Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anyone know if you can freeze polcarbonate type plastic?
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: November 01, 2008 04:49PM

Well let me know before I try it and it cracks. lol The containers don't say you can or can't....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone know if you can freeze polcarbonate type plastic?
Posted by: baltochef ()
Date: November 01, 2008 08:51PM

Polycarbonate plastics are rigid..They are not, as a general rule, designed to withstand cold temperatures very well..Their molecular structure fractures easily when cold, much easier than at room temperatures..And, most polycarbonate plastics break fairly easily at room temps..

Bruce

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: November 03, 2008 02:26PM

Thanks. Won't do it then.

What's with these things anyway? I thought polycarbonate was recommended for some reason but I can't get the plastic smell out of it and I washed it twice. I'm guessing that smell means they're leaching?

Posted by: baltochef ()
Date: November 03, 2008 03:48PM

All plastics leach, it just depends to what degree..When you get right down to it, the only safe things to store food in that are inert are glass & certain kinds of ceramics..

The problem is that we have transitioned from a rural agricultural society that purchased its foods fresh every day, or every other day; to an urban society that wants to do its shopping for fresh foods only once a week..Storing foods for long periods of time in glass or ceramics to preserve & or transport is just not convenient..

Removing all plastics from one's life is a daunting task..I'm not sure that it could even be accomplished, if only on the most limited scale in one's residence..And, that would require an incredibly major undertaking & rearranging of how one lived one's life..

Bruce

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables