Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Child Protection Services
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: September 02, 2008 01:25PM

a CPS officer said to me,

"your program is providing NO educational benefits for your children"

we homeschool

that's just for starters...

it's a fascist organization that gets $4000 bonuses for placing kids in foster care.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Child Protection Services
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: September 02, 2008 06:42PM

Having to lie would make me SEETHE and BOIL just beneath the skin. It's sad, it's ridiculous that you just want fresh food from the earth, biologically appropriate food for your children (no fruit, WTF?)....... but I think we all know what happens if we get hung up on the negatives.

So, focus on what you can do, that is good. Focus on the change you can make. Who will be securing our future, other than our children? Certainly NOT these agencies. I think that by raising your child to build a better world... you are doing more for everyone in the long run. You can always make a difference as an activist when securing basic needs for the little one is not a first priority... and who knows, maybe someday, your kid will, too.

All of that depends on risking your child as little as possible, for now.

I would still prepare nutritional reports... get second opinions... contact veg groups in the area. Always be prepared... know where to go, if you have to run for help.

But first and foremost, I would try to deflect the attention. Tell them what they want to hear... get out of the heat. Don't think about swallowing their poison, think about how your energy is much better invested in raising a healthy, functional child.

I read another post somewhere about a Buddhist monk's three styles of dealing with demons:

Mahayana - You study the demon, learn all of its attributes, strengths, weaknesses, its hiding places--and avoid it at all costs.

Hinayana - You learn everything about the demon and where it hides, but you neither seek nor avoid it--if you happen to run into it, whatever happens, happens.

Vajrayana - You learn all about the demon, you learn where it hides, go right down to his house, and kick the living snot out of him, emerging the victor.

Each is appropriate for a different situation, but one is not necessarily better than the other (don't beat yourself up for lying). I don't think the final style is appropriate for Mom with kid, especially if the demon in question likes to capture children. But Mom can raise a strong kid... and will, of course, always know where the demon hides. ^.~

Best of luck, and blessings.

child development
Posted by: sunstar ()
Date: October 06, 2008 03:26AM

That means that babies of whales and elephants that are raw vegans will never reach heir full growth potential.

Also if the social worker had a dregree it would be a Mistress not a "Masters"

Hmmmm?

sun

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables