Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

rash after green smoothie
Posted by: claire ()
Date: July 23, 2008 09:16PM

hi all

Can anyone help.....I have been having green smoothies for breakfast recently and I keep getting a prickly kind of rash on my cheeks for about an hour afterwards!!!

Can't seem to pin it down to any one ingredient...once it was after apple, kale, green food powder, once after apple, parsley, green food powder, once after pear, spinach, green food powder. I have never had reactions with any of these ingredients before and I use them all regularly.

Has anyone else had anything like this?

thanks smiling smiley

Claire

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: rash after green smoothie
Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: July 23, 2008 09:34PM

If you haven't had reactions to these before, then it could be (just my opinion) detoxification. I have had nasty rashes when I detoxed. Som eof them baked my armpits and teh rashes were so red and terrible... If you can, try water fast. It will make the rash worse, but will heal it lot lot faster than anythign else.

Hope it helpssmiling smiley

Just my opinion.

Take care
A Iyer

Posted by: globalresult ()
Date: July 23, 2008 09:45PM

It was inside of you and now it is coming out. Thank God and your body for it coming out and not sitting inside ready to create more problems.

Why would you be using a green powder?

Posted by: sewraw ()
Date: July 23, 2008 10:46PM

Claire,

It is possible that the rash is due to the green food powder. Those contain tremendous amounts of wheat and other grains which can cause allergic reactions like you described.

I am curious too like globalresult about the reason for using green food powder. The purpose of a green smoothie is to increase your intake of greens in order to realize their benefits. There is no need for a green food powder. I would try the smoothie without the powder and see what happens.

Good luck.

Patty

Posted by: zella ()
Date: July 23, 2008 11:15PM

Yeah. No need for the powder. But I am thinking it might be something else if you have never had a reaction before.

Our world is loaded with irritants. We hardly know when we are being exposed to something. Or maybe your body is more sensitive now that you have been having raw foods and you need to get rid of some chemicals in your house.

I got to a point where I needed to get a water filter because I was becoming sensitive to the crap in the water.

Check your environment too is all I am saying.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: July 24, 2008 02:15AM

You are allegic to one or more of the components.

Break it down to pinpoint the culprit.

[apple, kale, green food powder]

[parsley, green food powder, once after pear, spinach, green food powder]

Green food powder is in both. Drop that one first.

Try apple and kale. If that doesn't work, try apple alone.

Then try kale alone.

Then try parsley alone.

Then try pear alone.

Then try spinach alone.

Allow at least 4 hours between each food. Eat them in quantities that you usually use in your smoothies.

I am guessing it's the green food powder, but I don't know for sure.

Posted by: claire ()
Date: July 27, 2008 07:20AM

Hi all

Thanks for the replies smiling smiley

It's not the green food powder...am still getting reactions without it!!!!

I really don't understand it, the other things I put in my smoothies are all foods I eat all the time with no problem at all.

I've just got a huge reaction off pineapple-spinach....I eat those ingredients all the time!

I wonder if it's a combining issue?

Or could it be that I usually get baby spinach and this is regular stuff?

I'm even wondering if the packaging could be affecting things - have changed supermarkets recently?

It's WEIRD!!!!

Will try isolating as arugula suggested...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2008 07:27AM by claire.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables