Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Changing my Career
Posted by: stylestacey ()
Date: October 22, 2008 05:06PM

HI All,

I have been thinking about this a lot lately and would like some advice. I am currently a fashion designer, but since the second I learned about raw food/food combining/natural hygiene I have been obsessed. I keep reading and reading, learning and learning, filling my head with information, and now I have a deep desire to help others regain their lives and be free from their illnesses.

I could become a certified chief and start my own raw food cooking classes....but I feel like I want and need to do more! I have been thinking of maybe going back to school to become a nutritionist or ???

I live in Los Angeles, and was wondering what college's I should start looking into? or is there an intern program somewhere that I could attend in different fields of these businesses so i could better decide what I would like to study, and meet like-minded people?

Any advice on internships, volunteer programs, career paths, or college's would be really helpful?

Thank you so much,
Stacey

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Changing my Career
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 22, 2008 05:47PM

City University Los Angeles has a program in natural hygiene/nutrition you might want to check out.

Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: October 22, 2008 11:06PM

Hi Stacey,

I hear you! I too have been dabbling in raw chef certification and/or nutritionist certification!

Here are a few leads:
www.rawfoodchef.com - living light culinary institute, raw chef certification
www.treeoflife.nu - has chef certification, and Spiritual Nutrition: Vegan and Live Food Mastery
www.hippocratesinst.org - The Hippocrates Health Educator Program

Sunflower
Raw Food Chef and Writer
Comfortably Raw
[www.comfortablyraw.com]

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: October 23, 2008 12:57AM

Another site that offers certifications is [rawchefdan.com].

I haven't come across feedback from anyone who has gone through their program, but the presentation of the food pictures on the site are appealing to the eye.

Date: October 23, 2008 01:18AM

Bryan- have you or do you know someone that has completed that course?

have you ever heard of [www.livingnutrition.com]

thanks!
Stacey

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: October 23, 2008 11:31PM

yeah i got a little obsessed with raw food too and nutrition too; i almost forgot about my other interests..yikes

Date: October 24, 2008 04:58PM

i have the same post on another forum, and getting a lot of responses if anyone is interested.

[www.rawfoodtalk.com]

and

[www.goneraw.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables