Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Don't believe everything you read
Posted by: CJJ ()
Date: August 24, 2008 05:30AM

I've done quite a bit of "raw" reading over the past few months, both book & blog. Some of what I've read (mostly blog info) leaves me quite skeptical. I thought I'd take a moment to list some of the more outlandish-sounding things I've read. Is there truth to any of these?

1 RF diet changing iris color
2 improving eyesight (I've read claims of people throwing away their glasses altogether)
3 decreasing the size of someone's nose
4 causing cavities to naturally heal
5 causing overbites to correct themselves
6 Laugh lines/crow's feet disappearing

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don't believe everything you read
Posted by: happyway ()
Date: August 24, 2008 06:39AM

If you ask here
I will tell you it's all true
and it will happen to you
if you follow my way of doing it,
want to buy a bridge while you're at it?

Seriously if your previous diet was bad and you are young and relatively healthy chances are you will quickly get some benefit...and or some detox symptoms--longer term your milage may vary...nothing ventured nothing gained.

Then again if you did all this reading why did you pick the sillier things to ask about?
Perhaps that is the real question?

Date: August 24, 2008 07:20AM

Hi Happyway,

I've noticed some truly great things on raw so far including better energy, better digestion, less blemishes. All these things I've seen make sense to me from a scientific standpoint: better fuel = better performance. But things like someone's nose getting smaller? Or cavities repairing themselves? I'm interested if these things are really possible, and if so, what is the science behind it?

Posted by: happyway ()
Date: August 24, 2008 07:25AM

what wrong with your nose?

Date: August 24, 2008 07:32AM

Hahahaha! Nothing, thankfully =)

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: August 24, 2008 01:11PM

don't know, but my eyes used to be brown and now green after years of dietary reform.

2 improving eyesight (I've read claims of people throwing away their glasses altogether)

true to a small extent in my experience

true. this will occur with many dietary improvements though. the whole body loses its puffiness, including the nose. if you look at the writer of the book sugar blues (william dufty) for example you can see the difference. or shazzie. or some others. doesn't happen with everyone, but with some people.

not that i know of. but many other aspects of dental health improve including gum health and sensitivity.

not from my experience

definitely

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: August 24, 2008 01:40PM

maybe i shouldn't have said definitely disappearing, but there can be lessening of wrinkles.

in my case, more important than laugh lines/crows feet, is the eye puffiness, wrinkles, eye redness that is caused by cooked that goes away while raw.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 24, 2008 01:44PM

In my own experience, the things you mention are....by and large...correct. So what? YOU need to eat & live the lifestyle that you think is the healthiest. If you experience 'miraculous' cures or health....awesome! If not, no biggie. winking smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: August 24, 2008 03:12PM

for me my eye color is the same but the iris is brighter and my eyes sparkle and look prettier

I do know the nose keeps growing as we age but I did not know about it shrinking

teeth can repair themselves but I have not experianced that I have teeth so bad I think they have gone past repair stage of degeneration though

I have read that an overbight can possible be corected by chewing carrots because that would push the teeth in the direction they need to go and sthat hase some good reasoning because our teeth do move and on the sad diet the food tends to be very soft not crunchy like a carrot

there are many more bennifits to eating raw foods smiling smiley

Posted by: Bridie ()
Date: August 24, 2008 06:41PM

I worked on a raw/vegan farm a few months ago with a friend who in 1.5 yrs of being high raw (not even 100%) had to change the Rx in his glasses three times because his vision kept getting better.

i suppose there could be other explanations for his eyesight improving, but i'd like to think the change in diet/lifestyle had something to do with it.

maybe if he went 100% he could be one of those people that throws the glasses away all together!

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 24, 2008 11:57PM

my crow`s feet are almost completely gone smiling smiley
patty

Posted by: Duo ()
Date: August 25, 2008 05:35AM

Heres another 'miracle'... Lucid dreaming...and the ability to decide to 'leave' a nightmare., or stay and smile because you know better...

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: August 25, 2008 06:09AM

Yes, It doesn't change the iris color, what happens is that the iris clears up. Poor health causes brown spots in the iris that correspond to the areas of the body that are sick, when those body parts heal, the iris returns to it's true color.
For instance, the area of the iris right around the pupil coresponds to the colon, when the colon clears up the brown area gets smaller. These are some examples, I've seen more dramatic changes in books though.
[www.beautystrengthwellbeing.com]

Sure, SAD causes bloating, and when you loose that bloating your nose might shrink a little.

Sergei Boutenko had some dramatic healing of his teeth, he was the only one in his raw family that that happened to though and they were all eating a similar diet for a similar amount of time. I think that it might be a combination of factors, like faith and fasting (he was fasting at the time he was healed)

What leads me to believe that there might be more to it than just a raw foods diet is that, you don't need a raw foods diet to heal teeth, there is a faith healer who specializes in healing teeth (40,000 healings in 43 years according to his site. I sent in a card as the site instructs but never got healed. So I'm not endorsing him, but he does run a school on healing and there are healers all over the internet who claim to have been trained by him)
[www.willardfuller.com]
Page 30 of his online book says that people have witnessed spinning fireballs over the churches while he is healing! Talk about supernatural.
[www.willardfuller.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2008 06:18AM by Lillianswan.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: August 25, 2008 11:35AM

It can change, not sure how much diet has to do with it, but with age they fade. My dad went from brown to olive green over the course of about 4 decades.

I wish! I hate wearing glasses.

Loss of water and/or fat

I don't believe this is possible. I wish!

I don't believe this is possible with diet, but what is possible is a look of smoothing from retaining more water if the EFA amounts and ratios are corect. Applying moisturizers to the skin can do the same thing: if you add a layer of fat it traps water in the skin and makes it look less wrinkled. But this is just an illusion, the wrinkles are still there, you just can't see them as well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables