Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Unity?????
Posted by: richard blackman ()
Date: February 01, 2009 05:41PM

I wish there was unity in the raw vegan community, there's room for every opinion/view without having to argue over what people eat or don't eat or who has the best program, etc!

It's one thing to have your personal opinion but is "Food" and "bragging rights" really worth arguing over?

If this is what it's like after all these years,can you imagine what it would happen if the lifestyle went mainstream.....

RB

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2009 05:45PM by richard blackman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Unity?????
Posted by: Paul Nison ()
Date: February 01, 2009 05:46PM

Thank you Richard. Well said. This is why Hippocrates Health Inst. put on the Living food summit. They had raw food leaders come from all over the world for this very reason and we can up with the statement in my first post. We are going to meet again for the 3rd time in May. Others will be attending this year so hopefully we can all come to some agreement.
Thanks again Richard.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: February 01, 2009 05:54PM

you came on here and trashed other peoples programs and falsely claim they don't work and then go rah rah for unity? check yourself paul.

Date: February 01, 2009 06:02PM

Paul Nison Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you Richard. Well said. This is why
> Hippocrates Health Inst. put on the Living food
> summit. They had raw food leaders come from all
> over the world for this very reason and we can up
> with the statement in my first post. We are going
> to meet again for the 3rd time in May. Others will
> be attending this year so hopefully we can all
> come to some agreement.
> Thanks again Richard.

Well, Paul something needs to happen because the raw community is going to hell in a race cart because the snake oil sales people are the only ones out there getting heard,ever since I started on the raw lifestyle the genuine and good people in the raw community have been attacked for speaking out or going against popular behavior. In my eye's this makes no sense because there's no one size fits all "guru" or "program" out there, EVERYBODY will go through different stages in developement and may need the help of different "guru's" or coaches as they make the shift/progress, there's more than one way to get to where people want to go andthere's plenty of room for everybody's view/approach, so in my eye's I can't see why there's ALWAYS been so much in house fighting.

Paul, I really hope your concerns are genuine and your not just on here to shake people up for the publicity, as they say "no publicity is bad publicity". We need action to turn this crap around because there's too many people out there that need help!!!

RB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2009 06:05PM by richard blackman.

Date: February 01, 2009 06:05PM

Ha, Richard, You are right on that but my goal to come on here on here was because others were stating one must overeat on fruit and because others out there in the raw world suggest chocolate is excellent. My goal was to post what teachers and leaders who got together in the Living food summit agreed on to be the best way and bring it to everyone's attention. Hippocrates Health Inst has invited Doug Graham, Dave wolfe and all well known raw food teachers to the summit to discuss their beliefs. Trust me, nothing would make me more happy then to see unity in this movement and I think you for your post.

Date: February 01, 2009 06:18PM

Yeah, I hear ya Paul, I could see that you meant no harm and had good intentions but I could also see that it would spark a mini riot, ha,ha...

I actually agree'd with what you pointed out because I've seen too much of it, I've known this for years and I've been attacked in the past for saying what I thought about it and living the lifestyle I've been called to live, the attacks have got to stop because it effects people greatly, I've seen too many folks not follow their calling because they have been attacked for their believes, I personally think that if people got the help they needed and made steady progress then there possibly wouldn't be all this division.

I've heard "guru's" talk crap about others and I think the "guru's" need to set better examples to their "followers" as it's the "followers" that do the dirty work, spreading lies and trashing folks/programs while the "guru's" sit back in their clicks. I just think that "guru's need to drop the ego's and realise that there is more than one way to eat a mango (so to speak) and just because their program may work for many it dosen't mean it's the best and will work for all.

Some "guru's give the impression that if their program doesn't work for you then you weren't doing it right and that attitude sucks to the core! Everybody from both sides needs to realise that they must pick help that resonates with there issues and not because the "guru" talks a good game!

This is just my opinion and is not gospel.

RB

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2009 06:25PM by richard blackman.

Date: February 01, 2009 06:31PM

Richard,
I'm big into exercise. Doug Graham and Tim Trader were always high on my list because they prove one can eat a raw diet and look great. You also are a great example of this. Keep up the great work.

I think many raw fooders don't exercise enough and it leads to many of their issues. A person can eat a lot more if they are exercising more. The only thing is there how's to be some point where people say, okay, this is just too much food for any human body :-)

Keep rawking man.

Date: February 01, 2009 06:45PM

Paul Nison Wrote:
> Richard,
> I'm big into exercise. Doug Graham and Tim Trader
> were always high on my list because they prove one
> can eat a raw diet and look great. You also are a
> great example of this. Keep up the great work.
>
> I think many raw fooders don't exercise enough and
> it leads to many of their issues. A person can eat
> a lot more if they are exercising more. The only
> thing is there how's to be some point where people
> say, okay, this is just too much food for any
> human body :-)
>
> Keep rawking man.

TOTALLY agree man....to me, the whole eating more if you exercise thing comes from what we have had drummed into our heads while on cooked foods, we are told that the more we do the more "calories" we need and now it's an instinctive habit that we have developed. I think exercise while going raw is vital....infact intense activity is vital PERIOD!

I also think that people overeat, I believe that if people actually knew how little they need at one sitting they would be amazed at exactly how much they over eat because most folks let taste and an addicted mind dictate how much they eat.

I hear people say they don't like eating fruits because it makes them want to exercise and they say it as if that's something wrong and this is why I say that people need the help to understand what's going on internally/spiritually, mainstream science gets too much of a say in this community and not enough of the leaders deal with the mental/emotional or spiritual aspects.

As I said before, the people with the bad habits are being heard and the real message is being lost!

I'm running a boot camp in New Zealand and we are going to be addressing this forthe whole week.

RB

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2009 06:53PM by richard blackman.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: February 01, 2009 06:49PM

>Some "guru's give the impression that if their program doesn't work for you then you weren't doing it right and that attitude sucks to the core! Everybody from both sides needs to realise that they must pick help that resonates with there issues and not because the "guru" talks a good game!<

Yeah, it's rampant, and there needs to be more owning up (on the part of the raw food gurus) to the reasons a particular raw paradigm may not be working for many people, rather than just shaming and blaming them. And on the other side, people need to tune in to their own inner guidance more and not 'follow the leader' blindly.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: February 01, 2009 07:00PM

kwan Wrote:
> >Some "guru's give the impression that if their
> program doesn't work for you then you weren't
> doing it right and that attitude sucks to the
> core! Everybody from both sides needs to realise
> that they must pick help that resonates with there
> issues and not because the "guru" talks a good
> game!<
>
> Yeah, it's rampant, and there needs to be more
> owning up (on the part of the raw food gurus) to
> the reasons a particular raw paradigm may not be
> working for many people, rather than just shaming
> and blaming them. And on the other side, people
> need to tune in to their own inner guidance more
> and not 'follow the leader' blindly.

Yes too much living on the defence....

Having said that, who wants to follow someone that's been standing still!

A lot of these "guru's" are not making progress themselves and are still doing the same thing they were doing when they first started.

RB

Date: February 01, 2009 07:03PM

Paul Nison Wrote:
> Richard,
> I'm big into exercise. Doug Graham and Tim Trader
> were always high on my list because they prove one
> can eat a raw diet and look great. You also are a
> great example of this. Keep up the great work.

Hey Paul, thanks man...but I'm sure if you knew what I have done in the past and what I'm doing now you'd say it wasn't healthy. Ha,ha...infact everything I've done has gone against what you stand for but that's ok, I don't care if you don't!...and even if you do care, I still don't!...ha,ha

Be good Paul

RB

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2009 07:12PM by richard blackman.

Date: February 01, 2009 07:14PM

I have found being fit and being healthy is not always the same thing but at least you are wise enough to balance out your diet with muscle building workouts. I really believe it's a point Doug wants to get across to people but many of them don't seem to get it. You can just look at people and tell they are eating a lot and not exercising or getting enough sleep.
As for me, I've been there, grew up in the gyms in NYC boxing and working out with the weights, thanks to doug I took my workouts outside the gym. Right now I try to see how much I can do on as little food as possible without putting myself in danger. I keep a close eye on my nutritional levels by monitoring my blood work. Another mistake I think people often make.
Hey, send me a private email I want to send you a cool link. I think you have my email address?

Posted by: Omega ()
Date: February 01, 2009 07:21PM

Paul Nison Wrote:
> I keep a close eye on my nutritional
> levels by monitoring my blood work. Another
> mistake I think people often make.

Hey Paul,

What blood tests do you recommend to monitor nutritional levels?

Thanks.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: February 01, 2009 07:24PM

But who want's to keep monitoring their bloodwork.? Paul, I know you think I am just argumentative and I'm not trying to be - I just want to learn and for me that is asking questions of everybody.

Posted by: Peisinoe ()
Date: February 01, 2009 09:05PM

flipperjan-

even as a vegetarian, I monitored my bloodwork.
It isn't that hard and it doesn't take much time either.
(And in Sweden, it is free! yawning smiley )

~I've tasted of the fruit,
it's opened up my eyes...~
-Infected Mushroom

Date: February 01, 2009 09:57PM

Yes but what I am saying is I don't want to be obsessing about my diet all the time. Eating the right food shouldn't be that hard.

Date: February 01, 2009 10:01PM

Flipperjan-

I feel that even people who don't fuss about their diet should get their bloodwork checked often (meaning yearly). It is one of the best ways to catch disease early and to show you where you need to tweak your diet to have optimal nutrition.

xxPeisi

-Infected Mushroom

Date: February 01, 2009 10:07PM

Peisi

What exactly do you get checked? - I'm not sure that one can get this done on the NHS in Britain. Perhaps someone else can advise on this - Debbie Took, where are you?

Date: February 01, 2009 10:15PM

I get complete bloodwork, which includes my hemoglobin count, iron: readily available and stored iron, vit b12, folate, niacin, etc etc.
My doctor also knows that I am studying to be a dentist, and we have a very similar medical base, so he walks through all my test results with me and gives me quite specific advice on what I can do to change the numbers through what I eat, and what foods I combine.

xxPeisi

-Infected Mushroom

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: February 01, 2009 10:33PM

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

-- Ghandi

So simple yet so very difficult to fully embody.

Date: February 01, 2009 11:44PM

Lovely quote Lee - I needed to hear that. Thank you

Posted by: ecjames1120 ()
Date: February 02, 2009 01:29AM

Thanks Richard. This was a great post. I always prefer asking questions to making judgements because what works for me may not work for someone else. But, c'est la vie. Also, I loved the quote Lee. Very appropriate. smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 02, 2009 01:33AM

Unity is overrated. Life thrives in diversity. A yearning for unity is really just a feeling of unresolved overwhelm & the need for others to think like you do.

Date: February 02, 2009 02:05AM

Hey Paul...I PM'd you on here!

Be good man!

RB

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables