Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Aerogarden
Posted by: kiki_day ()
Date: October 19, 2008 02:29AM

Just wondering if anyone has one and what their experience has been. Winter is coming and I've been toying with the idea of starting an indoor garden in my apartment. I have never gardened in my life though (this 'seems' like a fool-proof way to begin) and would really like to cut down on my grocery bill. Any feedback on the product is welcomed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Aerogarden
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 19, 2008 05:07AM

Sounds like a great project. I've done something similar. In terms of money, you are likely NOT going to recoup in vegetables your investment of $125 + monthly electricity. It's more a labor of love....so go to it! Alternately, I would try small containers of soil in any location you can get some sun (window sill, balcony, etc.). Alternately, there is always 'guerrilla gardening' or asking a nearby friend if you could set up a container garden in his backyard! Ha! ha! Fun..fun.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: kiki_day ()
Date: October 19, 2008 05:43AM

After doing more research I've decided to start off sprouting. I'm sure I will love it and even if I don't get it perfect the first time, I'm just a few days away from another batch. I have Ann Wigmore's Sprouting Book and have been on the sproutpeople website a lot---they have so much info it's crazy! Thanks for the advice though. I think when next summer comes I'm going to try and grow some veggies out on the balcony. Between the sprouts and greens (I can't wait to grow my own sunflower greens!!!) and a few herbs I'd like to grow, I should be set for a while. I live on the top (3rd) floor of our apt. building and both my balcony and kitchen face the west so I shouldn't have a problem with sunlight. I'm excited but a little overwhelmed with how many 'things' I need to buy to get started. I know that once I get the trays, jars, hemp bags, topsoil, composting barrels and seeds that I will be set for a long time though and hopefully that will pay off in the long run. Is it normal to use a plastic garbage can for a composting barrel?

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: October 19, 2008 03:37PM

These sites seem to meet the needs relaated to gardening with limited space:

[www.agardenpatch.com]

[www.earthbox.com]

[www.hydrostacker.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables