Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

FOUND - Some inspiration!
Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: February 16, 2009 01:34AM

[www.youtube.com]

OK - so I have not seen the same results....NOT even close,
BUT I will give it up to SEPTEMBER...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FOUND - Some inspiration!
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 16, 2009 02:50AM

The bleached blond, the nose job, the tan, and the overt sex sell all creep me out. Also I strongly suspect lasering and/or some type of deep peeling.

But other than that I like what he has to say. And Annette Larkins is always inspirational.

[so I have not seen the same results....NOT even close, ]

Plastic surgery helps.

[BUT I will give it up to SEPTEMBER...]

You should never stop making your diet mostly fruits and vegetables, and your fats should always be predominantly uncooked, even it if isn't 100%. Nothing magic happens at 100%.

But if you expect miracles and magic from that, it's because somebody has sold you something and you believed it.

Everybody gets old and dies. But with a really great diet and exercise plan you can slow that down maybe 10% or so and avoid or delay a couple of "elective" diseases.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: February 16, 2009 04:18AM

arugula

You should never stop making your diet mostly fruits and vegetables, and your fats should always be predominantly uncooked, even it if isn't 100%. Nothing magic happens at 100%.

I find some advantages to being all raw rather then straddling the fence with a foot in each camp.

+) Better health is the result of supplying more healthful conditions. 100% = max benefit while 99% = less then max benefit and 60% = a lot less benefit but still a good thing especially in transition
+) less food money is wasted on food that can't digest or receive health benefits from.
+) less toxic material for the body to remove
+) Its easier to keep the door closed on addictions then to keep the door slightly open and try to regulate the addictions.
+) parameters help to prevent or eliminate internal struggles concerning temptations.
+) It helps establish shopping habits to steer the grocery cart into the produce department only and then head for the checkout because it predetermines what kind of food is going to be bought and eaten.
+) Once the decision is made to make health a habit the progression to an all raw diet happens naturally if a person is "listening" to their body.

This is my opinion based on my experiences. I'm sure there are many more benefits to being all raw then what I have listed off the top of my head. If anyone thinks of more reasons to be all raw please post them. Thanks.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 16, 2009 04:53AM

Thank you EZrider, I think all of your points have merit. But I hope you are securing adequate and reliable sources of B12 and D, they will make you more like 99.9999% raw rather than 100% but they are worth it IMHO.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: February 16, 2009 09:43AM

I have to say EZrider that while i agree with all your points in principle you must remember that it isn't so straightforward for everyone.

One comment that you make often is

+) It helps establish shopping habits to steer the grocery cart into the produce department only and then head for the checkout because it predetermines what kind of food is going to be bought and eaten.

I would love to be able to do this but i have my family to feed as well. Ypu are so right - it does put temptation in one's way but it just can't be helped. Some days I am tempted and other days not at all.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 16, 2009 03:02PM

I've seen this video before and it's a little too much like the Dianetics! commercials they used to show on TV when I was a kid and which freaked me out smiling smiley

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 17, 2009 08:12AM

i could only watch a third of the video
before i just got COMPLETELY turned off

so hypey hypey hypEY
to the max

wow

people who really do this lifestyle
don't need to watch a video like this
it is totally insulting to the intelligence
because its very basic information
hyped up and shouted out in a manner that is childlike

quietly live the lifestyle
then there will be no need to get on top of a pulpit
and shame others
with such assumptions that everyone eats pizza everyone has a sedentary lifestyle
everyone is an idiot

the blonde guy who keeps throwing out insults at everyone
i think is kind of weird

he keeps saying WE WE WE

as if everyone has no clue
of how to take care of their bodies

i find that very strange
most people have a clue

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: February 17, 2009 10:58AM

la_veronique

quietly live the lifestyle

I agree. No need to clang the symbols and make a lot of noise. A discordant note in an otherwise beautiful song makes listening difficult. I enjoy the raw lifestyle in peace and quiet lending a helping hand when appropriate and giving everyone including myself the necessary space needed to live their life. Getting in tune with the resonate harmony of a quiet and peaceful life is made easier for me by giving myself some space for solitude. I find an occasional moment of solitude to be like a balm for the mind.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables