Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

does being a raw foodie burt your social life?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 09, 2009 07:48AM

I've been a raw foodie for years now and while I love the diet and the way I feel, it's tough on my social life. Dating non-vegans can be really tricky - where do you go for dinner? I think most people slip back to a non-raw, meat eating diet for social reasons; it's just easier and more convenient to be social when you're not on a restrictive diet.

With all this in mind, I started a completely free dating site for raw foodie singles like me. No ads, no spam. Just a great way to connect with like-minded people and meet some new raw friends (maybe some raw love!!). Check out [RawDate.com] and let me know what you think .. I can add features to suit your needs .. I just want to build a great community for raw singles looking for love :-)

Peace, Jesse

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: does being a raw foodie burt your social life?
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: January 09, 2009 11:14AM

What a good idea.

Best of luck

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 09, 2009 12:04PM

It doesn't HAVE to. Heh..heh. Although I agree with you that the social aspects CAN be one of the greatest barriers to eating healthy...as I'm sure everyone knows. In my experience: if it is a non-issue with me....and I respect my own dignity boundaries...than it becomes a non-issue...or one of fascination...with others.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Kombaiyashii ()
Date: January 09, 2009 01:24PM

Cool, I might sign up...How long ago did you start it?

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: January 11, 2009 11:37AM

I don't think that raw is any more destructive to one's social life than being vegan, or even vegetarian, is.

At least 98% of the people you meet will not share your core values. Are these people you really want to spend your free time with?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 11, 2009 04:09PM

arugula,

While I think that sharing values should be of paramount concern in one's core social circle, I think it becomes necessarily much more difficult to connect with even those with whom one has a lot in common, the more rarified one's lifestyle gets. As a vegetarian, I could get along with non-vegetarians well; there was a broader swath of commonalities. As a vegan, I can get along with most vegetarians, but fewer non-vegetarians, depending on level of ideological dedication to veganism. As a raw foodist, I anticipate finding it still more difficult to relate to people, even those well known to me, because my values may shift ideologically further away from where they were before. I am all for shifting, as that [hopefully] signals an evolution toward my most perfect self. But I am not kidding myself that this mightn't mean gradual alienation from good people who aren't on the journey with me but who have always accepted and loved me. I think I've said this elsewhere--it's a fine balance between being true to oneself and not feeling like an alien visitor on one's home planet.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: January 11, 2009 04:18PM

My friends might think I'm a little different, and sometimes when we get together and I pass on food because I'm juice fasting or whatever, I get kidded, but most of my friends seem to respect me for my healthy choices. At my 55th birthday party I served all raw food-- including a raw cake-- and people loved it. I actually think my raw lifestyle is one of the things people kind of like about me.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: cleanjan ()
Date: January 11, 2009 05:59PM

I agree. At work, people are real judgemental. You are seen as different. Secretly, though I think they are a bit jealous, because i have greater control over what I eat , and look much better too. Even though my husband still eats the SAD diet, he has improved over the years with my influnce. Janice

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: January 11, 2009 07:45PM

cleanjan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I agree. At work, people are real judgemental. You
> are seen as different. Secretly, though I think
> they are a bit jealous, because i have greater
> control over what I eat , and look much better
> too.

I agree.

The nicer ones are more open about how they feel.

One of the guys I work with is about 100 lbs overweight. He is younger than I am but he has lots of health problems including gout. He has asked about my diet, and he says he wishes he could be that way too but he loves his junk too much.

Posted by: cy ()
Date: January 11, 2009 08:33PM

I try to eat alone because people always ask a lot about my food and green juices.Once a woman asked me if I was drinking pea soup and I said yes.
Also,once I read in Tonya Zavasta book (Quantum Eating) that eating alone is very good for your digestion,I felt that from that day on I would do that except when I am with good friends or my husband,my mother and sister that accept me for what I am. I would very much like to have a raw birthday party,like Kwan had,with raw cake,smoothies,green juices and raw sweets. I'll plan on that for the future.

Posted by: globalresult ()
Date: January 12, 2009 02:48AM

People are either in admiration or jealous of you because you are becoming in control not allowing some food or emotion rule your life like most people do.

Most people are addicts in the same way as people are to drugs etc.

Many will also feel the old I don't want to know because now then I will have to make choices.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables