Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How often do you shower/bathe?
Posted by: blue_butterfly ()
Date: September 07, 2008 05:01PM

I'm curious how often you guys take a shower or a bath? Since becoming more natural & raw, I've felt less and less of a need to shower. My own natural oils & smells don't bother me much anymore. In fact, lately I've been feeling like I'm robbing my skin and hair whenever I shower. I don't think I'll ever stop completely...right now I shower every 3 days or so. What are your opinions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How often do you shower/bathe?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 07, 2008 05:56PM

only when i want or need to. we are shower obsessed in this culture. it's a waste of water, totally polluting and hard on the skin and hair as well.
i wash where i need too and have a full bath or shower maybe twice/week, this is as often as i can wash my hair without drying it out.

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: September 07, 2008 06:09PM

I shower & bathe to cleanse my energy fields more than worrying about body odor which is pretty non existent these days. But I bathe once or twice a day. The weather is in the three digits so I tend to wash more when it's humid. Water is a healer and I'm abundant. :-)

Posted by: flex4life ()
Date: September 07, 2008 07:06PM

I only cool-cold shower everyday, it doesn't strip my skin of anything, just helps it!

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: September 07, 2008 07:44PM

Daily, except for some Saturdays if I don't leave the house.

It's too hot and humid here to get away with less often. I don't feel like it's an issue of body odor, my diet sees to that, but I have oily skin and I feel like a greasy monster when I don't bathe.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 07, 2008 07:47PM

I felt the need to do it much less....as my diet progressed. I used to bathe a couple of times a day. Now, along with occasional swimming, I usually do it 3 times a week....unless doing a lot of outside work....in which case every day is fine.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: September 07, 2008 10:32PM

I exercise and walk a lot, so I do two short showers a day.

Posted by: fruitgirl ()
Date: September 08, 2008 12:37AM

i enjoy a stimulating dry brush massage everyday
then a sponge bath on special nooks and crannies

twice a week i take a dip in the tub

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: September 08, 2008 03:25AM

i usually shower every morning, but a couple times lately i've been pressed for time and didn't shower, and i felt perfectly clean and fresh; just had to splash some water in my hair to style it. i enjoy the feeling of taking a shower though, even if i don't 'need' it-- it's refreshing.

a couple days a week i do a steam and sauna followed by a cold shower at the gym; this is incredibly good for the skin and releases toxins from the pores like crazy.

oh-- and once in awhile i take a bath in the evening because it's really relaxing and a nice way to end the day.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: September 08, 2008 04:29AM

Every day, especially since I usually forgo the deodorant unless it's vital. Our skin is such a major organ of elimination that the other day I was reading that during the middle ages, the doctors would use the skin to detoxify people with renal failure. If you don't shower aren't those toxins all absorbed back in?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 08, 2008 04:37AM

i highly doubt it. i do like a dry brush, good for exfoliating and stimulating the lymph system.

i have a friend who doesn't use soap anywhere that the sun can touch. she thinks our natural oils protect from sun damage so she only uses soap on her bits and pieces. i don't even use soap there, only water. i like the way i smell!

Posted by: pAL ()
Date: September 08, 2008 05:28AM

I prefer daily showers depending upon activity, sweat, dust and dirt. But, when relatively inactive. I shower every other day or so. Since being a mostly raw vegan I have no under arm or strong body odors.

Frequent skin scouring increases circulation to the extremities, removes dead cells and improves skin tone. Except for the eyes, everything we see on the surface of the body has died. For a healthy skin, try wet skin scouring. Skin scouring becomes especially important to people losing excess weight, because scouring helps shrink sagging skin. Begin with the feet and the outer exposed areas of the body. Then scrub the softer areas, including the underarms, inner thighs and face.

The tools are a loofah for soft scrubbing, a natural fiber brush for medium brushing, and I use a nylon utility brush for deeper scouring. I use them wet in the shower. Keep a squeeze bottle of olive oil handy. Sometimes before scouring my skin, I rub oil on, scrub it in, then rinse off with plain water.

I avoid using soap while cleansing my body. All water-soluble dirt on the skin can easily be washed off, with plain water. Water beading up on the skin indicates the presence of natural oil. Sunlight irradiates the oil to release vitamin D. Vitamin D assists in the assimilation of calcium, necessary for strong, teeth and bones. Daily bathing with soap or soaking in water for long periods removes that protective mantel of essential oil. This can lead to calcium deficiency and dry skin. Use natural shampoo for the hair and a cleanser for the hands and face when needed. Improve calcium assimilation with regular wet skin scouring (no soap) and getting adequate exposure to full spectrum sunlight, “Solar Power...”

Alkaline AL

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables