Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw children
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 20, 2009 07:05AM

Just wondering if there are any on this board that have raised or are raising their children all raw vegan and have been doing it for more than 5 years? If so would you be willing to share your experience as far as any particular issues that may have come up? Thanks for sharing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw children
Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: January 21, 2009 03:46PM

One thing is sure - better to start early on in their life because if you wait too long, all they might want to eat is junk food as the other kids.

IMO, we need to help create an habit of eating raw food. So even if later on they eat less healthy food at friend's place or others, they'll come back to the good feeling of eating natural produces.

My sons are vegetarians almost since birth. One of them eats non-vegetarian food when he goes at his father's place but here I can't stop him from eating tons and tons of raw fruits and veggies. On the contrary, his older brother is 100% vegeterian but hates raw veggies - the only raw things he likes are a few kind of raw fruits...

Date: January 21, 2009 06:28PM

Hi Cynthia Do you supplement B12? My daughter has been raw vegan for 5 1/2 years and is very healthy in all respects but I'd rather prevent early before a deficiency shows up if that is going to eventually happen.

Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: January 21, 2009 08:18PM

Gabriel Cousens is currently doing a study on raw vegan kids.

Storm and Jinjee's kids are beautiful shinning examples of all raw with no supplements, although they do use bee products.

I'm pregnant now, planning an all vegan (except for bee products) diet for the little one. I'm not decided yet on all raw or mostly raw with some vegan cooked whole foods.

Sunflower
Raw Food Chef and Writer
Comfortably Raw
[www.comfortablyraw.com]

Posted by: yemango ()
Date: January 21, 2009 10:24PM

YOU have to get shazzies new book: Evie's kitchen!! its amazing!! over 180 recipes, and TONS of info for raising raw vegan children. i love it!!

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: January 22, 2009 01:35AM

When I was growing up my mom always had a garden, and all the garden vegetables that I grew up with are still my favorite foods today. Probably why it was so easy for me to go raw. (peppers, cucumbers, zucchini, tomatoes)

Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: January 22, 2009 02:56AM

I totally agree with you sunshine!! For me it was garden peas, raspberries (they were half our garden) and carrots, straight out of the dirt (o;

Sunflower
Raw Food Chef and Writer
Comfortably Raw
[www.comfortablyraw.com]

Posted by: elää ()
Date: January 22, 2009 06:06AM

[rawtoddleralex.blogspot.com] This woman has been raising a raw child for 3 years. He seems to be doing great and I love her blog.

Date: January 23, 2009 05:06AM

No, I don't supplement - and I don't buy vitamins for my children. We use bee products though...
Just another thought about children: we have to accept them as they are. As they got older, they might change. They will change. If or not they will adopt the same regimen than me, I don't know. They will have their goals, theirs passions, theirs loves...

my father would love to have me eat the same thinhs that he likes : meat, lots of meats and sugary foods. I have been vegeterian for more than 20 years and he still tries to push me into eating chicken pie, or meaty dishes. I guess it is hard, too hard for himm to admit that I am different.

Overall, love is more important than food - All we need is love.

Love and blessings to you all

Cynthia

Date: January 25, 2009 02:41AM

We are raw vegans and raising our 3 boys (Alex 5y/o,Jacob 3y/o,Vinny 4mo) likewise and they get to choose the fruits, veggies and nuts/seeds they want, its that simple. Of course a different story for Vinny we choose for him grinning smiley

Take care.

Date: January 26, 2009 04:25PM

J*Sylva
I wish mine were still little - They are now 14 and 16 so it's not the same thing that when they were young and would eat what I put on their plate (vegeterian though, it was the beat I knew at that time).

Date: January 26, 2009 05:30PM

Cynthia, so true starting early. Intro with dessert or a smoothie they'll always want more smiling smiley

Take care.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables