Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Are so called 'raw' supplements are a FRAUD ?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 03, 2009 09:33PM

Im amazed that i seem to be the only one raising this very interesting question that has Literally Millions of dollars riding on it . All these so called 'raw' supplements out there that claim to be 'Living whole foods' in a bottle such as VITAMINERAL GREEN, PURE SYNERGY, SPIRULINA, E3LIVE etc. all claim to be Nutritionally equal to, or even superior to Large Amounts of Organic Fresh Raw Green Vegs.

The Raw community seems to be Divided on this highly controversial topic as we have 'gurus' such as D Wolfe and Matt Monarch telling us that the 'raw' green powders are Nutritionally superior to fresh Organic Produce, while others such as V. Boutenko claim thats all a bunch of total Nonsense and that these powders are all 'dead worthless Junk' designed to scam us out of our hard earned money and make these sellers Rich and to totally stay away from them.

Oh ok, so then who is telling the Truth ? Has anyone out there ever thought of gathering together collectively the Money and sending out these Green superfood powders to an Independent Testing Facility to have them Analyzed so we can Finally get to the Truth of the matter ?

If we can easily send our water somewhere to have it specifically analyzed as to its exact contents, then why cant the same be done for all these Expensive supposedly 'raw' Green Powders , and why is no one else even the least bit curious to know whether or not these items just may be worthless junk and ripping off the Raw community ?

dave

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are so called 'raw' supplements are a FRAUD ?
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: January 03, 2009 09:47PM

I agree with V. Boutenko that fresh raw foods are best and that powders and other processed junk are inferior to fresh raw natural foods from the garden.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 04, 2009 12:02AM

dave,

[curious handle there, Mr. Keyes smiling smiley]Totally with you on this. I'm considering taking only a raw multivitamin because I cannot possibly get everything I need from raw foods--sometimes, I just don't feel like eating x amount of this or that because of lack of time or appetite. Sorry, EZ rider! But I have investigated the science behind the supplement I'm thinking of, and understand it. Those green supplements, on the other hand, seem a bit dodgy. They're probably raw, well most of them, and a smattering of algae now and then is supposed to be good for brain maintenance, but I don't know that I'd subsist on E3Live, which is what proponents seem to be moving toward. It's not technically "food." And I've never noticed a difference to my health with moderate amounts of powdered greens, so I suppose one must consume them in vast amounts to derive noticeable benefits. Again, not really "food," so this probably isn't good. I am guessing that any university chem lab would be willing to analyze these super foods for a fee. But what would we tell them to look for? Rawness? Amino content? What?

Date: January 04, 2009 12:39AM

Tamukha is very right...
It's hard to test this stuff... I'm sure that they have nutrients/vitamins but are they really any good when applied to the body? Or better yet, are they better than just plain old raw food?

And I too agree with Boutenko...
Hate to say it, but David Wolfe is in it for the money.
Of course, he is helping a lot of ppl go raw which is absolutely wonderful... but he wants his pay. So he's probably thinking, if I gotta lie just a bit, who cares?? I'm helping so many ppl get healthier in everything else I do!

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: January 04, 2009 12:40AM

sorry, i cannot possibly get everything i need from raw foods.

lack of time or appetite, you know... ;-)

signed, your friends...

African Clawed Frog
African Elephants
African Grey Parrots
African Wild Dog
Africanized Bees
Albatross
Amazon River Dolphin
Anacondas
Anadromous Fish
Anadromous Fishes Chinook Salmon
Anadromous Fishes Coho Salmon
Anadromous Fishes Steelhead
Andean Condors
Anemone Crab
Anemone Shrimp
Angel Shark
Angelfish Breeding
Angelfish
Annelids Earthworms
Annelids Leeches
Annelids
Antelopes
Antlions
Ants
Apes
Arachnids
Arctic Terns
Armadillos
Arowana
Arrow Crab
Arthropods
Asian Barbets
Asian Elephants
Asiatic Black Bear
Atlantic White Sided Dolphins
Australian Brush Turkey
Australian Fur Seal
Avocets
Axolotls
Babirusa
Baboons
Badgers
Bald Eagles
Baleen Whales
Ball Pythons
Banded Coral Shrimp
Bandicoots
Barn Owls
Basilisks
Basking Shark
Bass
Bats
Bearded Dragons
Bears
Beavers
Bed Bugs
Beluga Whales
Bengal Tigers
Betta Splendens
Betta Splendens
Bilbies
Bird Eating Spiders
Bird Eating Spiders
Black Howler Monkeys
Black Bear
Black Dogfish Shark
Black Howler Monkeys
Black backed Three toed Woodpecker
Blood Red Fire Shrimp
Blue Crabs
Blue Shark
Blue Whale
Bluebirds
Boa Constrictor
Bobcats
Bogong Moth
Bongo
Bonobos
Boobies
Bottlenose Dolphins
Bottlenose Whales
Bowhead Whales
Brine Shrimp
Brine Shrimp
Broad Winged Hawks
Broad Winged Hawks
Brown Pelican
Brown Bear
Brown Pelican
Brydes Whales
Buffalo
Bull Shark
Bull Shark
Burrowing Owls
Burrowing Owls
Button Quail
Button Quail
Caenorhabditis elegans
California Condors
California Quail
California Red Legged Frog
California Sea Lion
California Condors
California Quail
California Red Legged Frog
California Sea Lion
Camel Spiders
Camel Spiders
Camels
Canada Goose
Canaries
Cane Toad
Capuchin Monkeys
Capybaras
Caribou
Carpenter Bees
Cassowary
Catfish
Centipedes
Cephalopods
Chatham Island Taiko
Cheetahs
Chickens
Chiggers
Chimpanzees
Chinchillas
Chinese Mitten Crab
Chipmunks
Cicadas
Cichlid
Clownfish
Cnidarians
Cobras
Cockatiels
Cockroaches
Coelacanth
Common Dolphin
Common Loons
Cookie Cutter Shark
Coopers Hawks
Copepods
Copperheads
Cougars
Cow
Cowbirds
Coyotes
Crab
Crane Fly
Crane
Crayfish
Crickets and Grasshoppers
Crocodiles and Alligators
Crustaceans
Cuscus
Daddy Long Legs Spiders
Dama Gazelle
Deer
Degu
Desert Pupfish
Desert Tortoise
Devils Hole Pupfish
Dik Diks
Dingoes
Discus
Dodo
Donkey
Downy Woodpecker
Dusky Shark
Eagles
Earthworms
Eastern Cougar
Eastern Mole
Echidna
Egrets
Finback Whales
Giant Panda
Golden Eagles
Great White Shark
Hairy Woodpecker
Harlequin Shrimp
Harpy Eagles
Humpback Whales
Minke Whale
North Atlantic Right Whale
Northern Flicker
Northern Three toed Woodpecker
Oceanic Whitetip Shark
Orca Killer Whale
Palm Cockatoos
Pileated Woodpecker
Polar Bear
Porbeagle Shark
Portuguese Shark
Purple Shore Crab
Red Bellied Woodpecker
Red headed Woodpecker
Rough Sagre Shark
Sand Tiger Shark
Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
Sei Whale
Sharks
Sharpnose Shark
Shortfin Mako Shark
Slipper Lobster
Sloth Bear
Smooth Dogfish Shark
Smooth Hammerhead Shark
Spectacled Bear
Spiny Dogfish Shark
Spiny Lobster
Starfish
Sun Bear
Thresher Shark
Tiger Shark
Wallabies
Walruses
Wasps
Water Dragons
Waterbucks
Weasels
Western Yellow billed Cuckoo
Whale Shark
Whales
White Beaked Dolphins
White Pelican
Whitetip Reef Shark
Whooping Cranes
Widow Spiders
Wild Canids
Wild Cats
Wild and Feral Horses
Wildebeest
Wildlife
Wobbegong Shark
Wolf Spiders
Wolverines
Wolves
Wombats
Wood Storks
Woodpeckers
Worms
Yaks
Yellow Bellied Marmot
Yellow bellied Sapsucker
Zebra Finches
Zebrafish

Date: January 04, 2009 12:41AM

But what would we tell them to look for? Rawness? Amino content? What?

Thats a good point seeing as how many of the properties of plant foods are yet to be discovered along with the way they work together in synergy.

Date: January 04, 2009 12:47AM

only the creator knows what is good for us...
we humans can't create food... we might think we're very advanced in science... but we got a LONG way to go

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: January 04, 2009 12:56AM

To me, the true superfoods are freshly picked home-grown or wild organic fruit and vegies, nothing has more vibrancy and nutrition than them.

Actually, many raw foodists are acutely aware of the uselessness of fake 'superfoods'. We just don't talk about it much, but simply live our lives and enjoy the real foods. smiling smiley

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: January 04, 2009 05:42AM

No, you're not the only one, Alan, by far! There's Dr Doug Graham, Frederic Patenaude, and lots of others who feel similarly.

And...me!

You might find this article of interest:

[debbietookrawforlife.blogspot.com]

PS Fresh - love your reply.

Posted by: Ariel55 ()
Date: January 04, 2009 09:03AM

I think it is obvious that fresh foods are better than dehydrated supplemented food, that probably has little life force in it. But when you compare it to what the pharmaceuticals are doing and have done it pales into insignificance. Bearing in mind codex is already trying to remove products such as the chia seed in the UK saying it is illegal, herbs and other foods too. Many supplement companies 70% are owned by pharmaceutical companies. There is a difference between synthetic stuff that the pharma owned supplement companies sell, with a mass of poisonous exipients in them and does damage to cells and dna and natural that although is probably not that nutritious compared to fresh,is relatively harmless

Codex and monsanto are trying to remove all healthy foods and hvae everyone dependent on pharma and all foods seeds GM.

At the moment the US has the dshea legislation which protects health products in the US which the UK does not have, the dshea legislation got brought in 1994 when wholefood store organised protests against codex when they were aware of what they were up too, this time they have decided to do it through the back door. there is planned destruction for the dshea legislation. [www.nocodexgenocide.com]

I just think put your energy against these guys don't join in with battering the healthier supplements, these guys are getting enough battering from codex, would you prefer to not have them at all and just gm food and pharma and synthetic supplements.

Even organic standards according to the soil association has been diluted to support agricultural companies and organic certification no longer means anything it is just money for codex, my partner was told he was not allowed to say it was organically grown even if they were if you don't pay for organic certification.

For further information in the UK [www.anhcampaign.org]

[www.youtube.com]
scientific director robert verkerk

and the US [www.nocodexgenocide.com]

I believe in choice and certainly don't believe these guys who put fluoride in the water aspartame in all soft drinks, want all seeds and foods gm, in contol, we need to be aware of what is going and not waste time having a go a people who are doing supplements that are at worst ineffective. Codex has already made some foods and herbs illegal.

In the future you will not be able to grow stuff in your garden with out a licence. This is not a conspiracy it is a fact and you can look up the codex legislation on the net, it is all there

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2009 09:07AM by Ariel55.

Posted by: Ariel55 ()
Date: January 04, 2009 09:33AM

I forgot to mention that herbs and good quality food source supplementation, can help people move from pharmaceuticals and diets that include mcdonalds and aspartame filled drinks and get a lot healthier, they may not be able to move just to fresh fruit and greens immediately as the detox could be severe and damaging in people who have taken a lot of pharmaceuticals, and some products can buffer those side effects.

The MMR vaccine and all vaccines shut the thymus gland down, long term use of SSRI drugs damages the endocrine systmem which includes the pineal gland, thymus gland thyroid adrenals pituitary etc and the metabolic pathways. Not much is known about these organs in mainstream medicine but they are responsible for how the body functions and also for spritual awareness and connectedness. Some people with severe damage may need some kind of supplmentation or herbs, but those with healthy endocrine systems or undamaged endocrine system will not need them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2009 09:37AM by Ariel55.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 04, 2009 03:49PM

Ariel,

Thanks for bringing up the Codex Alimentarius--the bigger picture escapes my notice sometimes, possibly because the enormity of this potential change to our planet is unbearable to face. But I'm not a coward, so face it, I do. As we all should--raw foodists can perhaps be at the vanguard, even before farmers and bionutritionists, in fighting the Codex. It is the existence of all life we're really talking about here. When there is no more real food, we will be the first to suffer. So we must be the first to demand protection for ourselves and others. Sorry, Bryan; this is turning into an Other Topics thread!

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: January 04, 2009 06:14PM

Ariel - I took Seroxat for years - and now my thyroid is underactive (badly) I've looked and searched for the reason why and now I think you may have provided it. Thanks you so much. It doesn't change the facts but it helps to know 'why'.

Do you guys know that in Europe there are a list of seeds that retailers are allowed to sell and none that aren't on that list. I buy my heritage seeds from a non profit making company who get around this ridiculous EU law by taking 50p from the order and making me a 'member' - therefore they are not selling to the general public. I hope this loop hole doesn't get closed but then I am learning how to harvest my own seeds and keep them.

Sorry - to get back to the point. Yes I see the difference between raw supplements and the other stuff that is sold but I really don't like to eat things that can't rot. If a 'food' or pill can last for months/years - do I really view it as food or something that is desirable to ingest? For me the answer is no

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: January 06, 2009 08:14PM

As a raw foodist since 2003 I can say yes, supplements are frauds. I have used every single one out there and spent thousands of dollars. Nothing changed, happened, or healed on them. They are sold based on testimonials and stories of "the ancients"

Date: January 06, 2009 08:51PM

I used to take supplements. I tried a lot of different ones with little or no detectable difference except a lighter wallet. Then I "discovered" fresh raw and that made a difference. Yeah raw !

Posted by: justin1 ()
Date: January 06, 2009 09:24PM

suvine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As a raw foodist since 2003 I can say yes, supplements are frauds. I have used every single one out there and spent thousands of dollars. Nothing changed, happened, or healed on them. They are sold based on testimonials and stories of "the ancients"

---i resonate with this conclusion, i too have spent much money on these type of "processed" most of them unnatural "foods" in their unnatural combination, not only are these "supplements" impotent, they even can harm you and cause adverse effects and reactions in your body (and mind), as they are easy to over-dose and over-eat which will push your body out of its natural balance...

Posted by: Kombaiyashii ()
Date: January 06, 2009 09:29PM

Wow Ariel55 when you put it all together like that, you kind of think they want to kill us off!

Yes, I used to take loads of supplements but then I found out that 95% of our nutients have not even been analysed so I came to the conclusion that every raw organic food is a superfood.

Date: January 06, 2009 11:10PM

Kombaiyashii

I came to the conclusion that every raw organic food is a superfood.

I agree, the real superfoods are the fresh raw foods

Posted by: globalresult ()
Date: January 11, 2009 01:52AM

Run away from these crooks.

They are worse then those that are selling you doughnuts at least they aren't telling you that you need it and it is healthy for you.

If it is not a food don't eat it.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: January 11, 2009 05:53AM

I believe that B12 and D2 are worth taking (esp. if you don't sun for the latter). But they are very cheap, just a few cents per day.

The rest is bunkum, you can get everything else that you need from your vegan foods if you choose wisely.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables