Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

When do you stop?
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: September 13, 2008 12:22PM

What time of the day do you stop eating? Do we
need to take Nourishment late into the night? I'm
toying with the idea of ending my last meal at 2pm
(or 4pm), instead of 6pm, or sometimes even later.
Of course, this depends on your lifestyle, but I
feel the reason many of us eat late at night is just
to have a 'satisfied' feeling, and not because we need
the Energy. Tonya Zavasta, who wrote "Quantum Eating",
says there's no better Feeling than having an empty stomach,
and not being hungry......WY

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: When do you stop?
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: September 13, 2008 01:19PM

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi , Date: September 13, 2008

there's no better Feeling than having an empty stomach, and not being hungry

Its kind of like the pause between an exhale breath and an inhale breath. Its a moment of stillness and satisfied before we feel the need for more oxygen. I like to take that pause between meals and quietly listen for my body's signal that its ready for more food.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 13, 2008 03:01PM

I stop eating at 2pm, sometimes earlier. I started this practice after I read Tonya's Zavasta's book, Quantum Eating. I was aware of different practices that ended eating earlier in the day, but I never took them into consideration. After reading the book, I felt I had a much better understanding of this and figured I would try the experience for myself. It is proving to work very well for me and yes...there is fullness in the emptiness.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: September 13, 2008 03:28PM

I have been reading the book Quantum eating and have been ending my eating time at 5 P.M. I have been also trying the dry fasting as well and feel a difference. I have not drank much water lately but have been eating loads of watermellon. But yesterday I was working outside in the sun and felt a need to drink water. The water tastes awful now. I can taste other things in the water. I really enjoy haveing an empty stomach, I feel so more energetic when my stomach is empty.

I love her book Quantum eating it is packed full of great information.

Posted by: annex ()
Date: September 13, 2008 05:08PM

I have been trying to stop eating after 6pm, mainly because I notice that when I eat in the day I eat because I am hungry, but at night it is because I am bored or other emotional reasons. And that's when I eat fat... which I am not against completely, but of course that sits in my stomach when I am sleeping.

Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions about how to wean oneself off of night eating. I was thinking about just allowing myself to eat one type of food... but I don't want to place artificial restrictions either. I guess it will just take more instances of me waking up with a slight stomach ache for me to change my ways. haha.

Also, I've never heard of the book Quantum Eating... could someone mention why the author is against eating after a certain time?

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 13, 2008 07:19PM

ride the wave

<<yes...there is fullness in the emptiness>>

beautifully stated

and the converse is true as well

Date: September 13, 2008 07:24PM

annex Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ....I've never heard of the book Quantum
> Eating... could someone mention why the author is
> against eating after a certain time?
The Theory is based on how our bodies Age.
The evening hours are meant for rest and rejuvenation.
If we are continuously eating throughout the day and night,
our Bodies age more rapidly. The idea is to Eat, Exercise,
and Rest. The 'Eat' is Raw Food; the 'Exercise' is meaningful
labor; the 'Rest' is the "Key" to anti-aging, and should be
done without digestion of food taking place.
Now to put all this into Practice. I'm about to have my last
meal of the day at 4pm.....WY

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 13, 2008 08:06PM

Right. I like to stop after dark, but lately I'm allowing myself a bit of flexibility.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: wooway ()
Date: September 13, 2008 08:24PM

6pm is a great consistent dinner cut off time...

8am breakfast, 12pm lunch, 4-6pm dinner
Time tested....

Date: September 13, 2008 09:04PM

wooway Wrote:
> 6pm is a great consistent dinner cut off time...
>
> 8am breakfast, 12pm lunch, 4-6pm dinner
> Time tested....
That's Good Wooway. I'm shooting for 2-weeks
of 2-meals a day....at 8am and 4pm, with a 16-hour Dry Fast
in between. It's time to get Serious. Anyone else?.....WY

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 13, 2008 11:40PM

these posts are coincedentally failiar to posts on pro-anorexia web sites

Posted by: dancerinthenight ()
Date: September 14, 2008 12:12AM

I am thinking of stopping eating by 2 pm in order to curb overeating at night. Juice in evening. Solids during the day. I think that will help my morning dance classes as well.

Date: September 14, 2008 02:26AM

this is not about anorexia at all. Its about giveing the body a needful rest every evening. The dry fasting helps the body to pull water out of stagnant cells which is supose to be rejuvenating to the body. I feel much better when eating less, and I always tend to overeat in the evening so its nice to train my body to be satisfied before dusk. I am not sure about the 2 P.M. cutoff time for me right now because I have just started with quantum eating and I also don't want to be to strict on myself right now. so my dry fasting time is about 15 hours from 5 P.M. to 8 A.M. Sometimes I will take a drink of water if I have been working hard outside but I really prefer to eat watermellon instead of drink water. I have noticed positive changes in my hands, feet and joints.

I really love Tanya Zavastas book.

Date: September 14, 2008 03:40AM

Posted by: pampam , Date: September 13, 2008

The dry fasting helps the body to pull water out of stagnant cells

IMO drinking plenty of clean water hydrates the body and helps wash toxins out.

I am not sure about the 2 P.M. cutoff time

Rather then watch a clock to eat by I would rather listen to my body's natural signals for timing eating.

Posted by: fruitgirl ()
Date: September 14, 2008 03:45AM

hey rawvegan

just curious
what are ya doin over on the pro anarexia websites?

Posted by: ksmanthey ()
Date: September 14, 2008 03:46AM

Herbal tea in the evening is very helpful when you think you want to eat, but you just want to put something in your mouth and fiddle in the kitchen.

Date: September 14, 2008 09:31AM

The way I like to time my day is by listening to my body and reading the info to hit a resonant chord that feels natural and right for me. When I get up I like fruit, especially melon eaten as small separate mono meals. This wakes me up and gets me started on a nutritional "high". This is where I like to wait for that quiet moment where the feeling of being neither hungry nor full ends with a slight return of hunger. After my wake up phase when my body "feels" like something else - something different from melon I do my best to "read" what it wants. This may be strawberries like it was today or blueberries or something else, these small meals are also eaten as mono meals and usually move from one fruit to another. It feels kinda like grazing. After awhile I feel the desire for something heavier which is usually a switch to vegetables which are more "grounding" for me. This part of my day involves eating wraps, salads, and juices. In this grounding stage, which is about where you time your stop, I usually stop the mono meals and put more ingredients together like in a salad or wrap. I like to make my wrap "filler" mostly sprouts. The fresh juice that I make during this time frequently have 2 or more ingredients. It all goes by "feel" or read as I listen to my body. Thats what works for me but I appreciate that we are all different and that your stop time is right for you. Its all good. Also I drink clean water throughout my day whenever I want as a hydrant and cleanser.

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: September 15, 2008 05:43PM

I'm with EZ rider in terms of listening to your body and I can see why Rawvegan mentions eating disorders. Although I know this is not the point of the thread, I interpret this statement as possibly viewing this way of eating as a limitation. Correct me if I'm wrong Rawvegan. Limitations sometimes lead to a need to control and can spiral into other issues as well. What I enjoy most about eating raw foods is being in flow with my body and nature without counting calories and other limitations. I eat when I'm hungry and generally I'm satisifed by 6pm and not hungry thereafter. I eat and drink several small-medium meals all day which suits my body type, metabolism and digestive system well. Emphasis on "my body" as we're all different. Until my body tells me otherwise, this will be my routine. I've been known to make a fruit smoothie at 10:30 pm, but this is rare and usually when it's humid and hot. But I give myself the flexibility and if I feel genuine hunger, I eat no matter the hour. By the same token, if your body is telling you to try the Quantum Eating approach to eating go for it. Best wishes Wheatgrass Yogi.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2008 05:45PM by rawangel.

Date: September 15, 2008 05:56PM

rawangel Wrote:
> .....But I give myself the
> flexibility and if I feel genuine hunger, I eat no
> matter the hour. By the same token, if your body
> is telling you to try the Quantum Eating approach
> to eating go for it. Best wishes Wheatgrass Yogi.
Thank you. This 'Quantum Eating' is difficult.
I woke up hungry at 4am this morning, and had a Green
Smoothie. I'll make it up later today. I can't eat like
you and RawVegan...I like to follow a schedule.....WY

Date: September 15, 2008 08:50PM

I have been enjoying just eating raw foods and the fruit is becomming ripe right now. I do want to follow Tanya Zavastas book but I am not wanting to be restrictive towards my bodies needs. Basically I am listening to my body but I have found that sometimes listening is not enough but learning from other people is a necessary thing as well. I chose to quit eating at 5 and start eating at 8 so I could get the bennifits from fasting for 15 hours. I don't think or feel deprived in any way and I don't feel as if I am being anorexic I am just experimenting with different things for my body. I have high blood presure and other small issues because of not taking care of my body, I am just trying to figure things out like most of the people here.

Posted by: sgc ()
Date: September 15, 2008 09:18PM

I think it's more important to leave some time between the last meal and the first of the next day than to focus on an arbitrary time after which you should not eat.
Personally, I don't have much time to eat during the day, and I prefer to feel light since I'm active all day long. So usually, I don't and can't really eat until noon or 2pm. So in the evening, when the dark comes and that I can't work outside anymore, I have dinner.
But between dinner and my first meal the next day, there is always more than 15 hours, giving enough time for my system to rest from the digestion. I think it's the most important.

Raw Fruit Festival
[www.raw-fruit-festival.net]
Health, Fitness and Fasting Retreats in Spain
[www.fit-in-nature.net]

Date: September 15, 2008 09:19PM

pampam Wrote:
> ....I do want to
> follow Tanya Zavastas book but I am not wanting to
> be restrictive towards my bodies needs.
We need far less than we realize.
> I am listening to my body but I have found that
> sometimes listening is not enough but learning
> from other people is a necessary thing as well.
You can listen to other people, but we know
what's right for us, don't we?? Meditate on it until
the answer comes. Then follow your instincts.

> I chose to quit eating at 5 and start eating at 8 so
> I could get the bennifits from fasting for 15 hours.
That sounds very reasonable. In addition to
Dry Fasting at night, I'm going to do a little Water
Fasting during the day. Did I tell you I'm trying to
heal chronic Back Pain?

> I don't think or feel deprived in any way
> and I don't feel as if I am being anorexic I am
> just experimenting with different things for my
> body.
Pam....I think I remember you telling us you
are a little overweight. Where are you now?

> I have high blood presure and other small
> issues because of not taking care of my body.
I feel your High Blood Pressure and my sore
Back will heal with Quantum Eating. How is your Diet
during the day? I've been having 2 Green Smoothies,
loaded with Calories. Time to cut back.....WY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables