Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

kimchee
Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 07, 2008 05:57PM

not considered raw right? i can`t get enough of the stuff. anyone know why i might be craving this stuff so badly?
patty

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: kimchee
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: July 07, 2008 06:02PM

It can be raw (that is not subjected to heat) but it certainly is not fresh. Could it be the salt or the chilis in the kimchee that is delighting your taste buds? Salt is very addictive.

There is no need to push foods away. If you stay raw, these foods will fall away all by themselves.

However, you can have an experience of not eating a food for a few months, just to cleanse your body of it, and then try it again afterward and see if you are still drawn to it.

Posted by: lemoned ()
Date: July 07, 2008 06:18PM

I used to be a kimchee connoisseur but after not eating it for a good 3 months, I've totally lost the taste for it! I was juice feasting at that time, and I've heard of a few die-hards who actually made kimchee juice!
Anyways, I was at a Korean restaurant with my family on the weekend and barely touched the kimchee there.

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: July 07, 2008 06:22PM

I have made kimchi twice in the past year being raw..I dont like it so much now..

easy to do though, can always do different spices/less salt

Date: July 07, 2008 06:57PM

I used to like it but now it just tastes off to me.

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: July 07, 2008 07:30PM

I was SO ADDICTED a little while back, I couldn't stop eating it (it is a superb source of vitamin K2), but I don't want to constantly eat spicy things... or especially salt. One of my goals.

So, one day, I went out, bought two quarts and tried to eat it all in a sitting. I got about 3/4 the way there and haven't wanted any kimchi since. angry smiley Bleugh!

I cooouuulllllddd try it again in a month or two and see how it makes me feel... but I've certainly been less bloated, craving less, and eating less without it. I think salt is responsible for these three things.

^And this was all with raw kimchi.

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 07, 2008 07:35PM

Bryan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Could it be the salt or
> the chilis in the kimchee that is delighting your
> taste buds? Salt is very addictive.

thanks bryan. i`m thinking maybe it IS the salt....in the SAD world i would choose salty over sweet ie chips over ice ream but in the raw world i like fruit more than vegees.....kinda strange....but then again if i`m not eating processed foods which are all heavily salted then maybe thats why i`m gravitating towards the kimchee?
patty

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables