Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

good FP article
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: February 12, 2009 04:03PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: good FP article
Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: February 12, 2009 04:54PM

Oh yes, great minds think alike - I was going to post a link to this, but you beat me to it, Fresh!

To anyone else reading, do follow the link to see why Frederic Patenaude's mad.

Wonderful article.

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: February 12, 2009 05:59PM

Excellent article!!!

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: February 13, 2009 12:22AM

Thanks for the link, I found the article interesting.
If you want to get right to the subject you can scroll down to "A Meeting That Moved Me".
The article made me think about the Natural Hygiene principal about if you want good health provide the conditions for good health. The diet she had recommended to her sure didn't fit that. IMO a fresh raw vegan diet with a good variety of fresh raw foods and a reasonable amount of fat and fiber goes a long way toward providing the conditions needed to be healthy.

Posted by: justin1 ()
Date: February 13, 2009 04:23PM

---IME & understanding:...

---overeating IS a major cause for the imbalance and toxemia accumulated and developed by our organism (our body-mind-constitution)...

---"F.P" makes fun on the "overeating" issue, without going deeper beyond shallow thinking...,

---what is "overeating"...?

---"overeating" IS: eating while true hunger is not present..., meaning eating despite that the organism do not call or signal for food...

---what is "true hunger"...?

---to learn to understand and recognise "true hunger" one must undergo a few fasts...

---overeating IS a major cause of enervetion which IS a cause of imbalanced state and toxemia manifesting itself via various x-desease symptoms...

---to use over-exercising to excuse overeating, is even worse, as it adds in more enervation...

---...and not least, the more and the faster you force yourself to "burn" the earlier you will die...

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: February 13, 2009 05:02PM

I'm so glad you posted this - it's a good article.

Justin wrote

'---...and not least, the more and the faster you force yourself to "burn" the earlier you will die...

what does this mean? Do you mean that one should lead a sedentary lifestyle and not do cardio type work outs? I feel 'alive' after a run and brimming with energy.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: February 13, 2009 07:33PM

I enjoyed that article, it clarified some things in my mind and heart about raw eating.
I use to lament about being all alone and not haveing someone to relate to concerning eating raw foods yet recently I have been running into some raw fooders in my area and really they are promoteing the chocolate and highly processed raw foods. I am realizeing that because I am on my own and not influenced by peer preasure I am finding my own way to eating raw. I read on line articles and raw books but can form my own opinion. Sometimes I wonder if I am doing the right thing but I am happy now that I don't have lots of people to share my rawness to right now. I am going to a "raw" party this sunday but they are really just a glorified tupperware party selling people on the goodness of raw chocolate. I am hopeing to just find some raw peeps to talk to and compare my thoughts and just keep my mouth shut concerning how I feel about the evil chocolate peddlers.

Pam

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: February 13, 2009 07:42PM

Pampam - i hear you but i just wish i could find some people that were vegan let alone raw. But i do understand this division in thinking in the raw community - just stick to what you know is best but enjoy the contact.

Philippa

Posted by: zanjabil ()
Date: February 13, 2009 09:14PM

I enjoyed this article as well, for clarification and confirmation. I could tell that eating a lot of nuts(fats) did not sit well with my body. I tend to follow the Ayurvedic lifestyle(I eat according to my dosha (Pitta)). So I am supposed to avoid most nuts, the ones that are recommended that I eat are the ones that my body assimilates well(coconut,pumpkin,and sunflower seeds, are what I eat when I eat fats). I also eat avocados every week too, but as they are a fruit, I know they are much more beneficial for me then dense fatty nuts.

Posted by: paulieGB ()
Date: February 13, 2009 11:28PM

how about a couple of avocados everyday, is that still no good ?
or are they just meaning eating lots of nuts and seeds is bad ?
or just high fat .

Posted by: annex ()
Date: February 14, 2009 03:50AM

Great article. Does anyone know what he is referring to when he talks about "fungus"? Is that candida? Why not get a blood analysis done?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables