Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Unexpected result from yeast cleanse
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: February 18, 2009 02:38AM

I bought a whole body yeast cleanse from Whole Foods, which said that it would end excessive carbohydrate cravings... the unexpected result was that I stopped craving sweet fruit, as well. I've been eating bell peppers, cucumbers, and zucchini like crazy the past few days. For more calories though I think of "plain flavored" things but can't put my finger on what it is I want. For lack of any better ideas I've been eating plain cooked carbs since I seem to have an aversion to sweeter fruits now. I feel like there's some magic fruit or vegetable that's missing from my world of known produce that would fill this void. Apples & bananas seem too sweet but zucchinis, cucumbers & peppers don't have enough calories. Not really feeling like salads, avocados or nuts either. I experienced this same problem many times when I first went raw. I used to wander the produce section looking for the thing I was craving but I haven't found it yet.
Hmmmm.......

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Unexpected result from yeast cleanse
Posted by: zanjabil ()
Date: February 18, 2009 03:45AM

You probably aren't going to crave any thing any more, since it sounds like the yeast cleanse was very effective. Just eat when you are hungry, eat what looks good, smells fresh, and is most nutritious. What about smoothies? Have you been drinking those? Green smoothies can be made not too sweet.

Posted by: Wies0087 ()
Date: February 18, 2009 03:57AM

flax crackers? for me, munching on a flax cracker almost seems like eating bread or "cooked carb" crackers.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: February 18, 2009 05:17AM

Ohhh yeah, you're right about the crackers, I do usually keep some raw crackers around but I ran out. I probably don't even realize how much I munch on them throughout the day. Thank you!

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: February 18, 2009 12:43PM

What was the cleanse like? I mean what was the program of the cleanse? Did you take suplements for X number of days? A drink for X number of days? Could you eat during the cleanse? Just curious...

Mona

Minds are like parachutes----they won't work unless they're open.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables