Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

back from the dark side
Posted by: byHIShands ()
Date: January 01, 2009 05:57AM

So i recently decided to go back to cooked food and eating "normally" i am miserable and feel awful look awful. the whole nine yards.
i hate everything about my body right now!
I am eating a TON of food. i am never satisfied and i am so confused all the time.
I want to go back to raw but for some reason i feel as if i am addicted to the otehr side. last year when i decided to go raw for the first time i first fasted. that is not an option this time.. anyone have any suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: back from the dark side
Posted by: Kit ()
Date: January 01, 2009 06:46AM

In two years I have not succeeded in going all raw but I have succeeded in adding lots of raw to my diet which is a huge improvement.

I think I know that addicted feeling you mention. Speaking from my experience I'd say if you cant be perfect then just be better. Add more raw even if you cant yet give up all the cooked.

Best of luck to you.

Kit

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: January 01, 2009 06:52AM

The way to steer your raw journey is by steering your shopping cart.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: January 01, 2009 07:01AM

I agree with kit, make your situation better if you can't make it perfect. For a number of reasons I haven't been doing as much raw as I would like. But I am finding ways to increase the number of raw foods I consume. Ways that I didn't think were possible just a few months ago. I think the main thing is to think raw and aim for it even if its not happening that way completely yet. Don't agonize over what isn't ideal.

Posted by: byHIShands ()
Date: January 01, 2009 05:51PM

thanks guys.
Love knowing someone else is in my boat

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 02, 2009 03:33PM

"The way to steer your raw journey is by steering your shopping cart."

I smell a bumper sticker, EZ! For everyone else that isn't raw, it could read, "The way to steer your life is by steering your shopping cart."

byHIShands,

I think the important thing is to not fall prey to self-flagellation. Beating yourself up about slipping back into old habits isn't helpful. By cutting off negative thoughts of that kind, you are already taking more control of your situation. Focus on that, and the fact that you are aware that you have a problem that YOU can fix. You did it before. You can do it again. Maybe gradually, and with assurances that this isn't a cinch for anyone, you will attain your desire. As EZ rider has posted elsewhere, and with which I totally agree, it's waaaaaay easier to say "no" to that first temptation than to crawl back out of the hole you make by giving into the temptation. But that doesn't mean it's not possible. Believe that your success is guaranteed. Good luck.

Posted by: annex ()
Date: January 03, 2009 12:32AM

I have been raw two years now. I think that "slip-ups" are just a part of the process. Everytime I slip I come back with a better diet (for me) than before. I hope and think that experimenting is just part of the process.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables