Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What do you eat?
Posted by: streambeam ()
Date: December 19, 2008 03:42AM

I was wondering what kind of things you guys eat. For breakfast, lunch and dinner. I would love to get some meal ideas for myself, I'm three weeks into this and finding it difficult to keep some sort of variety going. Any sample menu's you can post would help me out alot, just the simple daily things ya'll eat is ok. By the way thanxs for ya'lls replys to my diabetes question, been finding out alot more great info. Thanxs again.

P.s Sorry about the (ya'lls) i'm from texas.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What do you eat?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 19, 2008 04:44AM

Hi Ya'll!
Typical daily menu...salads vary alot.
Breakfast: watermelon and cantaloupe smoothies,bowl of mixed citrus fruits,bananas
Lunch: Romaine and spinach salads w/ sprouts,tomato,cucumber.Pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
Supper: Same as lunch,occasional steamed brocoli,greenbeans,brussle sprouts in a light veggie broth.

Snacks: dont ask (I am not 100% raw) smiling smiley usually popcorn

About a half gallon of distilled water per day.

Brian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2008 04:47AM by Raw1228.

Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: December 19, 2008 02:34PM

Green Smoothies
Fresh Fruit
Salads - endless possibilities
When I have time and feel creative I make more complex recipes.

This morning for breakfast I had frozen bananas and frozen mangoes pressed through the blank screen of my green star juicer. And voila ice cream. So sweet and delicious.

Sunflower
Raw Food Chef and Writer
Comfortably Raw
[www.comfortablyraw.com]

Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: December 19, 2008 02:37PM

Stream Beam check out my inspiration page on my website.

[www.comfortablyraw.com]

While I certainly don't advocate eating complex gourmet meals all the time, they can help with cravings, social settings, or just to have something a little more like what you were used to as a meal (not just fruit, veggies, etc).

Sunflower
Raw Food Chef and Writer
Comfortably Raw
[www.comfortablyraw.com]

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: December 20, 2008 02:33AM

fruit for breakfast

salad for lunch, every single solitary day, I have a reputation and work that requires upholding.

dinner = more salad or cooked (gasp) vegs.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: December 20, 2008 02:57AM

I don't plan out my meals for the day or for that matter even for the next meal. I eat most of my meals as mono meals and I keep enough fresh raw food around so that I have plenty of RAWlicious choices. Also if I get an urge for something I don't have on hand if I really want it I go get it because its all about promptly responding to the body's signals.

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: December 20, 2008 05:12AM

After two years of all raw I find myself wanting mostly juices. I rotate between juicing grapes, oranges, apples, and tomatoes.
Sometimes, one or two of the aforementioned each day. I also eat 2 or 3 bananas every 2 days or so.
Once in a long while I eat a little coconut meat or some other fruit if I feel like it.
I find that I'm eating less and less and feeling better and better. I remember my astonishment when I first went raw and heard about people living on liquids, and my heavy scepticism when I first heard about breatharianism.
I thought then that the kooks have made their way into the raw food movement. Yet today I find myself headed down the same path.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2008 05:13AM by brian1cs.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: December 20, 2008 03:51PM

On an ideal day, I'll have a big smoothie for breakfast consisting of kale, ground flax seeds and whatever fruit I have on hand. At this time of year, lunch will be a raw, warm, spicy soup with avo, miso, spirulina, garlic, bean sprouts and assorted veggies (usually carrots and mushrooms), and for dinner, a huge salad with lime and avo. Summers -- I pretty much graze in the garden all day long and have a big salad and homemade popsicles with my young'un. I also occasionally make recipes from my uncookbooks (Cousens, Phyo and Cohen so far), or just make stuff up -- playin' with mah food!!!

Posted by: shane ()
Date: December 20, 2008 10:56PM

I eat berries for breakfast -- all mashed and blended up together with coconut water. When I run out of money because they're expensive, I eat other fruit for breakfast -- oranges, bananas, tangerines, apples, pears, I follow the seasons and I try to stay organic and local. Not always easy, sure.

For lunch, I eat a big salad everyday that's just about identical: 3 or 4 cups of mixed greens, about a cup of spinach, a cup of tomatoes, a cup of red bell pepper, mushrooms (love them!), a cup of broccoli sprouts, a cup of broccoli, a cup of cauliflower, a handful of olives, some cucumber. Sometimes I put olive oil on this big mess, other times not. Sometimes I eat darker greens, kale and collard greens, they're great.

For a snack, throughout the day, I eat around 40 grams or so of dark chocolate. The chocolate science is overwhelming, imho, just don't overdo it. I drink a lot of green and white tea, and I know it's not always my friend, this tea, and I know chemically it does some things. I get most of my liquid from my high-water fruits and vegetables, and when I'm thirsty I sometimes drink -- eeek!-- tap water.

For dinner, I eat a few cooked sweet potatoes, maybe some more berries, sometimes cooked brussels sprouts, especially if it's cold outside and I'm cold and I need something warm. I've been digging cooked purple potatoes, too. I definitely try to eat heavier food in the evening, but I don't like to eat too close to bedtime because I'd rather be sleeping than digesting.

I track all of this on one of these internet tracking sites, and I've been doing this for a few years. It's just a habit, and I already know what my numbers will be: I go over the RDA on almost everything except for B12, D, and sodium. So every now and then I supplement. And every now and then I'll eat some Brazil nuts for selenium, or some walnuts or almonds or macademia nuts. I like them, maybe they're even good for my arteries.

My diet is not boring to me at all, not one bit, but most of my friends think I'm really weird: "That's just SHANE," they say, "he's a little 'special'" and they roll their eyes and no one hassles anyone else about what they eat...least of all me...

Posted by: streambeam ()
Date: December 21, 2008 10:55PM

Tell me about it shane....I haven't told but 2 people and they think its about as queer as a 3 dollar bill. So I wont be tellin anyone for quit a while. But I really like it! I'm about to hit the one month mark and I havent fallen off the wagon, I'm so freakin proud of myself(yay). I never thought Id make it this far, lord knows im still transitioning but really with just a few last items that get me thru, but im confident they'll be gone soon. Here's a question for anyone. Im almost a month into it as i mentioned, and most of my appetite is gone. In comparison to what I used to eat, its almost scary how little I eat anymore. Is this normal? I feel ok, just a little weak at times but good for the most part. Thanxs for any responses.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: December 22, 2008 02:17AM

Hey Streambeam!--

I'll trade you my strong appetite for your weak one... okay? ;-)

Lately I've been having juice in the morning. Yesterday I juiced a large cantaloupe. Yesterday's lunch was guacamole. Later on I had my notorious frozen banana chunks and then I dry fasted for 13 hours. Then today I had pineapple/ orange/apple juice (3glasses) for breakfast, followed later by a small salad, a 'Ginger Soother,' then one of those commercial raw nori wrap snacks. Then I started dry fasting at 4:30pm.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: cherimoya ()
Date: December 23, 2008 07:06AM

Juicy fruits and sweet fruits a lot of tomatoes and cucumbers and sometimes squach.
Today I started to eat some tangerines but they were not so sweet so I switched to mangos and they were so good.
Later some orange jackfruit cant wait and maybe some cucumbers afterwards.

Last night I had pumpkin and tomatoes with some red peppers and lime and baby eggplants.
I have been getting great fresh pumpkins lately that have been very sweet.

Cherimoya,
Peace Love and Happiness,

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 28, 2008 12:54AM

I succumbed to baked potatoes today.
All smothered in butter,chives,and bacon bits.
Comfort food folks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2008 12:55AM by Raw1228.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables