Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw and Organic - Are they Different?
Posted by: AshleyMartin ()
Date: September 11, 2008 12:40AM

"Organic" is a set of environmentally sustainable growing and production practices that are now certified and regulated by the USDA.

Raw is the naturally occurring, unprocessed and uncooked state of any food.

These are the definitions of Organic and Raw. There is lot of confusion between “Organic” and “Raw”.

Is organic and raw the same thing?

Your views are welcome on this topic……………...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw and Organic - Are they Different?
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: September 11, 2008 01:17AM

The first thing that comes to my mind is that you can eat 'raw' and not be eating 'organic' food, and vice-versa, so of course they're quite different. Or put another way, many raw foodists eat a lot of non-organic food; many people who eat cooked food eat almost all organic.

I'm not sure what the confusion is. The only confusion I hear about is that raw foodists disagree from time to time on this board about whether we should try to always eat organic food or not.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Re: Raw and Organic - Are they Different?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 11, 2008 01:23AM

Organic is a man-made standard. 'Raw Food' is a man-made term. Unprocessed fruits and vegetables are self-explanatory. Heh..heh. In any event, raw and organic are certainly not synonymous or a required 'rite of entry' for any transitioner into health realms (just my personal...ummm...opinion). winking smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables