Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Questions about juice feasting
Posted by: pippin07 ()
Date: November 20, 2008 09:35PM

Hello All!

Ive been reading a bit and watching some videos about juice feasting and am thinking this is something I may like to try and am curious to hear from others on this. Has anyone here done juice feasting? It sounds like it could be quite expensive and time consuming to make a gallon of juice per day. I think it takes me about 30-45 minutes to juice about a quart of juice with my green star, including clean up time. If any one has done the gallon per day, how much time did it take?

Also if I'm not mistaking it sounds like juice feasting includes the addition of some supplements in the form of some type of super foods.

I would like to try juice feasting but would be put off it it required the addition of supplements as that is something I don't think I could fit into my food budget along with the cost of all the produce it takes to make a gallon of juice per day.

Thanks in advance for your response!
Denise

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Questions about juice feasting
Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: November 22, 2008 03:43PM

Hi Pipin,

I juice feasted for 45 days. The cost was about $20/day. The time varies depending on the equipment you use. Using a greenstar it would take me about 1.5 to 2 hours each morning to make a gallon of juice (3 quarts green juice and 1 quart orange/grapefruit juice) I always use an electric citrus juicer for the orange/grapefruit juice. The only supplements I used were MSM powder in my morning drink (with 1 quart water and some freshly squeezed lemon), Bee Pollen occasionally blended into my orange/grapefruit juice, Hemp Oil (occasionally added to a green juice), and Coconut Oil the odd time at night when I was hungry but couldn't bear the thought of making more juice!

In my experience, the fastest way to juice is with a Breville Juice Fountain Elite. You would be able to create your gallon of juice in an hour (including clean up time). Although this juicer produces wet pulp and there is more waste.

If you have a vitamix or blendtec or even a decent non high speed blender this can work quite well too! You could produce your gallon of juice in 1-1.5 hours using a blender, a bit of water to get the blender going (start with the juicest ingredients first), and a nut milk bag to strain it all after. This will produce the least pulp but may be tough on your hands, and if you squeeze too hard may mean you need to replace your nut milk bag quite often.

You don't have to add supplements. You may want to try juicing one day and see how much time it takes you and the cost. Try it on a day when you don't have anything else planned as you may go into detox mode by the afternoon and perhaps the next day too. The first few days are hard between detoxing, adjusting mentally and physically to only consuming liquid. But as the days go by you will start to feel incredible, healthful, enlightened... Just be careful when you go back to solids the longer you juice for the more time you will need to safely transition back.

Sunflower
Raw Food Chef and Writer
Comfortably Raw
[www.comfortablyraw.com]

Re: Questions about juice feasting
Posted by: pippin07 ()
Date: November 23, 2008 01:55AM

Rawsun,

Thanks for the response. I was wondering if anybody was going to post a reply. ;-)

@ $20 per day that would be about $600 per month, which is about what my food bill is now with me raw and my daughter who eats sad. I could probably pull a juice feast off but not the supplements unless I went into my savings or charged them. And at this point I think I'm feeling desperate enough to do just that. How can we put a price tag on health right?

I have a greenstar and a vitamix. It doesn’t sound like juicing by vita mix would be an option for me because I have bad hands due to arthritis and dupretins disease. I physically would be unable to do all that squeezing. I will just have to get up really early in the mornings to juice with my greenstar.

Did you do any of the colonics or enemas that are recommended? Did you set out to do 45 days or were you shooting for the 92 days?

I been eating 80/10/10 and feel that I could probably eventually accomplish my health goals eating that way, but I can’t seem to stay on tract with it because I still haven’t kicked my caffeine addition, and I ultimately end up eating sad, and not healthy sad at that. I feel that the juice feasting will give me the edge I need to finally kick the addictions and help tremendously in my healing quest. I am also hoping the juice feast will help me emotionally detox and reconnect with my spiritually.

Thanks once again!
Denise

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables