Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: I'm out folks....but I wanna leave you with this!
Posted by: richard blackman ()
Date: February 15, 2009 03:37AM

roxeli Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Richard,
>
> I want to thank you for all the fitness
> information you let me glean from you these past
> two years. You reinforced what I already knew
> deep down inside. That is, that you can't eat
> right and neglect your fitness. Health doesn't
> come from an optimum diet alone. In this regard,
> you led by example.
>
> I guess we all have a different perspective of how
> things are around here because I found you to be
> humble yet confident. Even when you disagreed,
> you did so in a very respectful manner which is
> more than I can say for some people.
>
> I wish you nothing but the best in your journey.
> I hope we can cross cyber paths again some day.

Hey, your more than welcome Roxi...and I gotta thank you for letting me have fun with your name by calling you Roxi....ha,ha

The "Usual suspects" always wanna act like I'm so mysterious and I don't share anything with anybody when infact over the years I've shared tons of info, I'm just sick of repeating myself if anything! Plus as you've already seen, some people are just so rude so if I don't like you I don't share with you...yes it gives haters more ammo but they are gonna cuss you out anyway!

Yeah, haters will hate no matter what you do, that's what makes them haters!...but what they don't know is that they may think they are breaking an individual down like they were broken down but really they are building people like me up to be bigger, better and stronger!!!

I've always said...if you train alone.."Haters make the best training partners" because all you gotta do is think about them and they'll help you squeeze out that extra rep or run that bit faster!

So you see how they build you up, I'd love to stay in touch with you!

If your on facebook look me up and add me!

RB

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2009 03:43AM by richard blackman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: richard blackman ()
Date: February 15, 2009 03:55AM

Either way...I'm out, I've had my fun for the evening....time to work on my 'A' game. I really didn't think I'd be one of those long term dudes that go off and leaves but now I can see why those guys leave and get on with their lives!

Like I said, I'm out and if any of you cool folks want to stay in touch you can look me up on facebook, lemme know who you are first though!

RB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2009 03:56AM by richard blackman.

Posted by: sgc ()
Date: February 15, 2009 08:14AM

I don't mean to be aggressive, just informative. No need to reply aggressively.

I've never been a seed, but if you knew me, or took the time to ask why I said what I said, you would know I'm a farmer. I live on my farm, grow my food and food for others. I have an orchard full of fruit trees I take care of, and a huge veggie garden. I have compost piles, not just bins, and small trees grow in there, but there is more compost from greens than from fruits in those piles. I plant about 50 to 100 trees for the past two years, every year, many of them I grew myself from SEED, not from fruit.
Maybe I shouldn't mention also I have a PhD in physics, but quit working for the university. But I hate mention that, because people immediately think that I think I'm superior. But if I felt this way, I wouldn't be farming, and would be making money at the university...
Regarding the seed issue, I keep saying what I said, the seed has all it's nutrition for growing. I doesn't need the fruit part. Look at an avocado seed growing in a water glass if you don't believe me. Experience will show you. It needs compost though to grow after the first year or so. And guess what is the best compost for them to grow: animal @#$%&. That's even why some seeds will sprout better is swallowed but not crushed, than planted with your @#$%&. I make look gross to some, but I experienced it especially with passion fruit, and now I have plenty growing. Your @#$%& is more complete compost than rotting fruit. It has greens leaf digested and ready for fermentation, giving more good bacterias to the soil. Rotting fruit is giving more fungus to the soil than anything else, and those fungus will spread diseases to the fruit on the tree the following years to come.
Regarding the snicker bar comment: this is a strange way to lead a discussion. This is digression to elude the discussion. You started the discussion regarding a natural process, and when explained some of the natural tricks to propagate nature in the world, you back up with an industrial process that has nothing to do with the natural one. It's like talking about running in the woods, but answering by using a big 4wd instead!!!
RB, if you want to learn things, ask question, to yourself and others who may have the experience. You have an experience in fitness and diet, others also have some experience in other domains. Sharing is the way for humanity to grow stronger and more intelligent. Staying in ones belief is like following dogmas, one cannot expand its knowledge this way.

richard blackman Wrote:
> sgc Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Fruit is meant to be
> > eaten by animals, not by the seeds...
>
> How do you know...have you been a seed?
>
> Have you ever had a compost bin made out of your
> old fruit scraps and had fruits grow out of it?
>
> I've grown many mango tree's and other fruits from
> my fruit compost heaps, I've grown fruit trees
> simply by planting the actual fruit and letting it
> rot which created it's own compost with the help
> of all the other bugs and bacteria doing their
> thing, which is why I say that the fruit comes
> with it's own nutrients!
>
> Again, I'm not saying I'm right because I've got
> no idea what I'm talking about either and I've
> never been a seed so I cannot say with any
> conviction what is truth and what isn't, I'm
> simply sharing a thought.
>
> As for animals eating fruits....they'll eat a
> snickers bar too if you let them!...if it tastes
> good they'll eat it, healthy or not...us humans
> have proved that for generations by doing the
> same!
>
> RB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2009 08:20AM by sgc.

Posted by: paulieGB ()
Date: February 15, 2009 09:28AM

Richard Blackman Wrote =
------------------------
Wassup buddy!

I'm not worthy of this question and I'm not going to act like I know what the exact purpose of fruits are or that I know exactly what we should be eating because truth be told I have absolutely no idea and niether does anybody else in my opinion, all I can do is share my personal opinion and that is that fruits are fruits, if you want to call it food then that's your personal choice and a perfectly valid one, they have their own adgenda in the same way as flowers, I believe fruits are the wombs of the tree/plant and in my view they have their own materials for growth already supplied within themselves.

As for what we are supposed to eat, we have a choice to do whatever we want, we can eat fruit and get away with it for decades and appear healthy but we can also eat cooked foods and get away with it for decades and appear healthy but does that mean either one is truly meant for us!? That just proves that the body is very forgiving. BUT.....if I jumped into a lake and tried to breathe that would be another story for obvious reasons!...So should the focus be elsewehere perhaps???? are we barking up the right tree when we rely on calories, protien, fats, etc, from food????...I'm not trying to be an interlectual because I don't know a darn thing about our true food or need for it and to be honest with you anybody that really knows me knows that I don't concern myself with these things, I leave the nutrition to my body to sort out, my concern is that I just get on with living.

Hope that helped PGB

On that note, I'm out...see y'all.

RB "
-----------------------------------------

Yeah thanks a lot for that Richard smiling smiley
You take care,

Paul.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2009 09:30AM by paulieGB.

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: February 15, 2009 04:23PM

Richard, I gotta say I agree with your first post pretty much 100%. Nothing to add.

Just one thing, wish I had a dollar for every time you said you're leaving, Lol.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 15, 2009 09:08PM

This thread is hilarious.

From my experience of Internet forums when someone really leaves for good they almost never post a thread about it. Posting a thread about leaving is a joke, you're perpetuating what you claim to be tired of. It's like calling someone up to tell them you don't want to speak to them!

How many times you gonna try to divorce us Dick? Just admit you're addicted & let yourself enjoy the drama. smiling smiley

Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: February 15, 2009 10:03PM

NARZ!! I remember you WAYyyyyyyy BACK from the SUn FOOD forum!!
I remember your ad looking for a RAW GF!!
Thought about answering it!!
lol!!
Glad you got what you wanted and a little on too!!

I SO AGREE with what you said...
Like Crying WOLF!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2009 10:07PM by rawrnr.

Date: February 15, 2009 10:49PM

rawrnr Wrote:
> NARZ!! I remember you WAYyyyyyyy BACK from the SUn
> FOOD forum!!
> I remember your ad looking for a RAW GF!!
> Thought about answering it!!
> lol!!
> Glad you got what you wanted and a little on
> too!!

Haha, life certainly would have been different for both of us! grinning smiley Thanks though, I'm flattered. smiling smiley

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 16, 2009 12:19AM

communitybuilder Wrote:
> This thread is hilarious.
>

That's not how I see it. I think it ought to be deleted. It's easily the worst thing I've ever seen on this forum. And that's saying a lot!

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: February 16, 2009 07:28PM

IMO It was hilarious.

I'm sorry but I had a good laugh. couldn't stop laughing..even now. ha ha ha ha..i'm sorry

Date: February 16, 2009 07:59PM

For everyone saying how RB leaves and keeps coming back, you can't blame him. I bet we've all left forums before, then come back again hoping everything has evened out.

I've seen a lot of nastiness in the raw food community. People being angry at eachother just because they have different opinions on b12, superfoods, gurus and variants of raw food diets etc. We're all supposed to be representing the positivity of raw food, and the only thing you see being represented on some sites is EGO.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: February 16, 2009 10:52PM

Richard's a good guy, and I personally have learned a lot from him. He's very focused on doing what he feels is right, and he doesn't want to waste his time dealing with a lot of contention and flack. Can't say I blame him. Sure, he's left a couple of other times; I've done it, and so have others. If he leaves, more power to him; if at some point he comes back, a lot of us will welcome him.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 17, 2009 02:05AM

I certainly will welcome Richard if he decides to come back smiling smiley

There seems to be more contention on this forum nowadays. It seems that some people would rather debate rather than support one another. This is a bit disconcerting to me.

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: February 17, 2009 03:30AM

Richard Blackman is one of the least toxic personalities around here. I hope he does decide to come back.

Disagreeing is not the problem. Having a haughty attitude when disagreeing, now that's a problem. Humility is such an attractive quality and haughtiness just repels people.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: February 17, 2009 03:57AM

>There seems to be more contention on this forum nowadays. It seems that some people would rather debate rather than support one another. This is a bit disconcerting to me.<

Me too, Bryan. I'm wondering how can we come together as a group and somehow create a more cooperative and friendly board.

>Disagreeing is not the problem. Having a haughty attitude when disagreeing, now that's a problem. Humility is such an attractive quality and haughtiness just repels people.<

Roxeli, that's a really good point. Wish we could be more like an Alan Watts group my partner subscribes to-- they disagree frequently but hardly ever engage in deriding or putting down. We've sometimes been able to have great threads on this board where differences were respected and everybody learned, but a lot of people have been so uptight lately.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 17, 2009 07:47AM

hey richard

just showed a friend of mine some of your kickin videos
of the zany wild exercises that you do one handed etc.
really enjoyed them
u seem like you have a good time working out
as should be
i can't imagine anyone not enjoying exercise
i don't even call it exercise
its just plain
F
U
N

or

P
L
A
Y

anyhow
not sure i can do ALL of your exercises
but it sure is fun trying LOLsmiling smiley

have a great time

on or off this forum

i appreciate your ideas
because you go beyond the propagated paradigm
and instead of just talking about it
you actually DO SOMETHING about it

which is always very refreshing
its so much more easier and fun to do what we dream of
rather than wondering "what if"

life is too short for "what ifs"
i hope you continue to do what you do
and have a blastttt!!!!!!

Posted by: FruityJules ()
Date: February 17, 2009 01:45PM

I think this is a fantastic thread and I was enlightened by sgc's post.

Thank you so much, sgc! You clarified some things for me. . .

: )

Love,
Julie

Date: February 18, 2009 02:11PM

Bryan Wrote:

> There seems to be more contention on this forum
> nowadays. It seems that some people would rather
> debate rather than support one another. This is a
> bit disconcerting to me.

It's the same as it ever was.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 18, 2009 03:58PM

CB,

For some people, yes. For others, no.

Date: February 18, 2009 06:40PM

[safehealthyspace.ning.com]

We just started this site above, please check it out and share your knowledge there, that would be excellent!!!

Posted by: Peisinoe ()
Date: February 22, 2009 10:40AM

hey richard blackman!!
not sure if you remember me, I don't post much here anymore, but I enjoyed reading your posts!

If you like, please do add me on facebook!
the email I use there is pinkpurge@hotmail.com

Would be great to keep in touch and see what you are up to.
smiling smiley

xxPeisi (a.k.a Randi)

~I've tasted of the fruit,
it's opened up my eyes...~
-Infected Mushroom

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables