Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Sungazing
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: July 13, 2008 03:43AM

Does anyone know anything about the acute physiology behind what ACTUALLY happens when a person sungazes? It popped up in something I THOUGHT to be unrelated when doing some research tonight... So now I want to know everything I possibly can.

Especially anything neuroendocrine-related...

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sungazing
Posted by: roadrunner ()
Date: July 13, 2008 03:57AM

www.solarhealing.com

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 13, 2008 11:58AM

I've completed the program - and met and spoke with Hira Manek. Feel free to ask me any questions about my experiences that you wish.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: happyway ()
Date: July 13, 2008 09:09PM

Did you find it beneficial?
Do you still do it?

Date: July 13, 2008 09:36PM

Yes and yes. I think it is a definite try it and see what you think scenario! Ha! ha!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: July 13, 2008 11:59PM

Wow, David!

I have a million questions, let's see... tongue sticking out smiley

What made you want to start? How did you start? How did you end up meeting Hira Manek? What physical/mental/spiritual effects did it have, if any? What would you recommend?

I was reading about Surya Yog last night, and I didn't really understand the significance of the coin on the forehead. =\ But the idea of building a relationship with the sun is really cool. I've sort of been doing that in my own way with my sunbathing--maybe it's time to fine-tune my practices.

Thanks! =D

Date: July 14, 2008 02:45AM

I'm really interested in this as well... can't wait to read Dave's responses

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Posted by: Duo ()
Date: July 14, 2008 05:18AM

Do you not eat? After completing the program, one should not, right?

.......I will read further, and maybe answer my own question...

I think people in Energy medicine must have a special connection with the sun, because of their ability to see color and auras. hmmmmmm i am intrigued

Date: July 14, 2008 11:28AM

Phantom: I started because I wanted more sun - and this seemed a great way to do it. It made so much sense, and it was a 'couldn't hurt' type scenario...you know? (unless you count the fire ants that seem to find you like radar!) winking smiley I met Hira Manek at RawSpiritFest in Sedona, and talked to him there....and at the airport before flying out. I mostly listened. I think effects CAN be very much as he described. I myself have experienced the ability to be less compelled to eat - and go for longer periods without eating...although not complete liberation from food (if you believe such a thing is possible). It's all about little steps.

Duo: There is no SHOULD. The whole purpose of ANY discipline should be (in my opinion) to liberate you to make the choices you wish. To do it or NOT do it. It is the COMPULSION / CONTROL that are the issues. In my personal experience, sungazing has given me much more freedom over those choices.

-I hope this answers SOME questions.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: July 15, 2008 12:45AM

ah should is a word that i have been easing out of my vocabulary, thank you for reminding me.

Do you believe it is possible?

Posted by: Joanne81 ()
Date: July 16, 2008 06:13PM

What is sungazing? It sounds like it would hurt my eyes.

Date: July 16, 2008 11:23PM

www.solarhealing.com

Date: July 16, 2008 11:35PM

Have you every watched the sunrise or sunset? It will certainly NOT hurt your eyes. But don't take my word for it. Do the research and try it at first dawn or sunset...and let me know. smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Joanne81 ()
Date: July 17, 2008 10:28AM

I watched the sunset yesterday and today just watched the sunrise on the beach. It did not hurt my eyes. This morning I stared it coming up from the horizon it was intense. I felt like I was going to cry and all my cells seemed to vibrate. When it rose it was hard to look at it directly, only in short glances, while bringing my eyes back and forth. Then I looked above it, but could see it in my peripheral vision pretty clearly. It was nice because watching the sun helped me to feel the earth’s movement and suddenly I felt in tune with everything. All the seagulls had reddish orbs around them.

Date: July 17, 2008 11:14PM

Good going! Just remember that it won't harm your eyes - and to get used to it.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: July 18, 2008 03:20PM

Be careful with sungazing. I harmed my eyes a number of years back when I tried it; many people, in fact, have experienced retinal damage and had to stop. (The effects healed, but I will never do it again.)

My take on sungazing is that it's unnecessary; you don't need to use your retinas to collect prana.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Itzdavey ()
Date: July 18, 2008 04:46PM

The sun is a very powerful meditation object whether you are looking at it or not. A brief look to assist in visualization is probably enough. In Buddhist meditation the sun is sometimes used as a visualization (after a brief look) to chase away "Sloth and torpor" which are hindrances to spiritual progress.

"Having given up sloth and torpor, he dwells free from sloth and torpor, in the perception of light; mindful and clearly comprehending, he cleanses his mind from sloth and torpor." (Digha Nikaya 2 - Samaññaphala Sutta "The fruits of a contemlitive life"winking smiley

No doubt the same benefit might come from staring at it, but IMO it's not necessary and potentially dangerous. I think most of the people that are getting the benefit are getting it from the meditative focus aspect and not from the sun itself.

-DaveK

Posted by: cy ()
Date: July 18, 2008 09:06PM

When I was 10 years old I heard a story that an American Indian did sungazing for a long period of time and died. I was in Brazil,and that got me into sungazing.I would look straight to the sun for one hour and that felt so good,so right. Someone in my family,I don't remember who,did scared me and I stopped for good.
Now I do it sometimes,and for me it's fine.I feel so much connection with the sun.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: July 19, 2008 02:29AM

Itzdavey--

>The sun is a very powerful meditation object whether you are looking at it or not. A brief look to assist in visualization is probably enough. In Buddhist meditation the sun is sometimes used as a visualization (after a brief look) to chase away "Sloth and torpor" which are hindrances to spiritual progress.<

Yes, that's my perspective on it too. I sometimes take a quick look right at the sun for just a brief second, but not for any extended period of time.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables