Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

dizziness
Posted by: yogi33 ()
Date: July 26, 2008 08:35PM

My mom and I have been 100% raw for nearly 30 days, however we both experience dizziness (not vertigo) when we bend down or get up too soon. Any helpful suggestions on the cause and cure?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: dizziness
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 26, 2008 08:39PM

BP readings?
Are you on any meds?

Brian

Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: July 26, 2008 08:49PM

i have that all the time but i have low blood pressure... and i know when you fast your blood gets thinner and without getting into to much descussion about the definition of what a fast is... you have cut out foods you are used to eating so maybe you blood is thinner... and your pressure is lower... so when you stand up you get dizzy... my usually thing is to find something or someone to hang onto until it passes... probably rest... and plenty of water is always good...

many blessings on your raw journey...

love laugh and dream
g

Date: July 27, 2008 01:37AM

Nope, we are healthy as horses smiling smiley don't even take aspirin

Date: July 27, 2008 01:39AM

that makes sense. my normal numbers are really low anyway, but with fasting I could see how it might go even lower Thanks!

Date: July 27, 2008 01:40AM

Normal readings are about 108 over 60 or 70. I have not checked it since fasting (raw fooding 100%)

Date: July 27, 2008 01:42AM

Normal readings are about 108 over 60 or 70. I have not checked it since fasting (raw fooding 100%) I will get on that!

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 27, 2008 01:56AM

Yes. Make changes more slowly....and do not fast until you have been living YOUR raw food goals for at least 6 months. Get plenty of rest....and light exercise during your active periods. Your symptoms are normal....in my experience.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: July 27, 2008 05:56PM

I also discovered that my MSM supplementation thins the blood! So, I will stop taking that and check it again. thanks for all of your help guys!

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: July 27, 2008 07:28PM

When bending and getting up, do it slowly. I fainted a couple of times during fasts due to dizziness.

I agree with Dave. You are detoxing too fast and need to take it slower. The detoxing is causing your body pH to go acidic too fast and that is causing dizziness. I've had this a number of times when I was fasting and when becoming raw. It was a friend of mine who didn't initially believe me and then experienced it himself. He was the one that tested his saliva and found that the pH was off and told me. He stopped the fasting and drank distilled water with lemon juice to get the pH back towards alkalinity and started to eat raw again to gain his equilibrium.

Also, after being raw about 2.5 years, my bp came down to 90/60, to that of a toddler. I don't consider it low. I consider it healthy. Before, my bp used to be in the "healthy" range of "120/70" or "100/70', etc. I was borderline high cholesterol, too.

Good luck. Therese

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables