Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Colonics.. they are BAD FOR YOU. Anyone agree???????
Posted by: teloking57 ()
Date: June 25, 2006 01:48AM

We all have our raw foods guru, mine is Ann Wigmore. Ann believed in colonics for those who were comfortable having them. I believe in what Ann taught. Had she not been killed I believe she'd be healthier than you all!!!! smiling smiley

I challenge anyone who is high raw to shoot some live wheatgrass juice up their ass and see what comes crawling out!!!
smiling smiley

Wheatgrass, it does a body good!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 25, 2006 08:05AM

I love your eloquence Terri. smiling smiley

I just might do that.

Posted by: singinraw ()
Date: June 25, 2006 03:30PM

Hi Terri,
I love the way you put that. I had wheatgrass up my ass on friday and while nothing crawled out cause I think it crawled out along time ago, lol!! I can sure always feel the benifit of the chlorophyllic magic as my colon is bathed in it.

See you have just found the best way to follow the old saying "if you can't say anything nice, don't say it at all" See now if anyone pisses you off just turn around and say to them "oh go stick some wheatgrass up your ass", hahahaha and hey really you are saying something nice!!!!, smiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smiley...................although if there just regular SAD eaters there's a chance they may not see it that way, lol!!

Posted by: teloking57 ()
Date: June 26, 2006 02:18AM

it gives a whole new meaning to when my dad used to say someone had a bug up their ass. ahhahahahahah

Wheatgrass, it does a body good!!!

Posted by: phytoangel ()
Date: June 26, 2006 10:32PM

For those of you who don't agree with colonics, have you all been raw all of your lives?

Think about what you used to eat. Mucoid plaque builds up in our bodies since infancy. Have you had milk before? Have you eaten sugars and processed flours? I am sure that most of us have.

So, even though we strive for a perfect diet now, it doens't mean that the body has taken care of all of our past problems. I have been eating well for a long time, and everytime I fast/cleanse I still remove more mucoid plaque. Yes, it is in all of us.

Someone else mentioned Richard Anderson, check out some of his books and he'll tell all of you skeptics what you don't want to hear. And just because a doctor says that they don't see the plaque doesn't mean a thing. John Wayne's colon weighed about 75lbs during his autopsy. Do you all think that this was what it should weigh?

Just some input! We all have our oppinions and the beauty of living is being your own guide. Go where you desire and don't worry about being a follower. There are a million theories out there and you don't have to believe in all of them.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: June 27, 2006 03:46AM

No, I have not been raw all of my life. Still, I do not like colonics. I've had them in the past and I simply don't like them. I consider them too drastic on my inside. I firmly believe that my body will take care of itself in adequade time. I don't feel the need to speed up anything.

I agree. If one wants to do colonics, feel free. But telling others that they should too is going too far, in my opinion. Afterall, what goes in my "end", is up to me, isnt' it? smiling smiley

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2006 03:54AM by rawgosia.

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: June 27, 2006 12:27PM

Rawgosia,

Perhaps you believe a colon cleanse is too drastic on your system because of how clogged it is. Cleansing the body is not all together pleasant but the end result is worth the journey. This is why the Dr. Natura products have been so pleasant. It's about the only product line that hasn't bothered my system. Just curious but, are you saying that Dr. Norman Walker, who lived to be 108, was wrong about all the books he wrote advocating colonics and colon care? Just think, if zymitol and vitalzym were around when the good doctor was living - he might still be around. I really encourage you to rethink this. The body will only cleanse itself with many, many fasting sessions. I'm talking pure water fasts. Paul Bragg wrote about this in the Miracle of Fasting. The body will not cleanse itself and purify the colon just because you have gone raw. I have been a vegan for twenty years. I thought, for most of that time, that my colon must be clean. Boy, was I in for a shocker. I went raw two years ago and started doing colonics. What came out would make even the most ardent meat eater rethink his diet. Just some food for thought.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: June 27, 2006 10:54PM

Marcos, what I am saying is that I am happy for others to believe what they do and do colonics if they wish. I am not interested in trying to change other people minds on this. I ask for the same. I can only repeat what I already said. I do not like colonics and I am not planning on having them. I do not believe that I need to. I do believe that my body will take care of itself. Please please do not try to encourage me otherwise. I find it annoying in the light that I clearly expressed my opinion. I hope that you know what I mean. smiling smiley

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2006 10:58PM by rawgosia.

Date: June 28, 2006 12:10AM

Gosia,

I will not try to change your mind. I simply hope and pray that your colon clears and purifies itself or your life may be decreased by years simply because you "didn't like how colon hydrotherapy felt".

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: June 28, 2006 12:25AM

Marcos,

and I am asking you to stop praying for my colon. Thank you kindly. smiling smiley

Gosia.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: June 28, 2006 05:52AM

Gosia,

The reason you are Marcos not connecting in your communications is because the two of you are experiencing a different reality with regards to how the raw diet works for you and Marcos, and the difference of the way you both feel with just diet alone (ie no colonics), and the differences of your beliefs systems.

For Gosia, she feels good without the colonics.

For Marcos, if he doesn't have a colonic, he doesn't feel good.

Gosia doesn't believe she needs colonics to feel good or be healthy.

Marcos believes he needs colonics to feel good and to be healthy.

Gosia gets to be right for Gosia,

Marcos gets to be right for Marcos.

Someone eating a raw diet like Gosia will have the same tendencies and feeling about the need for colonics as Gosia has.

Someone eating a raw diet like Marcos will have the same tendencies and feeling about the need for colonics as Marcos has.

Date: June 28, 2006 12:35PM

Bryan,

I have a lot of respect for you but your post was quite presumtious.

First, I don't feel I need colonics to be healthy, I know it. I have read countless books and tried many things. Remember, 20 years as a vegan is pretty darn good especially considering I was half raw and didn't even know it. During this time I had regular bowel movements but most were thin and the water was often cloudy. My diet, for most of my vegan life, consisted of lots of fresh fruit, healthy, organic veggies and a limited amount of bread and/or flour products. Now, one would think that during this time I'd have an incredibly healthy colon. So did I. When I went raw I did no cleansing for the first 8 months or so because I didn't believe I needed to. Then someone told me about the optimalhealthnetwork and healthandyoga.com. My first initial step in cleansing was to buy a jala neti pot which I swear by now. Most people have lots of mucus in their nasal passages and this is the easiest way of clearing the head, which in turn creates a clearer self. Next, I bought a colon can, stainless steel. I used this once or twice with favorable results and then made an appointment with a professional center. Everything I was doing with my own enema was done correctly and the specific yoga pose promised me that I would clean the full colon. Well, when I went for my first colonics, which Mike Nash (Agressive Health) is an advocate of as well, I was shocked at what came out. Long rubbery strands that seemeded neverending. Also, lots of black, hard material and parasites too.

Recently, I started taking Dr. Natura. Someone on this site recommended it and I thought I'd give it a try. So far, it's been close to a month. Everyday, I get excited to see, what would not be passing naturally on a raw diet, lots of rubbery material, eggs sacs of parasites, intestinal worms, and the list goes on. I have been partnering this with weekly enemas and the results have been even greater.

So you see, colonics are an important part of my life. Dr. Norman Walker advocated them and I'm going to follow someone that already established a blue print.

The long and short of what you wanted to say, but could have been said differently, is that Gosia and I are two different people with different opinions about colonics. We both knew this but your message was a tad insulting to me. However, this is a chat board and I'm not going to get upset over a post. I know what you were trying to say and it just came out a little differently from your thoughts than it would have come from mine.

Peace,

Marcos

Re: the mucoid plaque myth
Posted by: cfd7f ()
Date: June 28, 2006 02:42PM

Greenie,

I ahve to disagree with your rationale here -- of course the colons look pink and clean that these clinicians have seen -- do you know the colon cleansing that goes on before you have a colonoscopy or surgery dealing with the colon? Laxatives, enemas, all sorts of things to make sure that it is pink and squeaky clean. Thus, if there were mucus plaque, it would have been flushed out by the preparation process for the proecedures. THat being said, I don't buy into the whole colonics thing -- I think it is SO unnatural, and makes no sense to me who eats in a way that is supposed to mirror our natural human diet -- you didn't have early man pushing water up his butt, and I don't either! But, as I always say, to each his (or her) own.

Raw Daddy -- livin' raw and lovin' it

Posted by: gadjoemi ()
Date: June 28, 2006 03:32PM

I am not a big emena fan (I just can't buy the idea but maybe someday I might try!) but I am VERY curious about Dr. Nature. Is Dr. Nature considered raw? Is is also considered colonics we are talking about here?

I have had years of constipation problem, and thanks to this site, I got some great tips on how to be better! And it is this very site that also provides me with lots of other info regarding constipation and the way to treat it.

Can anyone share some experience with Dr. Nature?

Thanks!

Date: June 28, 2006 05:55PM

Ahh, you mean Dr. Natura [www.drnatura.com]. It is the best colon cleansing program that I have found but, I wouldn't call it raw. Most colon programs are not. That said, we still need to cleanse the colon. What I like most about the program is that the creators of this colonix program thought of everything. It includes Paranil (the parasite formula), colonix (colon program), and Kleri Tea(to drink before bed). The entire program is recommended for three months for first timers. It's very easy to do. You start the day with the Paranil taken with water. This is followed within 10 minutes by the colonix. Of course, you need to be drinking lots of water. I'm a huge advocate of the watercure. You can get more info on Dr. Batman and all his incredible work by going to [www.watercure2.com] or [www.watercure.com].

Peace,

Marcos

Date: June 28, 2006 11:21PM

Today I read an interesting article:

DO COLONICS SPEED HEALING?
2004 Nora Lenz
[www.rawschool.com]

Some quotes are below, but I recommend reading the complete article, which fullly explains the issue.

"Although colonic hydrotherapy is as much a symptomatic approach to disease as drugs, herbs and surgery, many people who acknowledge the harm of suppressing symptoms with these other methods nevertheless accept the idea that flooding our colons with water can aid or hasten healing. The popularity of this potentially harmful procedure even among health-savvy raw fooders is due in part to the fine job the colonics industry has done of conjecturing and misusing the facts in order to sell its services."

"Many mistaken ideas regarding the lower intestinal region of our bodies are promulgated by advocates of colonics and purveyors of other "colon health" products. There is much to be gained by perpetuating the notion that our colons are impacted, filthy cesspools. The idea that our bodies are filthy inside unless they've been artificially flooded with water is purely an invention of someone's mind, and reflects a hostile attitude toward the body. The truth is, if you could see the inside of your colon it would look like a smooth, pinkish, soft muscular membrane somewhat similar to the lining of your throat or mouth. If you are afflicted with a digestive disorder like colitis or IBS, you can visualize your colon as you would imagine the inside of your throat if it was sore and tender."

"Testimonials from people who believe they have been "helped" by colonics can be a powerful persuader. Ask 100 people who have used colonics how they feel about it and you'll get 100 stories of how colonics helped them "heal". People want their actions to align with their beliefs, and vice versa. So, they allow themselves to be convinced that colonic irrigation is helpful to the body, in the same way that chemotherapy survivors believe they were "healed" by toxic chemicals. Those who subject their bodies to colonics don't realize that the pain they might feel during the procedure is the body's way of warning them that sensitive tissues are being disturbed and irritated. More importantly, they have no way of knowing how quickly they would have healed without the procedure, how much damage it may have done, and in fact how much longer their bodies took to heal because of the colonics. It also needs to be remembered that people who claim to have been helped by colonics also tend to concurrently change their lifestyles. It is these changes that deserve the credit when they experience subsequent improvements in health, not the colonics."

Enjoy,
Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: June 29, 2006 12:09AM

I totally disagree with that article on several points. First, it is the same article that started this entire thread and I've yet to see an author's name with any backed up facts and references. Second, Dr. Walker made many references to the healing process that occurs with colonics and states that the feeling one is experiencing is living tissue awakening for the first time. Yes, I am paraprhasing but this is the gist of what he said or how his comments appeared to me. This makes complete sense because if you have two to three inches of mucoid plaque lining the colon then you cannot possible experience real health. Any supplements, digestive enzymes, natural foods, etc. are all for naught because the body struggles to pass them through the long and winding colon to the stomach. Often, many people have blockages and, as a result, have very muddy looking stools. Mucoid plaque does not disolved on it's own. Paul Bragg, the noted health pioneer, commented on how he had done a 60 day fast when he passed a bunch of mucoid plaque and a silver looking product. He guessed that this silver was from medicine he had taken as a child. So, without fasting and colonics, of which he was also a big supporter, the healing that occurred would not have taken place. Years of fasting must occur on a purely raw diet for the mucoid plaque to pass out of the system. When it does people feel lighter, have more energy and notice an immediate improvement in their skin tone, texture, and weight. Now, going back to John Wayne who died of colon cancer and had something like 75lbs of crap in his colon upon his death. Imagine how much you raw fooders that refuse to do any kind of cleansing must be carrying. Yes, those of you that won't do sole, refuse to follow the watercure, and will not purify the organs that give you life can't put your finger on why your skin is not perfect, why you can't get rid of those 5 or 10 lbs, why you feel thirsty but, of course, it can't be that I actually might have to drink water or do something else to make my otherwise nicer body be happy. Of course not. Well, keep dreaming. The info and tools are here. I know many natural hygienists that are stricter in diet than most of us that swear by colonics. Why? Well, it's because they know they have a lifetime of damage to undo and heal and this healing doesn't simply occur like an immaculate conception. We have the tools and the knowledge to live longer, be stronger and have fuller lives. Will you choose mediocrity or will you choose greatness that only occurrs when a body is pure of virtually all toxins and can then use the greater of it's power for meditation with the almighty? The choice is yours!

Peace,

Marcos

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: June 29, 2006 12:17AM

I don't see what sticking things up your ass has to do with the raw vegan life style.

Date: June 29, 2006 12:24PM

Sodoff,

This thread should have been posted in "other health related" forum. Unfortunately, I can't move it since I'm not the originator. Anyway, colonics are a bigger part of a raw fooders lifestyle because, for us, it's all about being clean inside and out.

Peace,

Marcos

Posted by: Ally ()
Date: June 29, 2006 10:18PM

I agree with rawgosia and cfd7f. I don't go for the colonics thing either. Colonics seem extreme and unnatural to me. If anyone else wants to do one or many that's OK. But for me, I really don't think I'm headed for an early grave just because I don't do colonics (I'm shooting to reach a hundred and twenty). smiling smiley

When I first read Arnold Ehret's books and decided to transition, I did some enemas that brought out a lot of strings of weird stuff. I'm glad I got that stuff out, so I'm open to the possibility that an OCCASIONAL enema (but not colonic) might be OK.

The next time I water fast I might try an enema (but not until at least 36 hours into the fast), to help bring out accumulated stuff. When I've tried enemas more regularly without fasting, my body has become somewhat dependent on them.

Good discussion.

-Ally

PS to Teloking: I think your quote above was that Ann (Wigmore) believed in colonics for those "who were COMFORTABLE with them". Maybe that implies that Ann believed that if you're not comfortable with them, it's OK not to do them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2006 10:29PM by Ally.

Posted by: judes ()
Date: June 29, 2006 10:51PM

in my opinion getting a colonic or an enima sounds disgusting
eating raw fruits and vegitables does not sound
disgusting in fact it sounds and feels good.
if you can find maybe video ar eye witnes evidence
that healthy wild animals naturally give each other
colonics after eating raw foods or that horses
somehow get grass the hard way that would be an
amazing scientific discovery. i think primates can
be perfectly healthy on a fruitarian or raw vegi
diet just don't start throwing yer poo

Date: June 29, 2006 11:08PM

another thing to think about....
i read people saying that they want to be as healthy as
they can when they get to be 100 years old or more.
they are willing to make sacrifices like getting
colonics, or other wierd things now so that they
will feel cleaner later. maybe you should focus on
feeling good now. eating fresh fruit and vegitables
makes me feel good now. and trying to predict the
age at witch you die sounds stressfull and is just
another thing to worry about. if I make it to be really
old I want to look back and say that it was worth it.
not that i spent 1 or even 2 days a week going to a
place that has whatever machinery is nessary for
a colonic. waiting in line ,or whatever waiting room
reading some out of date magazine. if you think that
is a fair trade, ok go for it.
i eat healthy to avoid places like that.

Date: June 30, 2006 01:18AM

judes,

I think you are misinterpreting everything that all of us have been trying to say. First, we are all concerned with health overall. Health in this point is extremely important to raw foodists. That's why many of us made the transition. However, for me, it was a natural transition since I had avoided the SAD lifestyle for over twenty years. I had heard of natural hygiene but knew it wasn't for me. When I finally discovered that I could be healthier than I could ever conceive I made the switch overnight, just as I had done when I became a vegan.

Now, continuing with your comments, some of the healthiest folks on earth, with lower risks for cancer, heart disease, etc. are advocates of colonics. I speak not of the himalayas but of the country of India. No, there aren't many raw foodists there but the culture all believe in harmony through balance and balance through internal conditioning. East Indians have always been more progressive than Americans when it comes to health and internal cleansing. The neti pot, for example, dates back hundreds of years, and exists in virtually every home in india. Why, because most believe that it is all part of balancing the psyche. Colonics are also a big part of their lives. No, not expensive colema boards but enema bags and hoses. So, I myself clean my nose daily with my jala neti pot, follow the watercure that was created by Dr. Batmanghelidj, practice colonics regularly and exercise daily on my rebounder. I combine this with holosync technology and can go into a meditative state as deep as a tibetan monk within minutes, regularly practice the genius code, photoreading, power vocabulary, flex effect, rebounding, calisthenics, and do anything I can to enhance myself as a better person. So, I eat a healthy diet to stimulate my mind and body to greatness but also clean it with colon products and hydrotherapy so that the food I introduce to that truly magnificient device the Almighty has created may benefit from it. In turn, I give it the same respect as to unpollute it from the toxins, pollution, and constant negative ions by fasting, colonics and colon products. For me, it does a body good. For those of you that can't understand this, well, I'm very sorry. I'm sorry that you will never experience the same level of cleanliness inside or outside that only comes from purifying the body. See, Dr. Walker knew this and so did Ann Wigmore. She believed that everyone could benefit from colonics but knew that not everyone would be brave enough to actually do them because it is a discipline and only through some discomfort can true health be realized. Just eating raw foods does not clean the colon. Look at your stool and judge for yourself. Is it think and scraggly or is it thick like a log. Is the water cloudy or does it have a cloudy film on it? Do you see parasitic eggs or tapeworms being expelled through your waste? If not, they are thriving on the mucoid plaque in your colon and producing thousands of babies everyday to undermine your health.

So, that's it for me. Do what you want. Nora is not a nutritionist and has only been a raw foodist for a few years. She was an academics assistant at a Naturopath School. Funny that she writes articles with no scientific backing or intensive research. In fact, she lived a sad diet for years above and beyond me. Yes, she has the right to write whatever she likes but, much of what she writes is from her own perspective. It has no conclusive backing. Does that make me more of an expert because I've was vegan for five years when she read the Diamonds book? No, but it has given me over twenty years to educate and read every book I can about becoming healthier and reaching a state of total balance with my body and the earth. Funny but, everytime I cleanse I find myself more a part of mother earth. So, my recommendation to you all is to read, read, read. Not everything you do for yourselves to become healthier is going to be pleasant initially. Heck, you had perfect health when you were a child. It takes a lot to undo it. So, educate by reading that those who journeyed long before you and lived, long, prosperous lives did to achieve a perfect balance of long lividness and spiritual harmony. The path has already been created. All you have to do is follow. For those who do, there is a life of extraordinary health and wellness awaiting you as it did Norman Walker and Ann Wigmore. For those that don't, well you must do what is right for you. Sorry that you became weak and scared of a little discomfort when you went raw. I'll bet you would do anything when you were a kid and repeat it many times, regardless of whether it made you feel good or not. Smoking is a perfect example. Only that doesn't offer good health. It's nasty and burns the throat and lungs. Colon care can only help the organs to function the way they are intended by getting all the guck out of the way that you put there in the first place.

Peace,

Marcos

Date: June 30, 2006 01:43AM

ok Marcos the Indian people, Hindus especially
are some of the healthiest eaters on the planet
this I know, and this pot you speak of is new
to me is it some kind of steam therepy like a sauna

as far as hindu colonics go that i can't believe
is there archeological evidance of 5000 year old
enima bags and sphinkter tubes, or is that a more
recent ,last 100 years or so, thing. maybe i'm wrong
about the origins of all this "in the wrong end" stuff
maybe the ancients knew more than we give them
credit for. but i think it is a modern intention
whitch doesn't mean it doesn't work. but saying
that people is india do it makes it sound like
it is time tested. Yes you can do that and live
to be very old but i suspect that those people
108, 115, years that some people on this site
put blind faith is, because they got old. also
ate good diets and that ,more than the other
contributed to their good health and long livedness.

Date: June 30, 2006 02:36AM

To me, badly constructed time-related argument is irrelevant. 1) Some people can take many years to read many books and still not learn. It is the ability to make discoveries and intelligent connections that matters. These happen instantly. 2) There are quite a few over 100 year-old folks who eat meat and drink alcohol. This does not prove that eating meat and drinking alcohol will ensure living beyond a 100. 3) If a person discovers that staying healthy is effortless when one follows the nature, this, to me, is the real intelligence.

smiling smiley,
Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: June 30, 2006 05:04AM

Judes,

I agree with you about the colonics (just my personal view). But I wanted you to know that I don't find it stressful at all to think I'll live to be 120!

I've got a pretty good shot at it because I'm already almost half way there, and I'm feeling really good.

The main reason I'd like to live a long life is so I'll always be here for my son who I'm hoping will live to 100! I have a bet going with him about it. He has to live to 100 before either of us can collect on the bet. I think we bet 5 dollars, but I'm not sure. In fact, now that I have a grandson, I might decide to live even longer, so I can be here for my grandson until HE's 100!

But then, if I don't make it, that's OK too. It won't kill me (cause I'll already be dead, hm).

I just simply don't expect to be a burden on anyone as I age. Why should I? Sometimes the things you expect to happen, DO happen, just because you expect them to.

I don't think my lofty ambitions will distract or prevent me from being focused NOW on eating right. In fact, I figure that if I eat right AND DO right, the long life will come by itself (unless I get in a car wreck or fall off a cliff or drown or something).

An enema is not the same thing as a colonic. In my previous post I said I "MIGHT" try an enema the next time I water fast. Since I don't know when or even IF I will ever do a water fast again, and since I've never tried an enema during a water fast, I certainly can't ENDORSE it, and it was not my intention to do so.

I would only try it as a personal experiment to see if an enema could help ease the fast. I don't think anyone can expect that their fasts would be at all times perfectly comfortable, so a little assistance MIGHT not be a bad thing. I haven't tried it during a fast, so I DON'T KNOW.

I DO know that FOR ME, a regular enema is out of the question for reasons stated in my previous post. And FOR ME, a colonic is not something I care to even try, and I'd rather spend the money to feed my fruit trees.

Good discussion everybody on a very personal subject!

Best wishes, -Ally

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2006 05:18AM by Ally.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: June 30, 2006 05:26AM

Marcos,

I did not intend to offend or to belittle or to insult you with my post that you called "presumptuous". What I was saying is that you and Gosia experience difference realities with regards to how you experience health in your respective bodies.

I agree with you, and your knowledge, that in your body, with your lifestyle, and your diet, that colonics give you superior health.

I also agree with Gosia, that in her body, with her lifestyle, and her diet, that colonics are totally unnecessary.

Marcos, if what you say is true, that on your current lifestyle and diet, that you have parasites, intestinal worms, etc, I would have to say that your lifestyle is not serving you, that is, it does not promote excellent health. I can see why you "know" that colonics improve your health.

However, with my lifestyle and my diet, I don't have parasites. My stools are not thin and the water in the toilet is not cloudy. I don't have mucus (unless I eat at a raw restaurant, then I get some the next day, or if I indulge in packaged raw treats from the health food store). So I don't need a neti pot.

You could eliminate your mucus simply by eliminating the remaining cooked items in your diet, as well as all the elements of your diet that are not fresh produce. Or, you could continue to eat foods that don't serve you and create mucus, and use the neti pot so you can breathe clearly, as well as have regular colonics to remove your parasites.

Date: June 30, 2006 06:32AM

Hey Judes,

I think I owe you an apology for my last post. I didn't mean to sound so STRIDENT over the age thing or anything else for that matter.

Anyway, good discussion everybody.

-Ally

Date: June 30, 2006 07:05AM

oh don't you worry you didn't offend me.
you would have to do a LOT more that post
to a web site to do that. I like all arguments
and discussions, you know ,some times when you push
people in to a strong emotional debate, that
is when thing get intresting. Maybe they would
be motivated to prove their point, and teach
me a thing or too. we would both learn as
teaching is the best way of learning. I think
as long as you don't attack someones character
and debate the subject at hand, however emotional
the debate becomes no one really gets hurt.
on the other hand saying someone is stupid
because of what they believe is pointless
and doesn't prove anything.

Date: June 30, 2006 12:54PM

Bryan,

What did you miss with my last post. Mucus, regardless of what you eat, will always be produced. I have been eating a pure diet for two years and been vegan for twenty. That's 20. If I have been vegan for that length and raw for two and have mucoid plaque and parasites you better believe you do too. To believe otherwise is simply deluding yourself that the diet you eat will expel parasites. It won't. We all have them. However, we can reduce the number of them and keep them under control through fasting, colonics, enemas, etc. The neti pot is an important part of my daily regime. Yes, I still have mucus. We can never get rid of it. One problem that causes more people issues is blocked nasal passages. Did you know, for example, that every germ, virus, etc. is virtually always born in the nose? From here, it spreads it's power throughout the body. By cleansing my nose 2x's daily I have freed myself from any sickly person giving me their nasty cold or flu because the saline solution washes away germs. I don't get colds, viruses, and such and I don't have health episodes. Thankfully, you don't have to believe anything that I say but I ask, atleast, that you respect my point of view and understand that my diet is pretty darn pure with the occasion of a few dehydrated foods.

Judes,

I think it is probably over the last hundred years or so. I wasn't living so I don't know when enema's were initially discovered and used to purify the body. The neti pot, however, has been used for a very long time in india.

Gosia,

Through reading comes knowlege and through knowledge comes balance, power and spiritual enlightment. Yes, we sometimes come to things instantly but, often times this is the negative and not the positive that is at work. The self conscious is a mysterious being in itself. It can charge you up and put you down if you don't control it. It can tell you what you want to hear and even tell you what you don't want to hear. It can call you a loser or a winner and tell you that you're healthy when you're not. Many a person has been damaged, long term, from gathering the wrong advice from one's subconcious. Also, there is no argument here. There is a fascinating debate and I hope you can see it for that. You have your opinion and I have mine. Bryan already said it, to some effect, best when he stated that what is right for you is right for you and what is right for me is right for me.

Peace,

Marcos

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables