Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Mono-eating and green smoothies
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 24, 2008 01:15AM

If we're suppose to keep fruits to only fruit meals, then wouldn't it be bad to make a green smoothie? I make mine out of lettuce, water (sometimes ice) and 2 bananas.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mono-eating and green smoothies
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: August 24, 2008 02:08AM

Fruit and Greens go very well together. Chimpanzees, in the Wild,
have been seen wrapping Leaves around Bananas. Kind of like a
Fruit Sandwich. It's best to 'balance' the fruit sugar......WY

Posted by: Keepitsimple3344 ()
Date: August 24, 2008 03:17AM

Great Question!!!

I recently read Fit For Life which stated NEVER conbine the two, for fruit does not digestion in the tummy but in the intestines.Therefore if you combine the two it is very problematic. Herbert Shelton states the same thing. Thus leaving many confused.
Here's my thoughts:

1: I believe:The best rule, is to listen to how your own boby responds to different foods and combination. There's always going to be dogmatic people who tell you "You are wrong if you do this or that." The fact is God made every human being with a unique body composition and emotional make up.At the end of the day not Herbert Shelton, Harvey Diamond, John Tildon and the people on this site can tell you what is best for you.I believe its important to pay attention and honor how your body and mind related to......

2 I believe: in a great deal of what I read from this site and board, however, nutrition, medicine and this type of eating is not an exact science! It is an evolving one.

3 I believe: Although many will disagree on this: I believe most of what you read on this site (and I believe in a lot of what this site suggest also) are mostly theories. There have been very few long term legitmate long term research on only eating raw food

4 I was going to post the same ?? you just did because it left me uncertain also,especially after finding green smoothies a good way to go. I tried to do as Diamond and Shelton suggested.It effected me emotionally in that now there was another law that i need to follow and when i become emotionally frustrated it DEFINETLY effects my body,( the study of psychoneuroimmunology)

5 My belief: I read a lot, listen to the people on this site who dont believe only their way is right (cux many of these type of people have great insight), try different foods and combination and then through prayer and listening to my own body make the best decisions that are right for me.

Thanks for asking the graet question!!!!!
PS I found the book "Eating In the Raw" by Carol ALt incredibly helpful she has real down to earth stlye and approaches the topic from non radical,easy does it,intelligent stlye.She had an ability to open mind even more because she doesnt push anything on you.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: August 24, 2008 03:23AM

Most rawfoodists agree that fruits and tender greens combine well. Perhaps some of the bitter greens may not work with fruit (say kale), you'll have to have your experience and see. I recommend trying out the combinations you want to test and see how well it digests for you. And if it work, then great. But it it doesn't work initially, or at some point it quits working, then don't do it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables