Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Couple of days without fat
Posted by: sebzzz ()
Date: August 02, 2008 09:33PM

I,

Since I've been plagued with digestion problems on raw for a couple of time now, I decided to try a couple of days without overt fat to see if my bowel movements start to become normal and regular again and also see if I regain my appetite.

However, knowing that fat is in fact important for our body, though small quantities do the trick, I just wanted to know how many days should I be trying my no fat experiment without causing other problems (not enough fat for basic body functions that uses fats).

I don't want to try to stabilize one thing and cause an other problem, but I feel that fats binges have caused some deep problems that needs to be addressed by giving my body a rest with this type of food.

What do you think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Couple of days without fat
Posted by: hyldemoer ()
Date: August 02, 2008 09:48PM

Digestion problems on raw?
What type of digestion problems?
Belching? Abdominal pain? Constipation? Diarrhea? Bloody bowel movements? Flatulence? What?

Fat binges?
What are you saying constitutes a "fat binge"?
(dit moi visualizing someone chugging a bottle of olive oil.)

It helps to know what one is dealing with to zero on its etiology before blindly grasping for a remedy for it.

Date: August 02, 2008 10:21PM

Very infrequent bowel movements leaving a bloated feeling and a belly and also leading to very small appetite which gave place to eating very low calories which resulted in too much weight lost.

Binges was when I started to eat nuts until I was so full that it wasn't even funny. In other words, overeating with fats as the medium to do so. Why I did this? I don't know, it was just like eating chocolate and not be able to stop. The morning after I had such a fat binge, I had sulfur tasting burps for which I have read that are often associated with very poor digestion and fat/protein over consumption.

Oh, and add the fact that I had serious problems with fruit binges before that, call it sugar addiction or whatever which led to diabetes like symptoms, also loosing much weight and teeth problems and you get a body that seriously needs the regain balance. I might have messed up my digestion with those months of addictions and binges. The fat phase was brought with the desire to lower my fruit intake, but I just felt in an other trap.

Now, reading green for life helped me a lot and it has now been a month that I mostly eat green smoothies with some overt fat on salads for example. I had a couple of fat binges though in this time. I haven't seen much amelioration in my condition since the green smoothies (which always include tons of greens and a good rotation between them) so that is why I try cutting on fats for a couple of days. My reasoning is that my fat intake might still be straining my body since that's the only thing after greens that's high on certain days in my diet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2008 10:31PM by sebzzz.

Posted by: meinleben ()
Date: August 02, 2008 10:24PM

i have done 2 months no overts...is was great....

its important to judge fat intake not by one day or one week...but over a range of time...1,2,3 or 6 months...

the body can absolutely thrive on 5%....thats the % you get just from fruit/veg

Posted by: mira ()
Date: August 02, 2008 11:16PM

I think that these sulfer tasting burps were more associated with the overeating...

Posted by: cherimoya ()
Date: August 02, 2008 11:57PM

I had a Florida avo the first avo in about 3 weeks today and that is my main source of fat this time of year.Maybe twice a month I may have some overt fats been eating that way for years.
With the exception of the 2 months of durian season in Thailand when I am there even then i will eat durian maybe twice a week.
I have been a low fat vegan for almost 25 years and 10 years prior to that a low fat vegetarian.
My digestion works best on low fat and my energy levels and endurance is right up there when the belly is running smooth.

Cherimoya,

Love Peace and Happiness,

Date: August 03, 2008 12:24AM

Thanks a lot for your great words. This is great advice and my little 2 days without fats doesn't scare me much now.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: August 04, 2008 02:03AM

Low fat also works for me. It took me a while to get to low fat (about 2 years) but I am loving my energy on a mostly sweet fruit diet. One thing that helps at first is to eat a lot of greens, like a pound a day.

So nowadays, if I eat some fat (I had 2 small avos on Thursday night) it puts me right to sleep.

Posted by: cy ()
Date: August 04, 2008 02:42AM

Sebzzz, that diabetic like symptom might be that your liver has a lot of stones. You could do a liver cleanse, or if you think it is too much, you could have warm water with lemon juice every morning before breakfast.

Date: August 04, 2008 12:58PM

Is lime juice good too?

What is that supposed to do, clean my liver?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables