Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Problem with energy
Posted by: Weronika ()
Date: June 27, 2008 07:55PM

hi!

I hear alot about people having all this energy.

I guess Im in a detoxification phase or mayby I dont eat enough because I dont have the energy I need to have a normal life.

And I love to run, ride my bike, be outside and take walks etc... now I dont have the energy to do this as often as before.

I notice that Im very tired in the morning-it takes a long time for my bosy to wake up... and Im darker under the eyes than I was before. Its not that much that I sleep its more so that my body is tired.

I try to get of nuts also. I dont like have it feels to my body when I eat nuts.

My body feels best right now when I eat mono-meals. Right now Im eating alot of watermelons, cucumber, orange juice(pressed from 2 oranges).

Do anyone of you have any idea why this is? Have anyone felt like this? Im wondering if im doing something wrong. I thought the tiredness woul go over but up to now it hasnt.

Although when I do excercise I found it easier than when i was at a SAD diet. And I love that! But as I said I feel really tired especially the first part of the day. And of course I wish it wasnt so.

Today I eat mostly raw-mostly fruits. It happens when Im low in energy or very tired that I eat cooked food-like every 2nd week or something. Its more that I get a quik fix and then Im tired again of course (I try to avoid this of course).... What else... I have experimented with this lifestyle only some months going back and forth and for the last 1-2 months Ive been on mostly raw as I mentioned before.

By the way B12-do you take supplements or how do you get that into your diet?

I
Thanks for your responses
Weronika

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Problem with energy
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 27, 2008 08:03PM

I hear you.

My experience: Having TONS of energy.....after eating healthy for a time....is a myth and unfortunate. Many will actually experience LESS energy at first......ESPECIALLY if they try to change too quickly....as their body goes through detox.

Tip: Make changes more slowly...and a pace that allows you to retain sufficient energy.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: June 27, 2008 08:23PM

How you deal with stress/live your life, how you exercise, the company you keep, your past eating habits, etc can all have an effect on your "energy" at any given moment....personaly I don't believe in external energy sources.

F1

Posted by: Iboga ()
Date: June 28, 2008 03:29AM

It's takes awhile for your body to adjust to raw, and to heal. And for you to learn to listen to your body- intuitively balancing itself.

Dark circles under eye indicate mineral loss (organic sodium)..

Get lots of sleep! o2! h2o! sun! yoga/stretching..

Take advantage of your juicer!!

Posted by: Weronika ()
Date: June 28, 2008 05:24AM

Thanks so much for all your responses!

Perhaps the change is too quick... I just love raw food! But its good to know this... so I know its "normal" and nothing out of the ordinary when turning raw!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 01, 2008 09:13AM

i have posted this elsewhere but it is more relevant here.
believe it or not - rolled oats porridge flavoured with cinamon, vanilla, a teaspoon
of sugar or less and a pinch of salt makes a great breakfast and raises the energy
levels gradually should feel more energetic within two weeks i reckon. it sure helps me

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 01, 2008 11:57AM

fall in love

Posted by: Grayzie ()
Date: July 02, 2008 12:48AM

have more leafy greens

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: July 02, 2008 08:29PM

Iboga,

"Dark circles under eye indicate mineral loss (organic sodium)"

Can you tell me more? One thing I haven't kicked yet are my circles, and I do get bouts of organic sodium cravings (olives/celery/tomatoes).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables