Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Will Juicing Hurt Elimination?
Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: September 28, 2008 04:15AM

I just got a juicer. (yay me!) and was wondering if drinking lots of juice hurts the elimination because the fiber is separated.

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Will Juicing Hurt Elimination?
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 28, 2008 05:21AM

If you eat enough fiber, things should be OK. I personally think its better to eat as much fiber as you can get and not waste it.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 28, 2008 05:47AM

I agree with Bryan. My experience is: in the short-term...no. Juicing should actually stimulate elimination. Long-term, is a different matter. Of course, juicing is very cleansing....and some folks react....ummm....not well to sudden shifts in eating lifestyle. I don't recommend going from pizza to juicing, sprouts and enemas overnight! LOL.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: September 28, 2008 06:35AM

I like to do both. I juice carrots and celery because otherwise I just don't seem to get them in everyday and juicing them is delicious and gets carrots for the eyes and celery for the sodium into my diet. On the other hand I find it easy to eat fruits, veggie salads, and wraps as is with no more processing then to cut them and eat them or put them into a salad or wrap. If I were to do one or the other (fortunately I don't have to do that) I would choose the whole food with all its fiber because I know that my body uses the fiber to help eliminate toxins. IMO finding the right amount of daily fiber to keep "regular" is very important to every body.

Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: September 28, 2008 01:18PM

Thanks! I think I'll have a few glasses a week as an eveing snack. Just because I enjoy it. :-)

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Posted by: dancerinthenight ()
Date: September 28, 2008 01:35PM

I love juice everyday. I drink a quart of green juice mid-day. I think for people like you and me, people who have challenges assimilating and digesting, juice is awesome. It is a sure-fire way to know that your cells are getting some instant nutrition and necessary vitamins and minerals. Juice feels like nectar in my body.

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: September 28, 2008 11:50PM

I LOOOOVE juice.

I am like 80/10/10 with green smoothies and juicing all rolled into one new fad diet

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: September 29, 2008 11:35AM

If juicing means you don't get enough fiber, it isn't all good.

If you do get enough fiber from your other foods, it's ok.

Your body needs fiber. Not just for elimination. In the large intestine, bacteria ferment the soluble fibers into short-chain fatty acids that your body needs for optimal health.

They say we need 30 g per day of fiber, but I think 60 or more is better.

Getting a lot of fiber is especially important for diabetics.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables