Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

OLIVES!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 27, 2008 12:29AM

Hi all,

I hope you all can guide me to best place online for OLIVES!
We really like the bagged variety from Sunfood but they are always out of stock.
I see several other raw websites that sell some that look similar (in the vacuum sealed bags) but I just don't know about the flavor.
Can you share your favorite olives/source with me here?
Hubby's b-day is next week and I would love to surprise him with a case of OLIVES (his favorite).
THANKS and GRATITUDE : )

Mel.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: OLIVES!
Posted by: marsh ()
Date: August 27, 2008 04:56AM

hi mel,

i'm so sorry i don't have an olive source for you, but i saw that no one was responding to your request and wanted to say that i, too, love raw olives. i'm in the middle of a fast right now, but later i would love to enjoy some. i'll follow the thread and hope someone has a good source to share.

marsh

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: August 27, 2008 09:39AM

In Feb, March and May of this year there were posts asking about raw olive sources. You can find them by using the 'Search' button to retrieve them. To shorten the search, click 'Search only this forum' (the main forum) to get less returns.

Wishing you vibrant health

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: August 28, 2008 02:50AM

www.Naturalzing.com and rawguru.com has olives but not sure if they're as 'raw" as you're looking for.

I get my olives just from Whole Foods just because they're stuffed with jalepenos and are awesome. grinning smiley

Posted by: sunstar ()
Date: October 06, 2008 03:34AM

Olives are indeed unique.

I order a 5 gallon container occasionally of the black sun dried version and soak them 2 cups at a time in a about 12 changes of soak water to eliminate salt.

They are incredible

Santa Barbara Olive company has them at extremely great prices and great quality. 5 gallon bucket of black dried olives was $80 or so plus shipping and when soaked doubles in weight ....

Sun
www.sunstarphoto.com

file:///Volumes/EXTERNAL/iweb%20folders/Olives/Olives.html

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 15, 2008 08:40PM

So, when you see olive bars at Whole Foods and so forth, are those *generally* raw olives, or are they previously canned or something? Is there any way to tell by looking at an olive bar if the olives offered are raw? Also on a related olive note, anyone know how high or low olives generally rank in terms of pesticides? I wasn't sure if olives require a lot of spraying. Man, I do love olives, though. It's probably ultra-expensive to find truly raw, organic ones, though.

Posted by: flash ()
Date: November 18, 2008 09:38PM

I don't know about the olive bar, but here in Tucson, the "decorative" olive trees that are loaded with olives have never been sprayed. I get some truly sun-dried olives that have no salt right off the tree.

flash

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: November 18, 2008 10:52PM

The best Olives are Peruvian sun-dried, with no salt. I buy mine
from Nature's First Law. They are currently out-of-stock......WY

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: November 19, 2008 11:32AM

Rawdiant,

Certainly the olives from Crete and similar have been near spray. To kill the weeds between the trees the local farmers use paraquat - totally horrendous. I do not know if they spray the trees with pesticides and or fungicides.

Posted by: Lanie ()
Date: November 21, 2008 11:05PM

These are the best organic raw olives I have EVER tasted...bar none!! I've actually binged on them, no kidding.

[www.livingtreecommunity.com]

Their olive oil is incredible too. Not cold-pressed like all the others I've seen, so it's truly raw.

~lanie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables