Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Quantum Eating
Posted by: roadrunner ()
Date: September 18, 2008 11:27PM

Does anyone here Quantum eat? I know Ive heard this topic here somewhere.
I read up on it and im very interested. Eventually I will get the book.
I am no longer eating after 5 and not eating again the next day until noon.
This is where i began today. Fasting is a big part of this style of eating and im all for that, the body is much more efficient on LESS food. I find the LESS i eat the more energy I have and feel MUCH better! also the body absorbs the nutrients in the food much more efficiently when we eat at the time we are TRULY hungry!
Rob

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Quantum Eating
Posted by: pampam ()
Date: September 19, 2008 12:00AM

HI ROB, I am reading tanya zavasta's book Quantum eating. The book is packed full of interesting things regarding raw foods and raw food lifestyle. Tanya's focus is on longetivity and youthing rather than ageing. I am amazed with the things she has discovered. The book is so full of information I am going to have to read it several times.

I sasw her speak in Seattle a couple of weeks ago, she is very inspireing.

I love her face cream too, you can find her web page at [www.beautifulonraw.com] I have been trying to have a cut off time but have been fudging the past few days. I will be starting to have a quit time soon.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: September 19, 2008 12:11AM

roadrunner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anyone here Quantum eat?
I've tried it spasmodically. It's the best way
to eat (IMO) if you can do it. In Theory, one takes in less
food and has more energy. In Practice, for me anyway, it's
difficult to undereat for any length of time having to listen
to the comments of other people......WY

Date: September 19, 2008 12:22AM

Thanks PamPam, i cant wait to get the book. but for now i have to just get information from here and online from blogs. I just put new brakes on my truck
and paid off a boatload of bills so im tapped out for funds to buy the book.
Hey Wheatgrass,
Arent you the one who has said you dont eat after 2 pm?
And as far as the 2 meals a day thats about how it works out, at noon and around 4 or 5 then thats it.
Rob

Date: September 19, 2008 12:39AM

roadrunner Wrote:
> Hey Wheatgrass,
> Arent you the one who has said you dont eat after
> 2 pm?
The Ideal is to eat at 6am and 2pm, followed
by an 16-hour Dry Fast. 8 and 4 works best for me. To
start with, your 2 meals can be quite Large to help with
feelings of deprivation. Then gradually cut back, and keep
cutting back until you feel your best. Let your weight find
its own level. That's all "in theory"....."in practice" may
be different.
I'd like to hear how others are 'quantum eating', and what
works for them.....WY

Date: September 19, 2008 12:54AM

Ok so where do you drink water? or do you? first thing in the morning up untill noon I drink a lot of water, then at noonish i eat, then last meal at 5 but I want to quit eating at 2.

PamPam does it have anything i the book on water? i heard we can drink all the water in the world and still be dehydraded.

I also read that eating when not hungry or before its time to eat causes dry skin, well my skin is always dry.

Rob

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: September 19, 2008 01:48PM

Tanya zavasta does not drink water. She says she eats food that has water in it. She does bikram yoga and after eats 1/2 a watermellon. The theary in water is our body draws off the water in the cells particulary the fat cells and I have a lot of fat still. Her theory is to get the cells rercirculating by not drinking water. I have not drank the recomended 8 glasses of water for a month now There are times I do drink a small glass of water, especially when I have been working outside in the hot sun. I am noticing my hands and feet are not so puffey. I am still reading her book and will have to reread it to get a better understanding on the things she is saying. I do feel best when I am eating less and when I adhere to not eating late in the night.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: September 19, 2008 02:00PM

>Does anyone here Quantum eat?<

I was doing Quantum Eating for awhile; would like to do it again, but for some reason I haven't been able to lately. When I did it awhile back, it was great! I think it's a wonderful concept, and I love Tonya's book by the same name.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: September 19, 2008 02:45PM

pampam Wrote:
> Tanya zavasta does not drink water. She says she
> eats food that has water in it.
I'm approaching this from a different point-
of-view. Water is needed to 'flush' the Body. In a 'Perfect
Body', I'm sure we were meant to get all our water from our food,
but I'm drinking water between the two 'quantum' meals, in addition
to adding water to the meals themselves.
Does anyone else here drink Water??......WY

Posted by: karmele ()
Date: September 19, 2008 09:01PM

Wow. Blows my mind. How do you guys eat enough nutrients in just two meals? Are you not afraid of falling short in the intake of most essential nutrients (whether calcium, protein, iron, calories, minerals, etc). Are you guys not afraid it will be discovered in 10 years time that you have done a great dis-service to your health by depriving yourselves of all those nutrients? I mean, I try and do as much raw as possible (only starting out), but I am told I have to eat close to half a pound of greens, plus some other veggies (for variety and other nutrients), plus a lot of fruit (for calories) plus some nuts and seeds for all the various nutrients not found in enough amount in fruits and veggies like proteins and calcium. How do you guys eat ALL OF THAT in two sittings? I find it difficult to do it all throughout the day, let alone in two goes. I know some of your are going to tell me that the recommended amounts calcium and protein intake are greatly exaggerated etc but still, surely we do need more than a minimum of it.

I also completely disagree with not drinking water, I think it is essential for the body to drink enough water no matter how many fruits and veggies we eat, I mean depriving the body of water, what's that about?

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 19, 2008 09:16PM

karmele,

I currently eat 2 meals a day, but my first meal starts at 2pm to 3pm. If I were to do the quantum eating, I wonder if that would take me down to 1 meal a day, since I don't like to eat in the morning.

As far as drinking water, if you are thirsty, definitely drink water. But for people eating mostly fresh raw fruits and salads, they are definitely hydrated enough without water. People are 70% water. If the foods you are eating over over 70% water, you will have a water surplus, not a water deficit. It when people eat cooked foods, that are less that 70%, that a water deficit develops.

The other things that makes water necessary are toxins in the foods. If a raw person heavily salts their food, they will be thirsty, even if they eat tons of fruits and salads. So in this case, if they feel thirsty from eating salt, they definitely need to drink water.

The solution to pollution is dilution.

Posted by: karmele ()
Date: September 19, 2008 09:33PM

> As far as drinking water, if you are thirsty,
> definitely drink water. But for people eating
> mostly fresh raw fruits and salads, they are
> definitely hydrated enough without water.

Yep, I totally agree that with these types of foods you don't get thirsty, because it has happened to me, and you are hydrated enough. But a diet that advocates that drinking water is not good even if you're thirsty? I think that's MAD.

Date: September 19, 2008 09:43PM

karmele,

Here is something to keep in mind as you make your raw journey, a quote from a Japanese poet Matsuo Basho: "Seek not to follow in the footstep of the masters. Seek what the masters sought."

Date: September 23, 2008 05:19AM

Bryan Wrote:
> .....a quote from a Japanese poet Matsuo
> Basho: "Seek not to follow in the footstep of the
> masters. Seek what the masters sought."
Very profound!! Raw Foodism, especially
Quantum Eating, is the path to obtain the highest
form of Spirituality. Adjust this Truth to fit
your individual needs. Keep on keeping on until you get it
right. Hold yourself in the highest Esteem.
You know what to do.....WY

Date: September 23, 2008 06:05AM

Wheatgrass,

How long have you been playing with Quantum Eating? Have you seen any improvements in your health or energy since starting?

Posted by: Ariel55 ()
Date: September 23, 2008 06:18AM

Bryan Wrote:
> .....a quote from a Japanese poet Matsuo
> Basho: "Seek not to follow in the footstep of the
> masters. Seek what the masters sought."

Thanks for that quote Bryan, a good reminder.

I also enjoyed the book Quantum Eating, I find trying to stick to the no food after 2pm quite a challenge so not doing that but am drinking less water now after reading that book, and stopped adding a pinch of salt to water after reading what she said about salt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2008 06:19AM by Ariel55.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 23, 2008 12:47PM

I have been engaging in "Quantum Eating" for a little over one month. I have seen some shockingly amazing improvements. I did not ease into it, I just went for it, and it took my body about the first three weeks to adjust to the energy levels. I had troubles sleeping from too much energy. Exercise seemed to produce even more, haha. Now I feel I am on a better sleeping cycle. I do feel I am doing alot of healing and cleaning in the body, which can only be expected. The use of a 24 or more hour fasts every week is also of great help. I feel really great on vastly different levels. The body will adapt to any form of treatment you give it over a period of time. The results from my personal experience of this adaption are quite profound and I am interested as more developments evolve from the experiment.

Date: September 25, 2008 04:03PM

Bryan Wrote:
> Wheatgrass,
> How long have you been playing with Quantum
> Eating? Not long enough....maybe 3 months. It's
difficult for me to stay with restrictions in Diet. I think
'purpose in life' would help me....and everyone else too.

> Have you seen any improvements in your health or energy
> since starting? I want to clean, clean, clean
everything around me as I get cleaner on the inside.....WY

Posted by: annex ()
Date: October 12, 2008 02:16PM

Does Quantum Eating also involve calorie restriction? If so, what is a recommended calorie intake? I imagine it varies, but is it a strict number or a percentage of the calories you "burn"?

Date: October 12, 2008 02:54PM

annex Wrote:
> Does Quantum Eating also involve calorie
> restriction?
Yes, it's a dietary plan that enables one
to have more energy, and have a more youthful body, on
less food. I think the 'beauty' of any plan is to modify it
to fit your own individual needs, and get even better results
than the original plan promised.
Anyway, "Quantum Eating"....'the ultimate elixir of youth'
by Tonya Zavasta, is a Must Read.....WY

Posted by: cy ()
Date: October 12, 2008 03:15PM

I've been following the quantum eating since January,9 months now. I have my huge (32 oz)green smoothie or green juice in the morning,than a huge salad at lunch time.Some nuts as a dessert.I don't feel thirsty at all.
I can eat a whole watermellon on one sitting sometimes.

I went to see my blood and the doctor told me to have B12. I feel great!!

Posted by: annex ()
Date: October 12, 2008 04:50PM

cy,

that's mainly my diet! except i get hungry (or something) when i come home from work. maybe it just feels weird that i don't eat dinner, i don't know. but on certain days i can use 2500 calories. it seems weird to get only 1/2 that.

as a side note, i put nutritional yeast on my salads... it's the only non-raw thing i eat, but it's the only natural vegan source of b12.

i don't know if i could ever go with the no water thing. it seems like all animals drink water. i guess i should get her book since i have so many questions, but i am watching my finances right now.

thanks

Posted by: cy ()
Date: October 13, 2008 02:07AM

Annex,
for me a hude smoothie or green juice and a salad takes my thirsty away. But if I am thirsty,that is rare,I drink water,I don't care.
I did 2 dry fastings. First one for 12 hours and that was hard. I had ear ache all night and at morning I was fine. The second one,36 hours,was easier and I felt amazing. I want to do a 3 day dry fasting,but I think I have to really feel like doing.For now I am fine.

I think that we are all the same but different.So I try to go after all the things that makes me feel good. This is the most important thing for me.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 14, 2008 03:48AM

Bryan Wrote:
> The other things that makes water necessary are
> toxins in the foods.

Toxins are also elsewhere besides food.

Even besides that your statement isn't factually accurate.

Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: October 14, 2008 06:04PM

This is interesting. I wonder if eating twice a day would make my blood sugar crash (diabetes) or if it would stabilize it. I might need to guzzle water to stave off hunger. Interesting. Don't you get hungry?

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Posted by: richard blackman ()
Date: October 14, 2008 07:13PM

I only drink water when I'm thirsty and that's not that often in the fall and even when I do drink water I drink less than 400ml at a time because that usually satisfies me.

I think these ways of eating like Quantum eating and 80/10/10,etc are already within us/provided by nature and are nothing new, it's just that some people need others to bottle it, package it and sell it back to us in order for us to take notice. All of these diets basically boil down to following your own intuition anyway.

I also don't agree with setting certain times to eat either, I think that's getting in the way of your own intuition. Folks on the SAD diet call this "intermitant fasting" or "the calorie restriction diet" it's been around for a long time and the people that do it also report great progress.

Juss my opinion.

RB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2008 07:15PM by richard blackman.

Date: October 15, 2008 02:51AM

I think the Best approach to Quantum Eating is to deny
yourself just a little bit. Cut down, and eventually cut
out things in your diet that you know shouldn't be there.
...i.e. be a little uncomfortable.
Self-denial also builds Character. Feel good about yourself.
If you don't, make some changes. "The Secret of Habits", by Dr.
Stanley Bass says it best......WY
[www.drbass.com]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 15, 2008 09:39AM

Posted by: stylestacey ()
Date: October 15, 2008 11:31PM

Does She recommend eating different foods everyday? I am worried that I might get a vitamin deficiency.

Date: October 16, 2008 03:03AM

stylestacey Wrote:
> Does She recommend eating different foods
> everyday?
There are about 30-pages of Recipes, with a wide
range of foods.....even Garlic and Onion are included....WY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2008 03:11AM by Wheatgrass Yogi.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables