No, the results basically speak for themselves...and come with a little recommendation sheet on what to do to raise the deficient items. I'm not that concerned.

Lessee.....

It says: Patient Results vs. Reference Range

Vitamin D: 78 vs. >83% (about 5% off)
Vitamin A: 65 vs. >70% (about 5% off)
Total AntiOxidant Function: 36.0 vs. 39% (about 4% off)

(All other items were normal). B12 was 21 vs. >14%. Amino Acids were all normal....as were Calcium, Zinc, Copper, Magnesium, Glucose/Insulin Reaction, etc.

-I hope this is helpful. Thank you everyone for the nice feedback and support.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: May 27, 2008 03:12PM

Great!

F1

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 27, 2008 04:09PM

this is just so super fantastic! not that i'm surprised, for sure you seem to have mastered the "feel what you need to eat" mind set. i would be so interested in hearing what brian has to say about your results. i wouldn't be surprised if he amends his philosophy a bit. i do think the hippocrates diet is amazing for regaining lost health but all those sprouts, wheatgrass etc seem very much like therapy to me. once you are balanced just listening to what your body tells you will keep you in great shape i'm sure.

yay david!

Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: May 27, 2008 04:42PM

so what did Brian have to say?
what about his theory - sugar = death

Date: May 27, 2008 05:32PM

I fully support Dr. Clement. I agree that his diet would certainly be much more beneficial for many folks that are just starting out trying to improve their health.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: May 27, 2008 06:09PM

I wonder if he is planning to publically post the results and comment on it since it was a public invitation to take the tests.

Date: May 27, 2008 07:37PM

David, I think you should send an email to Luigi Fontana and describe to him your diet and give him all of your results and your vital stats. He has studied raw foodists in the past (now he is studying calorie restricted people) and I think he would be very interested in you. PM me if you want to contact him, or you can google for his email address if you want to contact him yourself.

Posted by: activeinternet ()
Date: May 27, 2008 07:43PM

Hello,
We will publish the comments. I'm still working on the video response. There is a response from the medical blood test and the spectracell test. I will go over the video response with David before it is published. I hope to get this done by the weekend.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: May 27, 2008 07:48PM

Wow -- great news, DZM! Makes me more confident in the direction I am heading concerning what I eat!

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: May 27, 2008 10:57PM

You live in sunny Florida and have a vitamin D deficiency?

Date: May 27, 2008 11:48PM

Thats the first thing that struck me too Lee lol

Glad to hear the results were so positive David!

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Date: May 28, 2008 12:23AM

Regarding D, some of the assays are not so great. There are various different quantities they could measure and some are more and some are less accurate. Also they keep raising the bar on best D serum levels. I don't think they've sorted it all out yet. It's the fad of the moment I think.

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: May 28, 2008 12:34AM

david, thank you for undergoing all of this so that all of us could benefit from the information. i know you never had a concern in your head for yourself, and your only motivation for being poked, jabbed, and run around the mulberry bush (twice!) was so that the concerns and worries of a lot of other people in this community could be put to rest.

i've said it before, i'll say it again. you rock.

Date: May 28, 2008 12:42PM

Thanks Maui. I appreciate your support (as always).

Lee: Even us sun-lovers are subject to the 'too many hours getty pasty under the flourescents in my office' syndrome! Ha! ha! It's all good.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: May 29, 2008 11:29AM

This is great news!!! Thanks so much for subjecting yourself to the testing and for sharing the results with all of us, David!

Lots of love to you,

Wendi
XOXOXO

p.s. Are you trying to catch some more rays now that you see you are low in D? ;-)

Date: May 29, 2008 12:11PM

You better believe it! I was out on the golf course and at the beach over Memorial Day....heh...heh. But I'll find a way to work it in during the work-a-day week. LOL. Where there is an intention - reality IS.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Jose ()
Date: May 29, 2008 01:47PM

Hey David,

well done on the tests. I'm certainly not an expert but I probably wouldn't worry about the slightly low vit. D values too much. If we assume some kind of correlation between the values in the blood and the stored quantities of vit. D in the body, it could very well just be a seasonal thing, as someone who does not supplement or ingest vit. D regularly would be expected to have the lowest stores around the time you took the test, mid spring (in the northern hemisphere). From here till mid fall the stores will replenish once more, and then diminish during the winter once again. So I would think that you took the test during your time of least vit. D stores, and for these minimum values to be only slightly lower than the normal range is very good I should think. As for vit. A (carotenes), I was slightly surprised at first, but it makes sense for reasons analogous to the vit. D situation. If you're eating mainly fruits that are in season (and not greens which might be more of a winter produce), it is pretty much only summer fruits such as cantaloupe, apricots, peaches, papaya, mango, etc... which are high in carotenes, so from a seasonal perspective it makes sense that the stores are lowest in mid spring as well. I would expect the values to soar after a summer of eating these fruits, and then a decline through the winter in a seasonal cycle. The fact that it was only slightly lower than "normal" at arguably the lowest point in the cycle doesn't sound too worrying.

Thanks for letting us know the results anyway, and glad to hear things are good!

Cheers,
J

Date: May 29, 2008 02:19PM

David, or anyone for that matter - I know I'm a broken record asking this butttt --->

Does anyone have a more detailed account of what Brian Clement advises to eat on a day to day??

I can't find this anywhere and am still curious since he seems to be on the low fruit side of the fence. Also, don't think I need to change or anything, just really am curious and it seems to be a guarded secret. :O)

Date: May 29, 2008 02:32PM

Here's a page from their website:

[www2.hippocratesinst.org]

-I'm sure you'll be able to get any answers you require. Dr. Clement and his team are very forthcoming.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: May 29, 2008 02:39PM

From the Hippocrates website, this is the kind of things that are on the program, which includes a sample of their daily menu.

[www2.hippocratesinst.org]

Cheers,
J

Date: May 29, 2008 02:40PM

Ooops, looks like David beat me to it smiling smiley

Posted by: blue_sky ()
Date: May 29, 2008 02:45PM

Hi David,

I'm so glad to know about your results. =)

Plus, I think that Jose has given a really detailed explanation of it. :-)

All the Best,
Wong

Date: May 29, 2008 02:55PM

I was aware of those links and thanks for listing anyhow :O)

Guess I was looking for more than a general listing of dishes. Alot of those I can't tell what's in them either.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 18, 2008 06:21PM

Did you get your protein levels checked or your hormone levels?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables