Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hybrid Foods, Supplements, Superfoods, Vit B12/D, CALORIES, and setting the record straight
Posted by: wooway ()
Date: September 13, 2008 06:08PM

With all due respect and Thank you for reading all... I haven't posted much before, but I see many times, glaring inconsistencies, ommissions, distortions, and flat out falsehoods posted on this site regularly (among others, but this site is huge for messages)... I also am a raw fooder and advocate of primarily leafy greens/fruits/vegetables/low-no overt fats, health/nutrition/exercise/cleanse researcher and experimenter for ~15 years...

People seem to be naive and misinformed/uninformed on the issue of just how bad America's produce (fruits/veggies) have become in he last 100 years, ney, last 30 years even... It's almost an abomination, organic or not. The organic content of the average top soils in the US 100 years ago was something like ~25%, now it's around ~6% and declining fast. This MUST be taken into account and improvised around (i.e., taking greenfood powders, taking a non toxic unharmful B-12 supplement since the microbes AND the cobalt trace mineral in 99.9% of Americans soils is GONE, take Vit D because hard science, unbiased studies, show the majority of Americans are suer deficient in Vit D, etc etc) or we are kidding ourselves, no matter how romantic we wish to think or how ignorantly in bliss we hope to stay... Reality is Truth, reality is fact... observe, be informed, admit, adapt, and ultimately work for the best outcomes or reforms to healthier and more honest days...

PS. You can NOT get all your nutrients eating raw fruits (most hybridized if you don't watch what your selecting) and veggies... no matter how wholesome they look or how much living water they have, etc etc... The soils are shot, the NWO is dropping toxic chemical-trails on us daily from planes above, GM contamination, genetic weaking of produce, etc all have to be accounted for... Is eating a grafted grape or banana natural? Of course, not... Is eating a sterile watermelon or orange (seedless) natural? Far from it... runaway sucrose sugars... Why do people not thrive on raw fruits/veggies/greens usually? Hybrid fruit selection, not enough greens, usually no green superfoods to get all the trace minerals/co-enzymes/vitamins/etc, and no B-12 and Vit D supplemented daily... These few things could make the difference between thriving and declining... Why debate about purist nonsense and why not "break Natural Hygiene rules" when reality dictates it? Come on people, break free from the minutae and the confusion...

Also, a few admittedly pioneers in the raw food/greens-fruit movement and circuit always push how many CALORIES everyone needs... Ridiculous! The calorie theory was debunked long ago, along with the animal foods being the only "complete proteins," protein needs, etc etc.
Why has no one cracked this taboo, yet? Calories are literally 1/10th of the equation when considering and observing nutritional and food needs... We are NOT bomb calorimeters! And what this does, which IS dangerous, is make the recommendation to gorge on bananas (at~100cal a pop and THE most constipating fruit there is... unarguably) to get 500-700-1000 calories per meal based on some mythical 2000 calories a day need... I have known more than enough people who have either had to high dose laxatives because they were painfully constipated for 3-5 days without so much as 1 BM after eating 5-10-15-20 bananas in 1,2,3 days or had to rush to get a colonic for want of a bowel movement... NONSENSE, this needs to stop... eat 1-2 bananas, eat apples, pears, berries, citrus with seeds, seeded grapes, etc... NOT hybrid mango, dates, bananas, pineapple, etc "tropical fruits"... they are an abomintion, the proof is there for those who want to embrace it... DON't blend or drink smoothies/green smoothies.. sounds neat, sounds fun, sounds simple and exciting and sopisticated, BUT, I've known even more people who have become bloated, constipated, and indigestion from these monstrosities (yes I've tried and experimented thoroughly, all my insight is from personal trial and error and thousands of hours of stuyding and contemplation) that infuse too much water with whole fruits and many times greens...
Problem is, extra water mixed WITH fruits and greens, no matter whether Vitamixed down to a perfect blended consistency, totally blows the natural fiber volume/balance of the whole foods, thereby gunking up the GI tract, hence bloating for hours, hence constipation... it happens A LOT... this is why... NO ONE is talking about this, out of hundreds of forums on the Net and/or books out there..... I'm here to help and clear up the mess....

IN closing, below I will post THE best article by Dr Helen Pesanti, MD, on clarifying and exposing the HYBRID fruit/veggie scam being forced on us, part of the eugenics/depopulation agenda no less to weaken and disease and debilitate humanity.. she explains everything in black and white... this information is not found almost ever... savor it.... Also, a quick question... can anyone honestly think that consuming a fruit (or hybrid vegetable like carrot/beet/wheat/rice/corn/etc) that has been cultivated in the farmers fence, outside of wild nature, that is grafted or spliced, and made ot be sterile and weak and only enugh to produce one offspring fruit and then die and not produce any seeds, CAN THIS BE GOOD AND HEALTHY AND VITALIZING THE HUMAN OR ANIMAL WHO CONSUMES IT AND ABSORBS IT? This should be common sense... A weak genetic/mineralized plant food will impart negative health to it's consumer, plain and simple...

ANy questions or want to chat/debate/share ideas, email: informantc at yahoo dot com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- HYBRID FOODS MADE EASY-

WHAT ARE HYBRID FOODS?

STAY AWAY FROM SEEDLESS FOODS!
WHAT HYBRID FOODS CAN I EAT?

What are Hybrid Foods.
Hybrid foods can be defined as foods that have been changed by man throughout the years and will no longer grow in nature. They stem from crops that have been cultivated and nurtured in protective environments and cross-bred for items like better durability, better taste. They thus become genetically weak and are not able to revert back to their natural state.

A good way to recognize a hybrid food is that they often do not contain seeds.

Genesis 1:29 tells us “And God said, ‘See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food.”

Other hybrid foods may contain seeds, but the seeds are what we call non-viable. That is, they cannot be used to grow the same plant in nature.

For example, some fruits are the result of “grafting” two fruit trees together. Agriculturists will graft the stems and branches of 2 different varieties of fruit trees together, resulting in a new variety of fruit. These trees yield fruit with non-viable seeds. These fruits have been genetically altered.

Hybrid foods do not contain many trace nutrients. Why? Through strip farming, used to produce these foods in abundance, the earth has been stripped of its essential minerals. Erosion has also worn down the fields, washingminerals away. Because these important minerals are missing, your body will still feel hungry after eating hybrid foods. You may become drowsy, fatigued, or constipated.

The excess sugar in hybrid foods, designed to make them taste good, spills into the urine, just like refined sugar. After you eat hybrid foods, your body leaches calcium from your bones to buffer the acid which is the effect of too much sugar. This is NOT a desirable physical state to be in.

Now I will teach you how to avoid hybrid foods. Once you grasp the main concepts, it is not difficult.

Let us begin!
Helen Pensanti, M.D.

STAY AWAY FROM SEEDLESS FOODS!

Seedless foods are not able to reproduce themselves in nature. These include:

SEEDLESS FRUITS:
Seedless citrus fruits, especially seedless oranges
Seedless grapes
Seedless watermelons
Some types of dates, specifically medjool dates
Seedless pineapples
Raisins
Seedless grapefruits
A note about bananas: Yes, we all love bananas; at least most of us do. It seems to be such a “complete” food; so satisfying and healthy. However, did you know that non-hybrid bananas contain seeds that resemble hard little pellets? The bananas we are finding in our markets, with their soft little black “seeds” are actually highly hybridized.

So...no more bananas, or at least try to avoid them.

ABOUT SEEDLESS FRUITS

Hybridized, seedless fruits are VERY high in sugar. Therefore they take the water out of your body. Drinking a “smoothie” (very popular today) containing hybrid fruits overloads the body and actually CREATES thirst. (Note: If you find yourself overly thirsty,celery is very good to re-hydrate the body)

HYBRID VEGETABLES

Many vegetables can also be called hybrid. They are heavily cultivated and protected by pesticides and fertilizers from insects, birds, and fungi as well as the worms found in nature.. They are grown in an “artificial” environment and would not be able to survive if grown in a wild state.

HYBRID VEGETABLES TO AVOID
BEETS
CORN
POTATOES
CARROTS
ALFALFA SPROUTS
BEANS
SOY BEANS
NOTE: This means that the “healthy” carrot juice you have been drinking is also hybrid food. Hybrid carrots contain an extremely high sugar content and do not contain the healthy minerals God intended.

THE MISSING NUTRIENTS IN HYBRID FOODS

As a result of genetic altering, we can see that hybrid foods do not contain the same combinations of minerals that they would if they were grown in the wild in uncultivated soil - soil that has not been treated with fertilizer or been stripped of its nutrients by multiple crop plantings.

If we eat too many hybrid foods, our bodies will begin to show signs of mineral deficiencies; something I have seen all too often in my clinical practice.

SUGAR CONTENT OF HYBRID FOODS

Hybrid foods are often bred to be very sweet (“tasty”) However, this is not the type of sweetness God had intended. Our bodies become unbalanced by this abnormally high sugar content.

Try eating a nice bunch of Concord grapes, complete with crunchy viable seeds. Then eat a similar amount of seedless green grapes. Notice that there is a great difference in the feeling you have 15-30 minutes later. The seedless green grapes are so high in sugar that it can produce an insulin reaction (or sugar high) in many people. The Concords, on the other hand, possess only the amount of sugar God intended. Multiply all of this excessive sugar from the many hybrid fruits and vegetables we eat and we begin to understand why diabetes is so prevalent (and on the rise!) in our country.

WHAT HYBRID FOODS CAN I EAT?

You will find some foods that are hybrids (that is, they are cross bred in some way), but are still able to be grown in a wild state.

These include:
AVOCADOS
TOMATOES
JALAPENO PEPPERS
Being Italian, I would be profoundly reluctant to give up my tomatoes, or have you give up yours, so this is good news! Most little tomato plants would be able to survive in the wild. And many of us remember the experiment of growing an avocado pit into a plant when we were in grade school. This is an excellent example of whether the seed is viable or not - Can it survive without a human’s nurturing care in the wild?

WHAT ABOUT RICE? OTHER GRAINS?

Alas, most of the rice we eat is hybridized. That includes the brown and wild varieties found at your grocery store and even in some health food stores. Much has been genetically altered and contains a very low level of minerals. Grain farming has stripped the earth of much of its minerals In addition, much of the wheat and oats we find in the markets are hybrids. Barley, millet or quinoa would be the grains of choice as they are closest to the wild state.. Or, you may eat rice in limited quantities.

CAN I EAT NUTS?

Most nuts are excellent, but you must avoid cashews. They are actually not a “real” nut, according to my dear friend, Dr. John R. Lee. They also are a hybrid. I’m sorry, but you will have to give them up.

WHAT ABOUT LEGUMES? SOY?

Research shows that the best legumes are chickpeas. (Sorry!). Soy beans are
highly hybridized, so be careful of them or products made from them such as soy milk or cheese. Do not confuse these foods with the soy found in some natural hormone creams which is not a food.

WHAT ABOUT POTATOES?

Standard potatoes are very hybridized and mineral-depleted. Choose yams or sweet potatoes which are closest to the wild state and contain more nutrition.

WHAT ARE THE BEST THINGS TO EAT?

BEST NON-HYBRID FRUITS:

Apricots
Berries of all kinds: blackberries, mulberries, raspberries, logan berries
Cherries
Currants
Figs
Grapes (with seeds)
Crab Apples
Dates of all exotic types, no medjools - they are extremely hybridized
All Figs
Grapes with seeds
Lychee
Mangos
Melons (with seeds)
Kumquats
Lemons
Limes
Oranges (with seeds)
Papayas
Prickly Pear
Tangerines
Passion Fruit
Persimmons (with seeds)
Plums
Pomegranates
Natural sun-dried raisins
Watermelon (CHEW THE SEEDS!) Watermelon contains the highest iron
content of any fruit.
Coconut

BEST VEGETABLES TO EAT RAW:

Bell pepper
Cucumber
Squash
Tomato
Zucchini
Bok Choy
Celery
Dark Green Cabbage
Endive
Fennel
Kale- a great source of fiber!
Collard greens - great source of fiber!
Lettuces (except iceberg)
Parsley- contains the highest iron content of any green vegetable
Cilantro - like parsley, it has healing properties
Spinach- also high in iron
Green Onions
Radish

NOTE: Green leafy vegetables are not as palatable as many foods. They can therefore help break the association of eating with pleasure. By eating them, we will naturally stop eating when we are full. They are also a great source of calcium & magnesium and a wonderful detoxifier for the liver. THINK GREEN FOODS!

BEST VEGETABLES TO COOK:
Replace cooked starchy foods such as rice and pasta with these cooked
non-starchy vegetables

Cauliflower
Broccoli
Asparagus
Artichokes
Purple Cabbage
These vegetables slow down the absorption of sugar into the blood stream, a similar action that is performed by fats. This will help you to feel full, which is what fats do.

BEST “FATTY” FOODS

Avocados
Flax seed oil (cold pressed)
Nuts, except cashews (Cashews are cooked out of their shells, even when
they are labeled “raw”)
Nut butters, especially almond butter
Olives
Olive Oil (cold pressed)
Pumpkin Seeds
Sesame seeds
Sunflower seeds
Coconuts
Tahini (sesame butter)

WHAT CAN I DO IF I HAVE TO TRAVEL OR EAT ON THE RUN?

Plan in advance. Bring some avocados or apples with you. If you are in a restaurant, order a green salad and cut up the avocados and apples to add to it. You will feel full and healthy and your dining companions or family will surely admire your committment to good health!

THIS SOUNDS TOO HARD!

Don’t be discouraged. You can still eat your favorite hybrid foods and vegetables in small amounts. When you do eat hybrid foods, you can ease their effect on your system by combining them with nuts or olives which contain fat and will lessen their effect on your blood sugar. Try to do the best you can to stick with the non-hybrid foods. You will notice a dramatic difference in your health!

PERSONAL NOTE TO YOU FROM DR. PENSANTI

I have been searching for this information for 20 years! Thank God I have found it!”

Wishing you,

Better Health, Naturally,

Helen Pensanti, M.D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2008 06:09PM by wooway.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hybrid Foods, Supplements, Superfoods, Vit B12/D, CALORIES, and setting the record straight
Date: September 13, 2008 07:52PM

This confirms what I already knew and was hoping was untrue, that most people are apathetic, ill/mis/uninformed, oblivious, and in a haze of unconsciousness...

I write/post unarguably the most pertinent, fascinating, contriversial (sp?), and informative post on this forum in the past 30 pages of posts, and ot only has no one responded, only 9 people have read it... meanwhile trivial old and newer postings get tons of vews and responses... LOL... Wow...

Se la vi...
Truth is a diamond in the rough I guess...

Re: Hybrid Foods, Supplements, Superfoods, Vit B12/D, CALORIES, and setting the record straight
Posted by: irena ()
Date: September 14, 2008 02:32PM

I personally have never found bananas constipating, on the contrary, together with apples they seem to regulate my stools in both directions by bulking it up or softening it. Unripe bananas can be constipating but I think it is a misconception to believe that ripe, fresh bananas will lead to constipation.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 14, 2008 04:17PM

Thank you Wooway for your post....and trying to raise consciousness. In my own observation/experience, most folks are not even eating a basically healthy SAD diet.....so there is plenty of room for improvement there. You make a good point that there are a growing number of high-end/high % raw food folks in whom the issues you raise are certainly important ones to consider.

-The difficult part for anyone, these days, is not so much finding the information about how to eat 'healthier'....that information is out there. It's about finding a sustainable PROCESS that a person can be motivated and engaged in daily. A post telling people the futility of eating many of the fruits and vegetables that they are eating is probalby not the most heartening for many to hear! ha! ha!

-I think that....as poor a quality as some produce might be.....eating a wide variety of available local produce is still light years....health wise...ahead of where most folks are at in their diet.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: September 14, 2008 05:24PM

wooway Wrote:
> Why do people not thrive on raw fruits/veggies/greens usually?

I'm certainly thriving a lot better than I was on my cooked vegan diet or my healthy SAD diet. Just typing that made me remember the bad old days of my ill health (and I wasn't really sick or on drugs) and I felt overwhelming gratitute that I've found this raw food diet.

> DON't blend or drink smoothies/green smoothies..

I agree that green smoothies are the biggest food combining nightmare in the raw food world. People lump so much together. Flax seed powder and green powders with soft tropical fruit. If you were to prepare the fruit by cutting it up, would you then want to sprinkle it with flax seed powder and green powders? That would be ukk, but people mix those together in a smoothie all the time. It's like they take from every food group and mix them all together into the most flagrent violation of the food combining principles.

> ABOUT SEEDLESS FRUITS
>
> Hybridized, seedless fruits are VERY high in
> sugar. Therefore they take the water out of your
> body. Drinking a “smoothie” (very popular today)
> containing hybrid fruits overloads the body and
> actually CREATES thirst. (Note: If you find
> yourself overly thirsty,celery is very good to
> re-hydrate the body)

But, this is still fruit sugar (NOT the refined cane sugar that we buy in bags in the store that once contained 64 vitamins and minerals which have been destroyed by processing and is now more refined and processed than cocaine). When they process the sugar in fruit and reduce it down to a white powder THEN it might be bad for you.

How does sugar take water out of your body anyway? I know watermelon is a diuretic, but that is because of special properties associated with the watermelon and I believe you can get the same effect from just the watermelon seeds.

> Multiply all of this excessive sugar from the many hybrid fruits and vegetables
> we eat and we begin to understand why diabetes is so prevalent (and on the
> rise!) in our country.

That's so true, all the diabetics I know have deserted white flour, white sugar and animal products and eat copious amounts of hybrid fruit. Those hybrid fruits are DAAANGEROOOUUUS. ;-) Seriously, I thought diabetes was more of a problem of bleached flour, the bleaching agent harms the pancreas. Combine that with atibodies attacking bovine serum albumin from dairy, and simultaneously destroying pancreatic cells and you have more of an explanation for diabetes.

> When you do eat hybrid foods, you can ease their effect on your system by
> combining them with nuts or olives which contain fat and will lessen their
> effect on your blood sugar.

That WILL lessen the effect on your system, but only because it is bad food combining so you will get indigestion and not absorbtion.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2008 05:30PM by Lillianswan.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 14, 2008 05:45PM

Dr Pensanti's nutritional advice is not to different from David Wolfe's nutritional advice.

Hybridization of food is not a bad thing. Some things, like seedless watermelon taste horrible. But as bad as it tastes, it better for health than most of what SAD america is eating.

Hybridization means taking two different strains of plant and producing a new hybrid between the two. This happens in nature all the time, and happens among humans. Take a dark skin person and a light skin person, and their baby is going to have a skin color somewhere in between. Just as there is nothing wrong with a human hybrid, there is nothing wrong with a plant hybrid. One could argue against selective breeding though, enhancing one trait at the cost of the other traits. Again, this doesn't mean the food is bad, just that humans made the choice,not mother nature.

As for fat, I don't agree with all those food choices. Avocados are great, but oils are not. And fats ought to be limited to under 30%, under 20% is better, and under 10% is even better.

The soil argument is overstated. It is very easy to restore soil to optimal mineral content. Just add rock powder and compost. All of the earth's topsoil is becoming demineralized independent of our farming practices. Having plants grow in soil results in demineralization over thousands of years without human intervention.

Posted by: rufio ()
Date: September 14, 2008 06:15PM

wooway Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> DON't blend or drink smoothies/green smoothies..
> sounds neat, sounds fun, sounds simple and
> exciting and sopisticated, BUT, I've known even
> more people who have become bloated, constipated,
> and indigestion from these monstrosities

But I feel AMAZING when I drink them. My @#$%& is immaculate, too. Do I still refrain from drinking green smoothies? Or do I listen to the people who have digestion issues with them?

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: September 14, 2008 07:18PM

rufio Wrote:
> But I feel AMAZING when I drink them. My @#$%& is
> immaculate, too. Do I still refrain from
> drinking green smoothies? Or do I listen to the
> people who have digestion issues with them?
I agree with Rufio. I mix a lot of different
ingredients in my Green Smoothies, and have never had any
digestive problems. Plus, I feel Great, and am very Regular.
The only problem is size. How do you keep them under 44 ounces?......WY

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: September 15, 2008 12:14PM

Interesting post. In my humble opinion, organically growing your food (even in the city) and putting your produce waste back into the soil is the best way to compensate for the above info. It's a great stress buster, too.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: September 15, 2008 12:21PM

wooway,

you might consider providing Evidence of your claims.

Date: September 15, 2008 05:28PM

Very EXCELLENT post David! Valuable and sensible perspective...
That reverberates what the wonderful T COLIN CAMPBELL/CHINA STUDY book expounds, which is a uplifting book, I agree... along with Dr Joel Fuhrman...

Thanks for posting what you did! Everything in perspective and everything in context to keep balance.. but I will mention, I've been shopping Whole Foods/etc for about 7 years now, and the produce quality has went into the toilet, organic or not, local or distant, etc... the ripeness, freshness, and texture has tanked and the defects and spoilage rate have skyrocketed... I have wasted SO much $$$ buying produce and getting it home and it being bad already or having missed how bad the produce was before I left the store with it... that's what makes me more and more want to stick with 3-5 foods that I a) enjoy and b) can be gotten fresh, quality, and ripe almost every time so as not to waste money, (fruits/veggies) to eat every day, rarely rotating or eating anything else, and then use a diverse Green superfood powder to get all the missing trace mins, vits/mins, etc... this is seemingly becoming the superior way to optimal daily nutrition for the least amount of $$$ budget...

Date: September 15, 2008 05:34PM

Lillian, excellent post...

Re: the Hybrid Food article by Helen Pensanti, MD I posted...
I agree with you on the combining fats with sugars/fruits... horrible choice.. this is what Wolfe, Jubb, etc recommend, which is a food combining no-no, and raises insulin and fat storage simultaneously.

Sucrose isn't, as far I am aware, a natural sugar prevelent in natural, non hybrid fruits or veggies/greens... Fructose (in fruits) and glucose (in fruits and some veggies/greens, like kale) are the primary natural sugars that should be occuring... sucrose is a disaccharide and is not meant for regular human consumption...

Diabetes = ~$123 BILLION wasted per year in America..a shame... and the USDA/FDA/AMA/NIH/IOM/etc contuinue to recommend grains and starches... what a nightmare... starches actually cause most the problems of pancreas/insulin overload and debility...

Date: September 15, 2008 05:42PM

Greetings Brian,

Excellent post on your part. The point of Dr. Pensanti's Hybrid Food article was more narrow and I mentioned I don't agree with her later recommendations, per se Re: overt fats, etc.

Re: Hybrid fruits/veggies/food, what you are missing and Dr Doug Graham is missing, is that if nature produces a hybrid variation, it will either be genetically strong and vital (pest resistant, mineralized, etc) and thrive and survive, or it will be overtaken by pests, fungus/yeast/mold/etc... Nature regulates that way in the wild, and all resultant hybrids in nature WILL HAVE SEEDS AND WILL BE GENETICALLY vital and able to produce offspring..

That is totally different than devious seed/chemical/Big Agri companies (du pont, Monsanto, Cargill, etc etc) making sterile, unnatural and genetically, energetically deficient fruits/veggies hybrids for their sugar content, shelf life, size, etc... This is unhealthy for the human/animal consumer and degrades health... Leave those hybrid fruits/veggies crops outside of the protection and care of a farmers fence or field, and watch nature overtake and consume/destroy the weak plants due to humans jacking with them to where they aren't even naturally integrous or vital anymore... essentially not even being food anymore outside of some sugar/carbs and water...

Do you understand the difference? This is no minor difference or issue.. this is at the HEART of choosing which fruits/veggies you (everyone) should be buying and consuming... not a side issue.

Informant

Date: September 15, 2008 05:43PM

Hmmm... I've got a friend who has OK bowel movements while eating 2 Big Macs at a time, so his advice to consume 2 Big Macs is sound and effective?

See how that is not proof enough?

Date: September 15, 2008 05:47PM

Where evidence required is requested, I will do my best to provide it...

BUT, many progressive and profound health and nutritional ideas and recommendations have little if any "scientific" evidence outside of nature, experience, conclusive research, inference, logical estimations, facts about nutrition/biochemistry/biology/digestion/agriculture/etc. Ex: food combining; orthodoxy will 99.9% of the time deny food combining is a legitimate biological Truth or practice, but anyone here who is worth their weight knows it's biologically and anatomically true.

Etc.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: September 15, 2008 06:26PM

more specifically then, just as one example, when you make assertions about the nutritional inadequacy of foods, you might want to provide some numbers.

i'm sure there are other parts of your posts that would be better received if you provided real evidence.

Date: September 15, 2008 07:06PM

There are sometimes DOZENS of articles online if you do a 5min search...

"Food is only as good as the earth it comes from..."

I've got THOUSANDS of articles and links saved on my computer, it could take me 30mins to find anything, LOL...

HERE ARE A FEW:

Is Agribusiness Making Food Less Nutritious?
[www.oasisadvancedwellness.com]

Is Modern Food Still Your Best Medicine? (I don't agree with the conclusions)
[www.yourhealthbase.com]

Vegetables Without Vitamins
[www.soilandhealth.org]

Today's Fruits & Vegetables Lack Yesterday's Nutrition
[www.oasisadvancedwellness.com]

United States Senate Document #264 (Congress meeting in 1936 discussing DEFICIENT FOOD BACK THEN!!!)
[healthenlightenment.com]

Cobalt for Soil and Animal Health (why people are B12 deficient, cobalt is gone from the soils completely... aside, I don't agree with 99% of Weson Price fnd)
[westonaprice.org]

A Guide to Heirloom Varieties and Community-Based Stewardship.
[www.nal.usda.gov]

Evidence-Based Nutrition and the Problem of Proof
[www.supplysideshow.com]

Mineral deficiency in food must be tackled, says expert
[www.foodnavigator.com]

Remineralisation vital for future of food
[www.nutraingredients.com]

Do a few searches to assauge your fears... The SOILS are shot, even organic farms don't have everything...

Informant

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 16, 2008 05:57AM

wooway,

You ought to watch the 20/20 segment on orthorexia. The sick people there are filled with fear and pain, and a lot of that pain comes from information that folk like yourself promote.

Fear and pain. Is this your intention?

I went for 41 years eating cooked commercial foods, with meat and fast foods and all, and I never had any mineral deficiencies. Now I am eating the best organic raw foods there is, and I get people like you telling my food is deficient. Why is it that when I am eating better and more nutritious foods than I ever did in my first 41 years of life that I need to worry about supplementation?

Why do you insist on increasing fear in the community? Do you think you are helping people? Or are you creating more orthorexics like on the 20/20 segment?

And by the way, I have not supplemented at all over the last 7 years, and I feel great. I also see no signs of mineral deficiencies in my health. So why should I trust your information over my own personal experiences?

And yourself, what are you own personal experiences about mineral deficiencies? What kind of foods were you eating when you noticed your deficiencies, and how do you know that mineral deficiencies were the cause of your loss of health?

My own parents are in the 70's, and mineral deficiency is the least of their concerns, and they see plenty of doctors, and none of them are talking about my parents being mineral deficient. And my parents eat cooked commercial foods, and don't buy organic. If anything, my parents are suffering from conditions of over-nutrition, not under-nutrition. Did I mention they've been eating this way for 70 years?

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: September 16, 2008 07:46PM

wooway Wrote:
> Greetings Brian,
>
> Excellent post on your part. The point of Dr.
> Pensanti's Hybrid Food article was more narrow and
> I mentioned I don't agree with her later
> recommendations, per se Re: overt fats, etc.
>
> Re: Hybrid fruits/veggies/food, what you are
> missing and Dr Doug Graham is missing, is that if
> nature produces a hybrid variation, it will either
> be genetically strong and vital (pest resistant,
> mineralized, etc) and thrive and survive, or it
> will be overtaken by pests,
> fungus/yeast/mold/etc... Nature regulates that way
> in the wild, and all resultant hybrids in nature
> WILL HAVE SEEDS AND WILL BE GENETICALLY vital and
> able to produce offspring..
>
> That is totally different than devious
> seed/chemical/Big Agri companies (du pont,
> Monsanto, Cargill, etc etc) making sterile,
> unnatural and genetically, energetically deficient
> fruits/veggies hybrids for their sugar content,
> shelf life, size, etc... This is unhealthy for the
> human/animal consumer and degrades health... Leave
> those hybrid fruits/veggies crops outside of the
> protection and care of a farmers fence or field,
> and watch nature overtake and consume/destroy the
> weak plants due to humans jacking with them to
> where they aren't even naturally integrous or
> vital anymore... essentially not even being food
> anymore outside of some sugar/carbs and water...
>
> Do you understand the difference? This is no minor
> difference or issue.. this is at the HEART of
> choosing which fruits/veggies you (everyone)
> should be buying and consuming... not a side
> issue.
>
>
> Informant

Yor logic is sound here, but still you must admit that SAD eaters will still be healthier including even excessively hybridized fruit/veggies, than not including them???

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: September 17, 2008 03:32PM

What should one eat in the fall and winter?

Also, how come medjool dates have pits, yet you call them seedless? Just curious.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables